fb

Mini Prompt Wars

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Mini Prompt Wars

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@this-is-not-an-alien @k-a-grey

Thank you both for your feedback!

I’m not used to working with such a small word count, so it was helpful to see the areas that I need to polish.

~~~~~

@emily-waldorf

Is it part of a larger story, or is it just this scene?

It is part of a much larger story, at least I want it to be. Right now it’s still in the developing stages but I have high hopes for it’s future. 😁 I didn’t explain this in my submission, but the books Soren insisted were so important to the mission are actually to help her master her special ability called Vir manipulation, which is sort of like the world’s magic system.
    Also, Parr is an apprentice dragon trainer.

What I know in my head and what I believe in my heart are two entirely different things.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@k-a-grey

Hey y’all, I enjoyed both of them.

I think my vote is going for @winter_rose but Emily’s was real close.

Happy writing!

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

Yay @winter_rose! Congratulations!

and thank you, @noah-cochran for the tie-breaker!

Your life is not your own so keep your hands off it. ~Sherlock Holmes

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@emily-waldorf

Thanks!

What I know in my head and what I believe in my heart are two entirely different things.

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@winter_rose Congratulations! Hey, do you want to throw out a new prompt for us?

@Emily-waldorf
    Don’t be too hard on yourself, you did great! Would you like to join in the next prompt? I think this little exercise helps us all see our weak points, but that means we can work on becoming better writers!  Maybe next time when writing an argument, you can try to see if the character’s reactions are proportional to the “trigger.” You can actually get the reader interested in the dialogue, even if it’s about coffee filters, if they can relate.  So maybe more of some playful banter going on instead of a full-blown argument.

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

@k-a-grey

Thanks for the advice! I might join–I think I’ll wait on the prompt and to see how much time I have. 🙂

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@k-a-grey

Sure!

Umm…

Prompt: Two characters are both trying to hide from each other something they shouldn’t have.  Each character is suspicious of the other.

If that one doesn’t sound like it will work I can try to come up with a different prompt.

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@winter_rose That prompt sounds perfect!  Before I say I’ll join though, I’ll see who is joining and who would be willing to be a judge for this round.  Also, since Christmas Eve is tomorrow, let’s extend the deadline to Monday instead.

Tagging @emma-walker @joelle-stone @this-is-not-an-alien @calidris @erynne @noah-cochran

Also, Noah is the only guy right now.😅 Do you know of any more guys or gals who might want to join?

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@storysmith is the only other guy I remember his tag name XD

i might could do that. We will see.

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@emma-walker @k-a-grey

Sorry I have not been able to follow this much, but I am on vacation for the next several days and could try to judge.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@storysmith I totally understand! It is the holidays after all! 😀

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by Emma Walker.

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

@k-a-grey
    I will probably not join this one, unless contestants are needed. I could judge, however. 🙂

Erynne
    @erynne

Where are we at on this?

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

Where are we at on this?

Deadline ends tomorrow night. I’m a judge.

Erynne
    @erynne

@Emily-waldorf

Cool, thank you. Let me know if y’all need any more judges or contestants. Vacation is sadly over so I have to get back to my life apparently

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest