My last story (for a while)

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions My last story (for a while)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

It’s called The Future Tree, and it’s about sibling rivalry on a quest to harvest fruit that will determine.

This will be the last of my stories to release through Havok for a while, the reason for this being that all my writerly energies have been devoted to The Lore of Yore (my novel WIP), and thus I haven’t written anything for any of Havok’s recent themes.

Praise for The Future Tree:

“A very powerful story of brotherhood! I love the imagery and snippets of worldbuilding. Well done!”
    -Rae Graham

For one day only, you can read The Future Tree for free at gohavok.com. Don’t miss it– this will be your last chance to read my work for free for several months.

(I will have a short story releasing later this summer, but it’ll be in an anthology that you’ll have to pay for)

And so– visit gohavok.com today to seize this opportunity.

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

Arindown
    @arindown

@toklaham-veruzia

I went and read your story. Good job. I really liked it.

I have written a ton of flash-fiction, but I’ve never polished or published any of it. Maybe I should look into it.

Just curious, how long do you plan for your WIP to be? I saw over on Word Wars that you had written over 17,000 words during one battle. That’s really amazing (my WIP is hardly twice that long, and I’m probably 6 months into it).

Live doing what you love. Die doing what you love. Do what you love for the Master.

Zachary Holbrook
      @toklaham-veruzia

@arindown I just finished the second draft of my WIP yesterday. It’s called The Lore of Yore, and weighs in at about 138k words.

If you want to polish your flash fiction, Havok is great help. Submit a piece and their editors will give you feedback even if you’re not chosen for publication.

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

Arindown
      @arindown

@toklaham-veruzia

Thanks, maybe I’ll look into Havok. Sounds cool.

Wow, that is a LOT of words for a book. Mine won’t be that long…but it’s my first novel, so I don’t feel like I need too many.

Live doing what you love. Die doing what you love. Do what you love for the Master.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest