fb

Mini Prompt Wars

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Mini Prompt Wars

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@mamaauthoress

K. A. Grey, Cathy, and I all wrote a short piece of writing each (see page two of this thread for them). If you would like to judge, read each of the pieces of writing, and then with out looking at the other judge’s posts, do the following:

Guess the gender PoV character of each of the writings

Give your overall thoughts on the prose and such of the writings

Choose your favorite piece (cast your vote for your favorite essentially)

We would love you hear your thoughts! 🙂

@erynne

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME YOU’RE ONE OF THE CHOSEN??

I didn’t assume anything. To quote myself:

but if I’m one of the tied ones

Emphasis on if. 

@emily-waldorf

Like Grey said, you’re welcome to, the other judges probably won’t have it done by Monday anyway. xD

calidris
    @calidris

I’m sorry guys, this is just getting way too confusing for me lol

*laughs as one fey*

Erynne
    @erynne

@Noah-Cochran

Wow man where’s your sense of humor?

Emphasis on man.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@calidris lol yeah I haven’t even been playing and it’s been confusing XD

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@calidris @emma-walker

Hey, not anymore confusing than the character castles you have going on with a 100-somethin pages. 😂😂 I’m too scared to even try to figure that thread out.

So basically, @calidris , if you’d still like to be a judge,  you just pick the best piece out of the three submissions on page 2. That’s it.  If guessing the character’s gender POV is too much, you don’t have to. I just threw that in there for fun😂

Does that make more sense?

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

If you’d like to see my original prompt, this is it:

Write about a character experiencing an intense emotion, but here’s the twist: you can’t give away what the gender of the character is. The judge for the prompt has to determine if it’s a guy or a gal speaking from the tone in dialogue and the character’s actions.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@k-a-grey lol I don’t even try to understand the character castles lol

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@Emma-walker  I know, right? xD

Hey, do you want to cast a vote?  We’re having a hard time getting our judges to respond😭

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

@noah-cochran, @this-is-not-an-alien, @k-a-grey

Judge’s Decision

Cathy: Gender…I can’t decide. It seems like it should be male, but I’m guessing female

Noah: Gender: male

Grey: Gender: female

(Now you guys have to tell us when all the judging is over–you know that, right?)

My vote goes to @noah-cochran.

Thanks for the opportunity to judge, folks! It was an honor.

Hier steche ich. Ich kann nicht anders. Gott helfe mir. Amen. ~Martin Luther

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

I don’t even try to understand the character castles lol

Hey hey hey! They’re not that bad, lol.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@emily-waldorf just a little too confusing and crazy for me lol

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

just a little too confusing and crazy for me lol

Yeah, I get that. I’m a member, so…

You got it when you say it’s crazy, though. I just killed off a character I had in there…everybody was mad at me. XD

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@emily-waldorf wow lol I love making people mad like that XD

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

@emma-walker it was all capital letters and exclamation marks. Do you *like* to kill off characters in your stories?

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@emily-waldorf I don’t if they are really amazing characters. I’ve cried over the fact I’ve had to kill a certain one. In a snippet series I did, I was just started to develop a certain character and had already decided his death, but then he became the most amazing character and also a love interest, and so I’ve cried some nights about him. The only reason I still killed him off was because his death had a purpose, and some characters wouldn’t even have been born had he not died.
    But in my current wip I’m gonna kill of a character and I already detest him so it’s okay.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest