Naiya’s Art Attempts

Forums Art Art Critique Naiya’s Art Attempts

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@anne_the_noob14 Agh, have you seen MHA?? I love Deku; he’s a dear. πŸ˜€ (still getting used to calling him Deku instead of Midoriya or something)Β  I haven’t seen past season 1; I’ve got to catch up! πŸ˜‰

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Urwen Starial
      @urwen-starial

@naiya-dyani

WHAT?!?!!?! MHA? WHAT?!?!?! *Mind is totally blown*

As for the characters, I’d love to do any of them. (especially Kiet). They all sound great. And your story sounds great, and by golly I’ll do any art you want me to. I don’t care about spoilers

"Jin, don't you like the stars?"
        β€œNo, I hate the stars, they remind me of how small we are."

Naiya Dyani
        @naiya-dyani

@urwen-starial Hee hee, are you a fan too? πŸ˜€

Okay, so there’s this one scene where–you know what, why don’t I just copy it here. . .

My MC, Grace, is out skating with Tai, Dari, and Kiet. She’s never skated before, which gives me a perfect opportunity for <3 moments. πŸ˜‰ (Dari is Grace’s cousin, by the way)

|||As soon as my feet hit the ice, I wobbled and began to lose my balance. Before I fell, Dari caught my arm.
          β€œIt takes a bit to get used to,” he said. β€œHere, make an angle with your feetβ€”like thisβ€”and push off—” He let go and glided off. Turning around and skating backwards, he said, β€œAnd just do that over and over.”
          Helpful, I thought. I tried and promptly landed on my side.
          β€œHe’s been doing it so long, he doesn’t remember what it’s like to start out,” Kiet said, helping me up. β€œHere, it helps to start without worrying about balance.” He offered his arm and supported most of my weight as I struggled across the ice. As I started gliding over it more than stabbing it with the sharp stone blades, I snuck a glance at him. A blush that didn’t seem to come from the cold had crept over his cheeks, and when he caught me looking at him, it deepened as he ducked his head with a smile that sent my heart racing. What’s happening to me? I thought. Am I getting sick or something? This isn’t normal for me!|||

So yeah, that’s the scene. Here are descriptions of the characters. You can add as many or as few to the scene as you want! πŸ™‚

Grace: Tall and willowy, blonde/caramel hair that reaches a bit past the shoulder blades, sharp green eyes that you don’t want looking mad at you, slightly sharp chin; has a general air of (non-prideful) confidence and determination. INTJ. (Although right now she may be a bit flustered because feelings πŸ˜€ )

Dari: Male, average height, hair color like Grace’s that’s in a bit of a β€œneat mop” (kind of like a bowl cut but not, if that makes any sense at all?), green eyes that are a little softer than Grace’s, chin is softer as well.

Tai: Male, maybe a little taller than average height, shock of reddish-blond hair, amber/brown eyes, bit of a pointed chin; has a joking, mischievous attitude.

Kiet: Kind of short, black mop of hair, vivid green eyes, mah cinnabun boi πŸ˜€

Clothingwise, the guys wear long-sleeved tunics about to their knees with leggings and belts; the girls wear long sleeves, leggings, and knee-length tunics with inch-wide straps.

*deep breath*

Oh, yeah, the pond they’re on is surrounded by reeds and pine trees, plus a willow tree. But you can ignore that, if you want. πŸ™‚

Thank you!!!!! Let me know if you have questions! πŸ˜‰

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Urwen Starial
          @urwen-starial

@naiya-dyani

Well. . . I’ve never actually seen MHA, but my sister has, and she’s shown me clips, and told me about it, it sounds really good! I’d love to watch it, I have to take it up with my parents first though. . .

Anyway. YESSSSS. This scene is great. Any specific style you want? And would you be okay with it on a canvas? I got a bunch for Christmas and want to use them.

Also. . .

Skin colors

Eye shapes

Is Grace’s hairnd wavy or straight or curly?

And do you have any specific position you want them in?

I think those are it though for the questions.

Naiya Dyani
            @naiya-dyani

@urwen-starial Any style you feel like doing is good with me! πŸ˜€ And I’m totally cool with canvas! I get needing to use supplies! πŸ˜‰

Skin colors: All of them except for Kiet are basically Caucasian. Kiet’s skin is just a little darker than that.

Eye shapes: Kiet has a kind of Japanese eye shape (his whole race is kind of Japanese inspired except for the distinctive Sirakani green eyes); Grace’s eyes have a bit of a sharp shape, but they’re different from Kiet’s. Tai has wider eyes with a mischievous gleam in them. Dari’s are like Grace’s, but not as sharp in spirit, if you know what I mean! πŸ™‚

Grace’s hair. . . probably straight. Maybe a slight wave, but I would say straight.

It would be nice to have Kiet supporting Grace as she tries to skate and Grace looking awkward and Kiet looking like a mix of happy and embarrassed. πŸ™‚

Thank you so much again!!!!!!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Naiya Dyani.

Urwen Starial
              @urwen-starial

@naiya-dyani

Last few things.

Is Kiet taller than Grace? if so, how much is the height difference?

And what style would you like this in? Seriously, I need you to decide that.

Livi Ryddle
                @anne_the_noob14

@naiya-dyani Nooo sadly I haven’t… :(( Ehhehehehe it’d be awesome if we could binge-watch it together but that’s probably not probable… πŸ˜›

AHIIIIIII I LITERALLY TEARED UP CAUSE GRACE AND KIET ARE SO DANG CUTE *CRIES*

CAN I DRAW THEM, TOO?? πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ I just downloaded an app and even though it’s on my phone so there’s a tiny screen to work on, I love it so far and I need to draw something like… now. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ Pleasepleasepleaseplease??? *makes puppy-dog face*

"Hey. Spit that out."
                *ignores him and swallows frog*
                _____
                "This is the way."

Naiya Dyani
                @naiya-dyani

@urwen-starial Well, Grace is pretty tall and Kiet is kinda short. . . so they’re either about the same height or Grace is taller by less than an inch. And for style. . . how about manga? Thanksss πŸ™‚

@anne_the_noob14 Agh, I know, right?? My sister and I binge watch stuff a lot over Skype when she’s at college. I think that’s actually how I got through most of MHA season one. πŸ˜› I will warn you, though, there is some content stuff you’d want to be aware of before watching it. There’s swearing (mostly out of one character, Katsuki Bakugou, I think) and other stuff from time to time, but if you want details, the IMDb parental guide explains it pretty well.

EEE I’m so happy you like them! XD Their relationship is fun to write. I really hope I’m doing it accurately, but having an INTJ/INFP romance is a ton of fun. I love confusing my MC with feels. πŸ˜‰

Have at it, girl! πŸ˜€ I love seeing my charries on paper (well, on screen I guess, but y’know what I mean πŸ˜‰ ).

Livi Ryddle
                  @anne_the_noob14

@naiya-dyani *nods* Yeah. Ah, and thank you. I’ll check out the parentals in a sec.

YAAASSS THEY’RE AWESOME πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ *grins* YES!! SO DO I HEHEHEHEH

YAY!! I’ll get started as soon as I finish lunch!!

Hold up.. Which one is the INFP? Kiet? Cause that’s my MB type lol. Or at least, that’s the type I was when I first took the test a couple years ago. I think my latest type is like an ISFJ or something. Don’t remember.

"Hey. Spit that out."
                  _____
                  "This is the way."

Naiya Dyani
                  @naiya-dyani

@anne_the_noob14 Yeah, Kiet is kind of the definition of an INFP! πŸ˜€ It also happens to be my type! πŸ˜‰

Livi Ryddle
                    @anne_the_noob14

@naiya-dyani Oh cool! Also I looked at the parents’ guide for MHA and I… don’t think the plot would be good enough to make it worth my trying to skim over the less acceptable sections, so I’ll end up not watching it lol.

"Hey. Spit that out."
                    _____
                    "This is the way."

Livi Ryddle
                    @anne_the_noob14

@naiya-dyani

Also it may be a couple days before I have the Kiet/Grace drawing done, or even started. Going down to stay with Mama in the motel she’s at this week. Won’t be doing much at the motel tho, so after I get settled in I’ll have plenty of time to draw :))

"Hey. Spit that out."
                    _____
                    "This is the way."

Livi Ryddle
                    @anne_the_noob14

@naiya-dyani Do you have a ship name for them yet?? Kirace?? Or Graciet?? (And no, I didn’t just look up ship names for them… stop looking at me πŸ˜› XD )

"Hey. Spit that out."
                    _____
                    "This is the way."

Naiya Dyani
                    @naiya-dyani

@anne_the_noob14 Okay, that’s cool! πŸ˜€ Some people have an easier time skimming past those things than others.

I don’t mind! Take as much time as you need! πŸ˜‰

I actually haven’t come up with a name yet. . . their names aren’t the easiest to blend. πŸ˜› I mean, his nickname for her is Enya (Aboreil for Grace, since Grace is difficult to say with his accent), but that’s only so much better. . . it almost feels a bit odd giving them a ship name! πŸ˜… I can hear them talking about it now. . .

Grace: *staring at me with a raised eyebrow* A. . . ship name?

Kiet: *shrugs* It could be kind of fun!

Grace: *blows hair out of face and crosses arms* It’s a little weird if you ask me.

Tai: *cracks knuckles* Quit being ridiculous! Now, let’s see what names we can come up with. . .

Dari: *facepalms* Leave while you have the chance. This could get awful.

***ten minutes later***

Kiet: *is looking a bit disturbed*

Dari: *still hasn’t lifted his face from his hands*

Tai: –or Griet!

Grace: *sweating* That. . . is the worst one of all.

Tai: Griece! (pronounced grease)

Grace: . . . I take it back.

πŸ˜… My children could use some help.

Ooh, I have a good one! Bit spoilery with the title, tho. πŸ˜‰

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by Naiya Dyani.

Jenna Terese
                      @jenwriter17

@naiya-dyani That’s so cool! πŸ˜€ Yes, Deku is the best (I also like Todoroki). Thanks for tagging me! Do you watch any other anime?

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
                      www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest