Music And Writing…Are You Musical?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Music And Writing…Are You Musical?

This topic contains 72 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Emberynus The Dragonslayer 29 minutes ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@holly-anne

Okay, I got it. Chords can be hard, I still transpose songs to avoid playing F.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
      @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

Anybody else like to listen to Chris Tomlin?

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Elisha Starquill
        @elisha-starquill

@kayla-skywriter – I think so, but honestly I don’t really know what fingerstyle is. xD Is it just like breaking up the chords to be played by individual fingers?

@holly-anne – Ooh, that’s so cool that you taught yourself guitar! You must be great at playing by ear. I’m terrible at that, but fortunately I’m okay at reading sheet music. Otherwise I’d be doomed. 😛 And yes, classical can be hard because there’s a lot of sheet music to read. Go listen to The Lark! *shoos you off* It’s amazing!!!

@anne-of-lothlorien – Neat! I’ve been playing piano nearly as long as you have (ten years) and I recently started violin too! Yes, it sounds so bad, especially compared to my piano, but I love it. How are you liking it so far?

INFJ ➳ Wanderess ➳ Trinstamentalist ➳ Thalassophile ➳ Chocolate Hater ➳ Daughter of God

Kayla Skywriter
        @kayla-skywriter

@elisha-starquill

Um, how to explain this.

So, no, it is not just breaking up chords. You play the melody of the song, but not just that.

Here, I’ll just give you an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5RGKOY4Uyw

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Anne of Lothlorien
          @anne-of-lothlorien

@elisha-starquill – I’m liking it okay. My delusions of being an instant gifted violin player were already crushed, so now I’m just plodding through lessons… my best friend that was teaching me is starting college courses this fall though, so I don’t know if she’ll have time anymore, and I’m starting work in a week, so I may have to drop it for a while… 🙁

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
            No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

RoseQueen
            @rosequeen

I have playlists for every one of my stories, does that answer the question? LOL. No, I can’t tell you how many songs I can credit for giving me a mood, a scene, even a character.

"The things which are not..."

@rosequeen Oh YESS!! I get whole stories from songs sometimes. . .  I’m not joking.

RoseQueen
                @rosequeen

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Tell me about it, I’ve been cranking “King And Lionheart” by Of Monsters and Men all morning. It’s the official theme of at least one of my novellas now, LOL

"The things which are not..."

Dakota
                  @dakota

@holly-anne

I write mostly hymns, songs with a slight ‘country feel’  and I guess you could call some of them ‘contemporary’. I just write a song, sometimes with a rhythm or melody in mind as my prototype and then I classify it.

I have a thread on here where I post my lyrics I’ve written. maybe you can help me figure out what genre I write! 🙂

Lyrical Poems are Welcome here!

My recording stuff is slow . . . and sporadic. But maybe some day . . .

Psalm 119:11
                  Your word I have hidden in my heart,
                  That I might not sin against You.

Banana Peacock Warrior
                  @banana-peacock-warrior

@r-m-archer: Yes… the ocarina DOES seem a little awkward to play… XD But it looks so fun at the same time!!!

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer: *laughs awkwardly and starts clapping*

Oh no, poor you!! 🙁 Chocolate doesn’t make you feel good? Well… you can still eat it in SMALL amounts, right???

@kayla-skywriter: That’s really cool… I’ll have to learn that song, myself, once I finish the mountains of piano music I have to get through first… it’s like my stack of WIP’s… XD

@holly-anne: Yeah; I get it that you have different taste preferences. Eh – I agree to disagree. XD I do have one friend here in OH who doesn’t like chocolate and one of my closest friends doesn’t like a spectrum of amazing things and I simply don’t understand… LOL! My sweet tooth speaking… 😉

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
                    ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

@banana-peacock-warrior Why so awkward?!!! *darkly* NO ONE should be embarrassed about being an Austin French fan!! LOL 😆

Yes, in small amounts. it’s mostly just milk chocolate that does it to me. Dark chocolate is fine though. It’s terrible when you can’t eat much of something that really tastes good!

@rosequeen LOL!! There are too many to tell about!! It’d be easier if I could tell you one from a particular song.

@holly-anne @banana-peacock-warrior @anne-of-lothlorien @kayla-skywriter @ariella-newheart

Hey! In the spirit of this thread I have an announcement! I went to my first concert Sunday!!

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest