fb

My profile picture is being weird…

Forums General Site Info Guidelines & FAQ My profile picture is being weird…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

So my profile picture was originally the one from Kingdom Pen, but I changed it to something else. I see my newer one on my profile page…

The Guild login section…

login

And the forum menu…

…But it stays the same on an actual forum topic!

topic

… Or is this all just me? Help?

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

Sometimes because of caching it can take a while for the software to recognize your new profile pic. I can see your pic on this post, so I’m guessing it’s just a temporary delay that will iron itself out shortly. 🙂

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@josiah For what it’s worth, I’ve been having the same issue. I have no clue about caching and coding and other frightening website terminology, but I thought I’d mention it just the same, in case it helps you diagnose. 😛

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

@scribbles Yeah, if this happens to one person, it probably happens to all… Basically the idea of caching is that your computer doesn’t reload everything every time it opens a new page but only reloads the different elements on the page and “remembers” what was on the page before. As a result, it doesn’t automatically reload every profile pic every time since that would lead to a slower site experience.

How long does it take you and @dekreel before the changes show up?

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

Oop, my new picture is up now! Thanks, @josiah, for clearing things up! So to answer your question… Maybe two or three sign-ins? I don’t know — I wasn’t paying attention. XD

Blog

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@josiah I don’t know…let’s test this… 😛

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

It’s still showing up as the old one for me. And all I see for @dekreel is the standard, un-customized profile pic.

Anyway, I’m not particularly bothered about whatever is causing it, but since I saw that someone else was having the problem, I just wanted to mention it in case it was helpful to know. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Rachel Rogers.

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

@scribbles *logs out and back in*

Ohh, that’s weird, it changed back to my old one… 0.o  Silly cache…

Blog

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.