fb

*melts chair*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *melts chair*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @snapper

Look, it’s a place that’s red.

Red works very nicely with dragons.

So I suppose I should briefly introduce myself, although half of you probably remember me. That chair-melting, wants-to-rule, somewhat-sarcastic and ENFJ dragon. Snapper. To those of you who haven’t met me, there’s that description to sum me up. And perhaps a more formal entitlement below.

I’m Danielle, sci-fi writer. Right now I’m working on a sci-fi trilogy, and am working to send out query letters this summer. I can’t stand tuna fish. I love salmon. And I blog over at https://silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com/.

Fair warning: I will melt your chairs.

Now, about you all. ๐Ÿ˜› Here you can ask me anything. Look forward to interacting with you all again!

gif

*melts chair*

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

Look everyone, itโ€™s the famous @snapper! *bows* Iโ€™d give you my chair to melt but Aberdeen sat on it and broke it. ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜œ Do you melt broken chairs?

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. ๐Ÿฆ–

Rolena Hatfield
    @rolena-hatfield

@snapper There she is! ๐Ÿ˜€ Poor tuna. Come to think of it, poor salmon.

Also, I just about can’t wait to hear more about this sci-fi trilogy thing. ๐Ÿ™‚ Are there sneak peeks on your blog? (I haven’t visited in a while ๐Ÿ™ )

Ben P
    @supermonkey42

@snapper *bows* I am pleased to make your acquaintance once again, O mighty dragon. I beg for your mercy, that you might spare the life of my humble (and quite comfortable) chair. I will forever be in your debt.

(Nice GIF, btw ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think on

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

Ah, the legendary @snapper. Iโ€™m delighted to officially meet you! ๐Ÿ˜€ I admire your chair-melting ability, because sitting too much can cause health problems. I tend to sit on the floor with my iPad while working though, so Iโ€™m afraid you canโ€™t save me from certain death. And Iโ€™d ask that you please not burn a hole in my floor. That might be disastrous.

I was a staff member at KP as well, although I tended to lurk in the shadows. But thatโ€™s because thereโ€™s much to do in the shadows of any great endeavorโ€”like fending off typos (which can cause diseases like miscomprehension). ๐Ÿ˜‰

I look forward to seeing you around! Would you like to share the premise of your sci-fi trilogy, or is it top secret?

Wielder of a Red Pen | TheLiteraryCrusader.

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

Nice to meet you, @snapper! I’m also an ENFJ, kind of, except sometimes I’m an INFJ. And I hate salmon, love tuna fish. Lol!

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

overcomer
    @overcomer

Hi,ย @snapper .ย  I see you’re melting chairs as usual.ย  That’s why I brought a massive ottomanย for all of us to sit on.ย  An ottoman, after all, is not a chair. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@snapper

๐Ÿ˜€ H’lo! Do you mind coming and melting this chair that Stan isย attempting to melt? It’s taking him too long.

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Cindy Green
    @cindy

@snapper When I saw your thread title, I immediately thought, “Oh no she’s here too”ย and then burst out laughing. It just wouldn’t be Story Embers without our Dragon Snapper!

to elevate the soul, poetry is necessary. -eap

Snapper
    @snapper

@mariposa Now, now Aberdeen. We can give you structurally reinforced chairs to sit on, but don’t take Mariposa’s. But yes, I will melt that chair so we can reuse the material and make a new chair.
    ๐Ÿ˜›

@rolena-hatfield
    Tuna can live all they want, as long as I don’t have to eat them. Along with beans. But yes, poor salmon.
    Well, I was going to have sneak peeks, and then I became overly paranoid of having my story in the internet, then I stopped being paranoid and haven’t gotten back to making a WIP page yet. Which is a complicated way of saying, “Thanks, Rolena, for reminding me to make sneak peeks about my novel.” ๐Ÿ˜› Below is the quick premise.

@supermonkey42
    *examines chair* I suppose this one can be left alive for now.

@briannastorm
    And the equally legendary Grammar Nazi, Brainna Storm Hilvety.
    I don’t know, that floor looks quite tempting. Are you sure I can’t melt it? ๐Ÿ˜

Here, *jazz hands* is the elevator pitch for my novel.

Ike, the son of a military architect, must destory the very country he once dreamed of ruling.

Voila. –@rolena-hatfield Behold, the premise of my novel.

@scribbles
    Hi, fellow __NFJ. Always wonderful to meet another __NFJ. ๐Ÿ˜›

@overcomer
    *glances at ottoman*

An ottoman, after all, is not a chair…

Or is it? *smirks*

@sam-kowal
    Here Stan. Huff and puff and blow the chair down. Sam, maybe if Stan can’t melt chairs, he could freeze them? Does he have any ice powers? ๐Ÿ˜‰ *offers Stan a bonfire to melt things with*

@cindy
    Bwahahaha! That’s awesome. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m glad I could be here. ๐Ÿ˜›

*melts chair*

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@snapper So…why chairs, specifically? Why not melt spiders, for instance? I know @mariposa would appreciate spider-melting… ๐Ÿ˜‰ Ooh! Or wasps…please melt all the wasps at my house…

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Snapper
    @snapper

@scribbles Well, chair-melting is something that started in the Kingdom Pen forums, in which we had a thread called the Writer’s Corner, where we would have word-wars. One day, I was completely not-satisfied with the amount of words I wrote, so I melted a chair.

Then I melted some phones.

And I’ve been melting chairs ever since.

๐Ÿ˜›

But of course, I can’t stand spiders so I’ll gladly melt them too. ๐Ÿ˜€

*melts chair*

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@snapper Ahhh, so there’s not a deep, philosophical reason for selecting chairs as your melt-ees of choice, just a history. ๐Ÿ˜›

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@snapper Maybe Aberdeen and you should go into businessโ€”he breaks chairs and you melt them back together! ๐Ÿ˜…

I owe you my deepest gratitude and life-long devotion for melting the spidies. ๐Ÿ•ท *bows* How about flies? Will you melt those too? Or ants, centipedes, bedbugs, cockroaches, or really any kind of insect (except butterflies, oh, please donโ€™t melt them).

Oh, so thatโ€™s how you got started in the melting chair business. *scratches chin*

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. ๐Ÿฆ–

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

Hi, @snapper! Sorry ’bout the late hello.

… Where’s the dragon?… Mmmm…. Okay, well, I suppose it doesn’t matter. ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ™‚ *suddenly feels conspicuous…*

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.