fb

Mini Prompt Wars

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Mini Prompt Wars

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Erynne
    @erynne

Oh cool Imma judge! I will read these tonight and give me answer by morning.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@this-is-not-an-alien

I’m thinking you should recruit new judges. 🙂

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@noah-cochran

YOUR TURN!!!!!! 🙀

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@this-is-not-an-alien

YOUR TURN!!!!!! 🙀

Fine, fine, I will.

Oh, and I adore the cat emoji.

@mamaauthoress

Hey Laura, want to do us a quick favor and judge this little contest war we have going? 🙂

@emily-waldorf

Emily my friend, care to judge for us real quick?

@calidris

I don’t believe we’ve officially met, but you’re a pretty active user, and we need someone to judge us. 🙂

@erynne

You may commence judging at will.

calidris
    @calidris

@noah-cochran I would love to!  Should I give my input now, or should I wait?

*laughs as one fey*

Erynne
    @erynne

@Noah-Cochran

Oh shoot I forgot about you. Just you specifically, I remembered everyone else.

Am I still a judge? Never mind Im doing it anyway

@this-is-not-an-alien
    @k-a-grey

Catapult-

Yours is definitely a girl.

I could real feel the intense emotion and it definitely wasn’t cliched. However, the style of the writing wasn’t the easiest to read. It was good and I liked where it was going,  it just wasn’t the easiest for me to read.

Good job 🙂

Noah- yours was from a boys POV

I liked everything about it. The setting, the pace, and it was <i>beautifully </i>written.

Now for where you messed up because I don’t want to accidentally flatter you as if telling you you’re more attractive than a gun hasn’t done that already

I liked  the emotion you put into it, but it wasn’t very intense. You did really good showing it in only 500ish words but it wasn’t very intense which is the point of the prompt it was there but not completely, or not enough I guess. I would probably say something differently if I new the entire story but I don’t 😜

Grey- yours was also a girl

I do think the emotion was a bit cliche, but I liked where everything was going. It was a little quick, but hey, it’s not like you had moths to brainstorm and a professional editor right with you 😉 but I still really liked it and found it the most interesting of the three which is really saying something because the over two were incredibly interesting and held my attention well.

Now I gotta pick a winner? Uhh… I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. Catapult is a great friend of mine, Noah is really awesome and one of the manliest guys I know (that’s still young) which is amazing, and I don’t know Grey but I so I definitely don’t want to hurt you feelings… Again.

So I’m gonna say who I choose to win but only because Catapult (that’s just your new nickname for no reason whatsoever) will chase of down to the ends of the earth if I don’t (and as a flat earther, I am truly scared of that happening)

So I’m going to choose Noah as the winner even though I loved them all. His was just really well written and I am so curious to see what was going on in his head as he wrote it

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@calidris

Sure. @k-a-grey should be directing you not me, but they seem to have vanished. xD

This is what you’re supposed to do according to Grey:

So some things for the judge(s)to keep in mind…

Try to guess what the main character’s gender was
    Did the emotion feel authentic or cliched?
    How was the quality of the prose?

The judge(s) can then vote on who wrote the best piece based on the prompt and also provide feedback/critique.

So I suppose you should guess each character’s gender, give your overall thoughts, and then select your favorite (cast your vote essentially).

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@calidris

Oh, and I would recommend you don’t read the other judge’s posts until after you post your judgement/vote. Just a recommendation, this system is kinda whacky. xD I’ll read all y’all’s judgement’s/votes after all of you have posted them.

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@noah-cochran Sorry about that! but yeah, you did a good job explaining, thank you.  Yeah, this system isn’t perfect, but it’s our first prompt battle, so there’s room for improvement.  If any has a better idea, please share😁

@erynne
    Thanks for being a gracious judge.  Don’t worry about hurting my feelings, I appreciate constructive criticism😉  It’s kinda ironic that the emotion seemed a bit cliched though, since I’m a female myself. 😂  But I was wavering between writing from the opposite gender, or my own, since I think I tend to suppress my own emotions

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@noah-cochran @this-is-not-an-alien

Also, if none of the other judges reply by tomorrow night, are you okay with just Erynne and Calidris’ decisions?  Assuming they pick the same person.  If not, maybe the two contestants can do a quick tiebreaker with a new prompt.

Anyway, I thought that the winner could create prompt #2, and then up to five people can join.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@k-a-grey

Sorry about that! but yeah, you did a good job explaining, thank you.  Yeah, this system isn’t perfect, but it’s our first prompt battle, so there’s room for improvement.  If any has a better idea, please share

No problem, and yeah, the system is fine, it’s just kinda difficult to do blind voting when the judges can see each other’s posts. But it’s not a big deal.

Also, if none of the other judges reply by tomorrow night, are you okay with just Erynne and Calidris’ decisions?

Sure, that’s good with me. 🙂

If not, maybe the two contestants can do a quick tiebreaker with a new prompt.

That would probably be fine if we have to (a third judge to tiebreak would be better), but if I’m one of the tied ones, I might just be cranking out some little 200 word thing or something. xD

Erynne
    @erynne

@Noah-Cochran

(I know you haven’t read my judgement yet)

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME YOU’RE ONE OF THE CHOSEN??

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

Thanks for the invite, @Noah-cochran. If you still need a judge, I would do it. I won’t be doing it until Monday, though, if that makes a difference. If you don’t need me just say so. 🙂 There are 3 submissions?

Hier steche ich. Ich kann nicht anders. Gott helfe mir. Amen. ~Martin Luther

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@emily-waldorf  You can still be a judge if you’d like! Yep, three submissions — mine, Noah’s, and Cathy’s.  They’re all on page 2.

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

@noah-cochran

What is this contest about, and how do I judge?

I am broken. I am bleeding .... But I am beautiful.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest