Music And Writing…Are You Musical?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Music And Writing…Are You Musical?

This topic contains 109 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Jenna Terese 4 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)
  • Author

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@holly-anne

with an ‘e’…

If I could go to a concert, I’d probably go to a Toby Mac concert, but I really dunno. I’ve never been to a concert before.

@anne-of-lothlorien

another one with an ‘e’…

Yep! You bet I am! One might say I’m (heh-heh)ย savvy on all that.

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer

Yeah! It is, really. But I don’t have all of them, unfortunately. ๐Ÿ™

Sure, you can call me Will! What’ll I call you?

@elisha-starquill

Awesome!! Yeah, I play the guitar for my church and the piano for fun, and my favourite would probably be the piano. That probably being because that’s the one I’ve played the longest, but still, I really like the guitar!!! I’ve played the piano for about five years (I think, maybe more) and the guitar for around five months (I really can’t be sure). But I love them both! ๐Ÿ™‚

Excuse me. Do you NOT like chocolate? (!!!!!)

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@w-o-holmes Ok thank you! Umm. . . Well my real name is Rebecca. . . I like to be called Becky, a lot of people call me Bekah so, you pick ๐Ÿ™‚

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

Okay, I’ll call you Becky! ๐Ÿ™‚ So, Becky, are you entering in the poetry contest?

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

Anybody like Toby Mac or the Newsboys?

@w-o-holmes Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

I may enter it. I don’t know yet. I’m gonna be a little busy over this weekend. I’m going to the 2019 Fall KY 4H shooting sports certification work shop. I’m going to get certified as a rifle coach. So yeah. I won’t be on Story Embers probably Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

After that- – I’ll have some time on my hands!! Lord willing I’ll be able to write more! We’ll see.

Are you entering?

I like Toby Mac!

Dakota
    @dakota

@w-o-holmes I like some songs from both of those artists. I think my favorite TobyMac song is “Lose My Soul”. Newsboys . . . depends on if it’s with or without Peter Furler. With him, it’s probably “Thrive”. With Micheal Tait, it’s probably “Guilty”.

Ok, so if there was one band that you could meet in person/go to a concert of theirs, who would it be?

I don’t knowย  . . . probably Jeremy Camp. . . I guess For King and Country too.

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@elisha-starquill – I’ve never picked an absolute favorite… I love Priceless, Burn the Ships, and Fix My Eyes.

@w-o-holmes Yup, with an ‘e’. That’s why my name is Anne, because I love that series so much. It’s not my real name. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey, may be odd, but can I call you Turner if I ever need to address you? Just because I love nicknames, and if you like Pirates otC, and you’re Will, I think that’d be fun. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
      No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Leon Fleming
      @w-o-holmes

Nice! You like shooting, too? I used to live right smack in the middle of a bunch of rice fields and me and my pellet gun were the terror of the land. XD I haven’t got my own rifle yet, though. I’ve shot my Dad’s before; ’twas a lot of fun, truly. Do you hunt or just shoot targets? Or both?

I think you’ll be all right, though, because you can wait to enter your poem at the very latest on October 31.

I’m gonna try to enter, I just have to sort out the entry fee. ๐Ÿ™‚

Awesome!!! What are your favourite songs of his?

@dakota

Yeah, I like both those. Especiallyย Guilty. It’s always great when a good song gets stuck in your head.

@anne-of-lothlorien

Nice. Sure! Whatever you like…as long as it’s not something like Bill, or anything…XD!!

@w-o-holmes That sounds fun! LOL!

Oh I LOVE shooting!!

We do both. I’ve hunted but have not yet shot anything. (sorry if the topic of hunting is offensive to anyone) We are primarily bow hunters though. My sister has gotten a deer almost every year for the past few years. And I believe only one of her deer was shot with a gun.

As far as what guns I’ve shot. . .I’ve shot 22. rifle, 12 gauge shotgun, 20 gauge shotgun(with a normal round and with a slug), 4-10, my dad’s 30-30, and lots of different types of black powder guns. My favorite to shoot was probably the 12 gauge shotgun. That’s the one I use in shotgun competitions.

Cool! I’ll see about it. I can’t write a poem unless I’m in the mood for it. It has to come naturally, I can’t force it. So I’ll see.

Favorite. . . I like Tonight, The Elements, Get Back Up and Hold On.

Holly Anne
      @holly-anne

@anne-of-lothlorien

No I don’t think I’ve heard of Sleeping at Last…I’ll have to check them out ๐Ÿ˜‰ Oh and For King And Country are like some of the best! Lol we have similar dreams haha… seriously would be so amazing but super terrifying to get asked up on stage with them!!! Oooh yes I love Andrew Peterson’s music too ๐Ÿ™‚

Yep FKAC are soo good!!!

@elisha-starquill

Aww thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ Yeessss!! I love the Piano Guys music! That would be so amazing to go to a concert of theirs! Ummm…right now, I would love to see Willow City, cause I really love that style of music etc… And I would love to see FCAK or Hans Zimmer.

@kayla-skywriter

yeah I’ve only been to a couple myself and most were pretty small so yep. ๐Ÿ™‚

@w-o-holmes

haha can’t leave out the ‘e’ lol ๐Ÿ™‚ Toby Mac’s music is pretty cool!

@dakota

Yeah Jeremy Camp would be great in concert! I love his new album!!!

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)
        Composer, Writer, Sarcastic ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kayla Skywriter
        @kayla-skywriter

@w-o-holmes

My middle name is actually Anne, but I’m named after an aunt.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Elisha Starquill
        @elisha-starquill

@w-o-holmes – Funnily enough, I play piano at church sometimes, and guitar mostly for fun. What type of piano music do you play?

Nope! I do not like chocolate, in any way, shape or form. Can’t stand the sight of it, in fact. ๐Ÿ˜›

@holly-anne – Never heard of those music artists before…I’ll go check them out!

INFJ โžณ Trinstamentalist โžณ Thalassophile โžณ Chocolate Hater โžณ Daughter of God

Leon Fleming
        @w-o-holmes

Yeah, it was!…until we moved. To a town. Oh well…but we got a good church!

Lucky, I’ve only shot a bow once, but it was awesome! Yeah, hunting really isn’t offensive to me at all. XD Hey, God gave the dominion of the land to man. ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice.

I gotta agree with you, I can’t force poetry either. It’s a craft like clouds. Either they’re there, or they’re not!

TobyMac: Yeah, I’ve got those all. My favourites would be…uh, No Ordinary Love, Start Somewhere, Eye On It (remix), and Showstopper. Have you heard his new remix album of the Elements?

@holly-anne

Yup!

@kayla-skywriter

Whaaatt? So I’ll call you Anne, now? Cool.

I really did not picture the name Anne as going with your profile (not that I can see it or anything) (no offense, but the more I think about it, the more it [Anne] actually fits)(duh, it’s your name. XD) Nice name!

Another ‘e’! Gosh

@elisha-starquill

Nice! Kinda like a parallel but switched. Um, I like playing long, very dramatic pieces like Moonlight Sonata (Beethoven) and Liebestraum (Franz List). But I also like playing ragtime (not that I do it a lot) and songs like It’s So Overt, It’s Covert,ย from A Game of Shadows (Robert Downey Jr. playing Sherlock Holmes; second movie). I also like to just sit down and improvise. Once I played this really dramatic piece that droned on and on. ๐Ÿ™‚ One of my favourite instruments to play. It can really bring emotions out. Like in poetry.

@w-o-holmes good. I really like that perspective. It’s different than the way a lot of people are about it. It’s refreshing to not have to feel scared to say that I hunt.

Yeah it’s just the way poetry is. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have listened to almost that whole album!!!

Well I gotta go. Shooting sports training awaits. I’ll tell you about it when I get back. Maybe if nobody else minds I can post some pics on here.

Talk to ya later Will. Bye for now.

Kayla Skywriter
        @kayla-skywriter

@w-o-holmes

Yes, that is myย middle name. You can totally call me that if you want.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ย readersย answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest