Music And Writing…Are You Musical?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Music And Writing…Are You Musical?

This topic contains 109 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Jenna Terese 4 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 110 total)
  • Author

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@banana-peacock-warrior It was a Building 429 concert. Dunno if you’ve ever heard of them. They’ve been one of my favorite bands for a REALLY LONG TIME!!

I had an awesome time!  It was after a baseball game. And I really enjoyed both! I also got my very first autograph!

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Banana Peacock Warrior
    @banana-peacock-warrior

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer: How cool! Yes, I’ve heard of them; that’s super awesome! And your first autograph?! That’s so cool! (LOL, more cool than my first autograph… I was, like, 6 and I got an autograph from the lead in my cousin’s school play…)

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
      ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

@banana-peacock-warrior LOL!

@kayla-skywriter @rosequeen @elisha-starquill @anne-of-lothlorien @holly-anne
      *A shadowy figure enters the dark room* *throwing back its good it glances around*

Hey guys?

*Turns a circle in the darkness searching for signs of life*

Guys!! Is anybody in here? Guys??!!

*Sighs*

@w-o-holmes

Hey, figured I’d invite you to this thread. . . Seems kinda- inactive, but I thought you might like it, besides, it’s about time it revived. 🙂🙃😉

Leon Fleming
      @w-o-holmes

Alright. Thanks! 🙂 What’s it about? Besides the obvious. (XD!!!) Music and writing…

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

*A shadowy figure enters the dark room* *throwing back its good it glances around*

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer I think you meant “hood.” 😉

But anyway, I’m here, and I agree that this thread should be revived. 🙂

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

@r-m-archer

*shadowy figure whirls around* YOU!!!! You had to ruin the moment. *Then starts laughing* LOL!! Don’t you just love typing errors? (But hey, it was typed on a phone!) LOL!

Well I’m glad you’re here!

*Sees @w-o-holmes and walks quickly forwards* Ah, you came! I’ll just quote holly anne’s original purpose statement that pretty much sums it up.

Hey all, So I’ve kinda been seeing a trend on here. It seems like every other writer is also very musical. So, if you are also musical, what is your favourite album/music to listen to while you write? Also, how does your musical side affect your writing? For example, with me, my music provides a whole load of inspiration for my writing and visa-Versa. It almost creates the world and scenery/setting/tone of what I’m writing. Good music is one of the things that makes me want to write, and also be able to put lots of feeling and emotion into my writing. So, I thought it would be interesting to hear what you all say!!! I’m gonna tag some of you all that I know are musical too… BTW, feel free to tag anyone else who you know is musical too 🙂

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

@r-m-archer *shadowy figure whirls around* YOU!!!! You had to ruin the moment. *Then starts laughing* LOL!! Don’t you just love typing errors? (But hey, it was typed on a phone!) LOL!

That was my guess. XD Phones are so good at ruining moments.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Leon Fleming
      @w-o-holmes

*chuckles*

Yeah, you could say I do relate to this topic. I play the piano and the guitar. And I write poetry. And occasionally I write lyrics. Very occasionally. Though I just came up with a very nice melodical piece of music comprised of the piano and bursts of falling rain. Of course, I also write prose, and that being of now attributes: fantasy. When writing fantasy I prefer to listen to soundtracks, instrumental (classic or otherwise), or electrical thrumish things like TRON. I can listen to songs with lyrics in them, but it just has to melt into the backround or into my head in a way that promotes what I’m writing. The words would have to have meaning in relation unto the texts that I’m writing at the time. Savvy? I usually don’t write poetry and listen to music at the same time, but when I do, I prefer to listen to the Hobbit and LOTR soundtracks. Those are really good.

This is kinda off-topic, but there was this one poem I wrote for a fantasy short story for a prototypical setting of myself within this fantastical world to see if it would mix well. Anyway, I had my cooler on and it was blowing cold air at my back and all other sound was muted out in such a way that it was like I had immersed my self into a different little world. (This was late at night.) So. This poem was about this character riding through a night on horseback and battling the wind and this little piece really fit in because it was wrote on a whim with actual setting helping it along. You know what I mean?

Gosh! That’s a big emoji! :O XD

Holly Anne
      @holly-anne

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer @r-m-archer @banana-peacock-warrior @elisha-starquill @anne-of-lothlorien @kayla-skywriter @everyone-else-on-here-that-I-haven’t-replied-to-for-months lol

Hey all! I’m back!!! Well, kinda lol. So sorry that I haven’t replied to ANYTHING for like months! I guess I actually have music to blame for that…I’ve been working on an album so super busy. Anyways, so glad that you all decided to get this thread up and going again! Oh and also, if there is anyone that I haven’t replied to comments, my apologies 🙂

Ok, so if there was one band that you could meet in person/go to a concert of theirs, who would it be?

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)
        Composer, Writer, Sarcastic 😉

Anne of Lothlorien
        @anne-of-lothlorien

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Sorry I haven’t been on in so long. Life… you know. 🙂

Also, *throws back her good* What are we chucking our goodness away for? Actually, I’m gonna want that back. *strides away to fetch it and falls into a pothole along the way* *consoles herself with her entrapment by listening to Sleeping at Last*

Have any of y’all heard of Sleeping at Last? @holly-anne @w-o-holmes My favorite song is Seven.

@w-o-holmes Double thumbs up for using the word ‘savvy’. Captain Sparrow fan?

@holly-anne I would definitely want to go see For King and Country. And in my crazy dreams, they invite me on stage to sing with them. Hands down favorite. Second might be Andrew Peterson.

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
          No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

@anne-of-lothlorien LOL!!!!!!
          Your funny! Good to see you again!!

@holly-anne one band?? Hmm. . . I’ll go with for King and country.

@w-o-holmes 😱😱😱😱 I know right? HUGE!!  Yeah that’s cool. I LOVE listening to movie sound tracks!! Pirates of the Caribbean sound track is amazing!! *Glances around, then leans over and whispers* hey, can I call you Will?

@r-m-archer yeah. LOL!! Don’t you love them??!!! 😂

Elisha Starquill
          @elisha-starquill

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer – *emerges from the dark depths of the study-world* Hi! I have managed to rise from school for a few blissful moments. 😛 Have you been listening to anything interesting lately? I haven’t unfortunately, except for my new guitar piece.

@holly-anne – Welcome back! Good luck on your album. 🙂 Hmm…I think I’d want to go to one of the Piano Guys’ concerts. That’d be so cool. You?

@anne-of-lothlorienFor King and Country is amazing! I’d be way too shy to go on stage with them though. 😛 Do you have a favorite song of theirs?

@w-o-holmes – I play piano and guitar too! How long have you been playing them? Which one do you like more?

INFJ ➳ Trinstamentalist ➳ Thalassophile ➳ Chocolate Hater ➳ Daughter of God

Kayla Skywriter
          @kayla-skywriter

Hi, I’m still here.

@holly-anne

I don’t really know. I like the Piano Guys, so maybe them. But, I’ve never been to a concert before.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest