My own personal discussion/sharing group

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions My own personal discussion/sharing group

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

@parker

I have read them, yes. Quite a bit, actually. As soon as I’m able I’ll share some photos I’ve taken fairly recently. (I like to “show off my riches”)

HAPPY WRITING!!

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

I keep wanting to share different parts of different stories. Do you suppose that’s part of my problem? Not only do I not know my characters very well or plot my story as much as I think I do, but when I share it’s kind of a random hodge-podge. :/

HAPPY WRITING!!

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

This is a story I began working on 2 or 3 years ago. It’s been slow going (all my writing has, in fact) since my TBI at 18. I’d write about the TBI because it really would be a good topic to delve into, but my memory is of almost no use. I’ve started many stories, finished none, but keep going anyway. :'(

Ruth peered into the black night, her heart pounding despite Shadow’s presence beside her. She hadn’t been completely alone since David found her unconscious and bleeding in the woods after the storm that stranded her in this place.

It isn’t all that bad here, she told herself. Glancing around at the rustic cabin she grimaced. It was obviously lived in by a solitary man. There were clothes hanging from nearly every piece of furniture. Dirty dishes filled the sink in the nearby kitchen area. She sneezed.

Maybe I can clean this place up and surprise him. Ruth ran her fingers through tangled hair, worrying her lower lip as she [tried] to figure out what to do.

Shadow nudged her arm up, sticking his wet nose and face in the opening and stretching to lick her chin. Ruth smiled, enjoying the physical display of affection. Even if it came from a dog and not her mother.

What do you think of this? I’m planning to finish this one and get it published this year. I hope.

HAPPY WRITING!!

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@kr-lalonde, hmm. That could be a problem. Too much at once can sometimes be a hindrance.

And wow!!! That was an AMAZING snippet!!!! I love how you share the characters thoughts through her actions.

That would be awesome if you finish it!!!! ANd getting published would be SO COOL!!!!!

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

That would indeed by AWESOME. I’ve been struggling with this story alone for a long time. And I have other WIP that are also in the works. I’m not sure which one to concentrate on more, to be honest.

This one is called ESCAPE THE STORM.

I also have one called BLUE HEART. And another called THE OTHER PRINCE CHARMING. Plus several biblical stories (well, all are biblical, really) and a couple of other fiction novellas.

HAPPY WRITING!!

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@kr-lalonde, yeah, it can be hard to one to concentrate on. Those are great titles!! Do you know which book is more developed? That might could help in your decision to pick one.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

Well, I’ve decided to change Blue Heart somewhat, so I’d have to say that Escape the Storm is probably the most advanced.

I’m glad you also like those titles! I’m always afraid that if I do indeed get published in the traditional sense, the publishing house will decide to change names and the title and etc. 🙁 When I come up with a title (and I have several dozen already) it usually comes with a story plot that I came up with.

Like these:

1. Killing to Save
    2. Outrunning Grief
    3. A Simpler Life
    4. Weak Defenses
    5. A Light in the Darkness
    6. Punishment of Love

And numerous others. I seriously doubt I’d ever get them all written, though. 🙁

HAPPY WRITING!!

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@kr-lalonde, that’s really cool!!! I love those titles!! Titles aren’t my strong point. XD!! I have a name for my second book but not the first or third.

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

If you’d like some help – and you’re willing to give me some details – I can help with that (hopefully).

HAPPY WRITING!!

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@kr-lalonde, that would be awesome!! I’ve got to go for today, but I’ll be back tomorrow and I’ll begin details.

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

SUPER!

Looking forward to it!

HAPPY WRITING!!

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

A book cover I made for a Facebook friend. She keeps telling me how much she loves it. 😀

HAPPY WRITING!!

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@kr-lalonde

All right!! Thanks!!

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

I keep coming back to your rather excited comment about liking the snippet I shared. That was written first, then typed up with the intention of continuing on my computer. I never got around to doing it. And like I said before: EtS is the farthest along.

HAPPY WRITING!!

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@kr-lalonde, that’s neat!! And those covers are so cool!!!! If your ready, I could give you the information needed for my book title.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest