Michael Stanton

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Michael Stanton

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Michael_Stanton
    @michael_stanton

Hello everyone! I’m so excited to finally get on here. I have been involved WAY behind the scenes with Story Embers from it’s inception, but now that my wife and I decided to become supporters, I thought I should make my way over here and get to know you all.

I’m probably one of the old farts of the group. I’m married, have two wonderful children, and work a full time job as a Customer Experience Strategist (which is like a blend of corporate training, internal communications, and change management). So basically, I do a lot of translating of boring corporate speak into actual language, lol! But seriously, I work for a great organization with a great story to tell, and I love being a part of telling that story.

I am working on my first full length story in the form of a fantasy novel, but in the past, I have written and produced a few short films that some people thought were good enough to show in a festival here and there. Ex. Fishers of Men

I am a coffee drinker. I started drinking it because I like the taste of it black (which I think is related to my preference for dark chocolate and tragic endings). But now I’m sadly dependent on the black elixir (a tragic ending in and of itself).

I used to get on forums like this all the time back in the day, but nowadays, you’ll probably see me on here in short, intense bursts, which may or may not be related to the old fart thing mentioned earlier (I’ll let you ruminate on the multiple layers of metaphor in that one, lol!).

I am a bit of a Bible geek and I think the Bible is one of the most sophisticated pieces of literature and is worth studying constantly. Through the power of the Spirit of Christ and the witness of Christ’s birth, life, death, resurrection, and coming return, the story of the Bible has become something I try to mold the story of my life into day by day.

Would love to say hey, so feel free to tag me anywhere and everywhere. I think I’m still looking for a guild as well, so any help there would be awesome.

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

MICHAEL! Hey.

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@michael_stanton Hi!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

NCStokes
    @ncstokes

@michael_stanton I remember you from the KP forums… yikes that feels like a long time ago. What’s the premise of your novel, if you’re good with sharing?

*shameless self promotion* https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Michael_Stanton
    @michael_stanton

Hey everyone!

@ncstokes, need to work on refining the premises but it’s something like:

In an ancient city ruled by the alliance of a cunning Lord and ruthless crime syndicate, the forgotten memories and cryptic dreams of a fisherman’s son are the only clues that both he and a spy from the western empire have to help them unravel an even darker allegiance brewing among a fanatical religious group in the city’s catacombs.

Something like that…

Grace
    @h-jones

Ooooof, I watched Fishers of Men. Agh, such a beautiful open ending. So much left unsaid and touching on a pretty big social issue. I think everyone involved did a fantastic job. 😀

Also, welcome to Story Embers! Coffee is indeed fantastic, but for me, I prefer the kind that is only a fraction coffee, and is honestly mostly dairy and sugar. Tragic endings, however, are a yes.

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Michael_Stanton
      @michael_stanton

@h-jones, based on your coffee preferences it sounds like you might prefer bittersweet endings. #dadjokes

MyClipboardIsMyViolin
      @myclipboardismyviolin

*waves hello*

Hey everyone! @ncstokes, need to work on refining the premises but it’s something like: In an ancient city ruled by the alliance of a cunning Lord and ruthless crime syndicate, the forgotten memories and cryptic dreams of a fisherman’s son are the only clues that both he and a spy from the western empire have to help them unravel an even darker allegiance brewing among a fanatical religious group in the city’s catacombs. Something like that…

Ah, yes! The evil empire! Looks like it is quite multifaceted in this edition. I am looking forward to reading this book.

Clearly the fisher woman saved the universe, obviously. Wait, that was one of my stories. Never mind. 😛

Sarah, Miss S, Sierepica_Fuzzywalker

Michael_Stanton
      @michael_stanton

Ah, yes! The evil empire! Looks like it is quite multifaceted in this edition. I am looking forward to reading this book. Clearly the fisher woman saved the universe, obviously. Wait, that was one of my stories. Never mind. 😛

Yeah. I probably went a little too multifaceted. I’m surprised I was able to get it into a sentence. There is quite a bit of mystery with the fisherman’s past in this book as well.

Michael_Stanton
      @michael_stanton

whoa… that is a large emoji…

MyClipboardIsMyViolin
      @myclipboardismyviolin

whoa… that is a large emoji…

Yeah, you have to backspace out the emojis when you quote them on yonder forum, otherwise it turns into mega-size.

Incidentally, I have never seen a forum like this before – apparently this forum runs on WordPress – it’s a WP plugin that allows it to exist. Weirdness. So I’m not sure how a permanent technical fix could be implemented on the backend. I do know WordPress otherwise, but not a WordPress forum.

I probably went a little too multifaceted.

Nah. I’d rather go for multifaceted than boring. I mean, there is some point where the storytelling complexity gets too much, heh, probably somewhere between the Hobbit and the Simdrillion, but I don’t think we’ve quite gotten to the Simdrillion yet. Two sets of evil bad guys and a fisherman in-between hardly sounds like we’ve driven off the complexity deep end. But that’s just me.

Sarah, Miss S, Sierepica_Fuzzywalker

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest