My plot is on vacation or something…

Forums Fiction Plotting My plot is on vacation or something…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    -korious
    @korious

So I’m writing this very emotional drama called Dear God on Wattpad, inspired by a song of that name by Hunter Hayes.
    The plot follows a young man (who is based on the writer of the song and shares his name as well) after he’s just experienced a very harsh breakup with a long-time girlfriend. Hunter, being a very insecure and vulnerable-to-change kind of guy, breaks down. His life used to revolve around the feelings he had for the girl who left him, and now he feels empty.

So anyway…I won’t go into any more detail about the plot unless you ask me to elaborate more. For now, I need some advice on where to take the plot!! I’ll share more info if anyone is interested in helping me out, otherwise, I won’t waste your time.

Thanks!

-Kori

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@korious

So maybe you could take the plot in the direction of the main character, Hunter, trying to fill the void in his life. Maybe he tries a sport, or helping out at a charity, or some kind of adventure that he tries to create for himself? The truth is that those kind of things don’t really give true purpose to a human being, and maybe Hunter could realize that. 🙂

-korious
    @korious

Thanks for the response @evelyn.

My plot does have something very similar. After Hunter’s breakup, he moves across town next to this middle-aged man with a nephew. This nephew, Rhys, pushes away anything to do with God, and his uncle has a very hard time with this, as he wants Rhys to accept Christ. After Hunter moves next door to them and interacts with them a little, he eventually tries to talk to Rhys and help him open the door to Christ. But, I’m at the stage in Hunter’s emotional journey where he’s only just beginning to accept the changes in his life and rediscover the peace God can give him, so he’s not till the point where helping Rhys with his own anger towards God isn’t really an option at this point…

I’m very bad at explaining things, I hope this all made sense. If you want me to go into more detail of the plot I’d be happy to. I’m still trying to figure everything out. XD

-Kori

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@korious Cool! (:

So, is there any specific part you are looking for help on?

-korious
    @korious

@evelyn

Well, since I’m in an awkward place in my plot I don’t really know what I want to happen next…would you be interested in reading what I have so far?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@korious Sounds neat! … but I have a lot on my plate right now. 😛

Sorry!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest