Meet Olivia

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@w-o-holmes

Yeah, well, I do the same thing…both with my own Docs with writing, and other stories that I beta read. AND when I read a book! Argh, it can be frustrating. I can no longer just read a book…my brain goes into overdrive and has to edit the whole thing now. Hmph! So there are some books that are badly edited enough that I literally cannot read them without getting a major headache. XD

My advice to you about the time problem is- ignore it. What else, lol?

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@selah-chelyah I tried to do that with a short story I’m working on and I got pretty far, until I went through it and cleaned it to a point.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@w-o-holmes

Yeah. XD

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@anne_the_noob14: alright, well thanks! I’m probably going to disappear into the black abyss again in that case though XD But if you ever need me you know where to find me *disappears in a plume of smoke… coughs* “hehe, the doors forgot the doors that way…”

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@selah-chelyah you should become an editor. Seriously, I did that with somebody’s book once. Of course it was for free, but…

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@theinconceivable1 Ok! Have fun XD

May the road rise to meet you,
    A smile always greet you,
    May our friendship be always true and strong

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

OK guys! I was gone for a long time…. sorry. XP
    But I’m back! Now I have to catch up with everything that just went on.. lol.

@olivia @kayla-skywriter

I’ve always wanted an older brother to look out for me, because I picture them being nicer than younger brothers. But eh. That’s changed. I feel like the adolescent stage is WAY worse than teenager. I have an older sister and two younger brothers. One brother is almost fourteen, and the other is twelve. They’re starting to grow up a lot more, so thats super fun to watch!! I’ve wanted an older brother my whole life, but now my 13-year-old brother is taller than me, so I guess that counts?? lol XP

@w-o-holmes

Hello again! Thanks for reminding me to get back on here. Wow the similarities are creepy…

Hmm lets see. I was homeschooled, but this week I started at the high school (WEIRD), I’m fifteen, I’m kind of in the middle of the family. Theres four, and I’m the second, so kind of?? I play piano. I’m learning the guitar (I know like two chords but tomorrow at school I’ll learn some more). I write. Fiction. Lol, I like classical AND soundtracks!! (getting SUPER creepy…) I like TobyMac, but he isn’t my favourite.

Wait, I look like your sister? THAT’S weird. *Shudders* And we have the same birthday month? Maybe we are twins, seperated at birth, and I’m actually a year older than I thought? (hahaha)

Books, reading, *lists everything on fingers*, editing. YUP.

And here I thought I was an oddball in the world. There are actually a lot of us, Christian homeschooled writers and Tolkien/Narnia fans.

@everyoneinthistopic

Did you guys know there were this many of us?

@anne_the_noob14

Did you say factoring trinomials? And you enjoy it? Another similarity (not kidding)! Are you in tenth grade, or more like different grades for different subjects? I’m in eleventh grade now, but we did tons of factoring last year.

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@bama-rose You’re a junior?

You can say that again. Downright creepy.

Right now my sister is sixteen and a junior. She plays piano. She’s the second in the family (kids wise). She likes some TobyMac but he isn’t her favourite.

No kidding.

Not at all! I thought I was the sore thumb everywhere. Nobody liked the things I like. Until now, of course.

Your the one who likes lions, right?

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@w-o-holmes

Ok, I’m not good with this stuff. What’s a junior?

Yep, I’m the one who likes lions!

You said you go to a charter school. What is that? Like a private school?

Yeah, everyone gives me the weird look for being homeschooled. Some people actually believe I dont have friends!! So I always feel so awkward and weird.

But that’s ok. We arent meant to fit into the world, anyways. ๐Ÿ™‚

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@bama-rose Oh, it’s an eleventh grader.

I’m a freshman. Ninth grade. Savvy?

A charter school is where you can pick your own curriculum and other things. I don’t go to school every day, just three days a week. Stuff like that. It’s like a public school without the public school. I’ve never even been to a public school and from what I’ve heard, I don’t want to. Yeah, it’s kinda like a private school.

True, I know what you mean. The people at the little league (which I can’t do anymore [baseball]) always assume that I’m passing through school like a bird in the air. Like, “Oh, how much school do you have. You can probably get away with not doing it right?” NO! I gotta do school. Yeah, we don’t fit in. We live to glorify Christ and they see Him in us and they really don’t like it. Just recently, my English teacher said that bad words aren’t really bad but are to be used in the right circumstances. I confronted him in front of the class and I got people saying I’ve got to conform to the common culture, and I can’t say that in front of everybody and stuff like that. Some people did agree, though, so that was good.

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@w-o-holmes

That charter school sounds pretty sweet. ๐Ÿ™‚

I know!! So many people have said that to me! I dont know WHERE that stereotype comes from.

Whoa, your teacher actually said that? Its rough when they teach stuff like that.

In my biology, I know we’re going to be covering evolution. I’m pretty sure my teacher is open-minded, but I’m praying I’ll have wisdom and strength to know when and how to object to certain things. I’m curious to see how it goes.

Its always so encouraging to talk to you guys on Story Embers, because I know I’m not alone — not the only one who feels alone. And in a way that’s very comforting. We can all stick together, eh? ๐Ÿ˜œ

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Alabama Rose.

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@bama-rose Yeah! Maybe it’s just their natural response.

Yeah, and with God’s help, I got through it. But people will be people and that’s not right and it’s got to be confronted and be up for debate. I mentioned a few definitions from a dictionary and also some verses talking about things like this and how they’re wrong. My parents really helped me through it and just today, they went and met with some of my teachers, including him. They recommended that I read this three-book series called The Christian in Complete Armour. He never responded back to what I said.

Ouch. That’s gonna be hard. Well, God will help you through that, too. Yes! Please keep us updated! Though, that actually might be next year, soo…

Yes, small though it may seem, SE is the epitome of greatness. It is a sanctuary and public gathering place for those of the like-minded. (I’ll try not to go off into a speech here).

Just like glue!

Do you take notes during church? Because I do and I’m always scrambling to get down what the pastor said, but I always end up missing key words or things like that. So this last Sunday I, being a poet -unpublished as of yet- picked up something that he said that sounded good for poetry. So then I began writing my notes as if I were writing a poem. Now, of course, it didn’t turn out beautiful, but I got the gist of what he was saying in those lines and I got more written down. I’ve always had trouble for some reason writing poetry about God or about something from the Bible. I can’t just sit down like I do with other poetry and write it out which is really frustrating because I really want to do that. I mean, maybe it’s because I have to think about what I’m writing, I don’t know. But, anyway, with this, I can get what (his name, or rather what we call him, is Pastor Anton)’s showing and simply present it. It’s working pretty well so far.

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@bama-rose @w-o-holmes

Hey, can I stick with this always-thought-I-was-alone-but-actually-wasn’t group.

I’m really used to being the odd one out, even in my own family. Cause you thinks it’s hard being a christian and a homeschooler? Try being aย  pastor’s kid. The alienation and judgement gets taken to a whole new level. No, I’m not trying to one up you. I was just feeling a bit alone, and even if you don’t know exactly what I’m feeling you have a better idea than most.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@bama-rose *nods* Different grades for each subject. In math, probably tenth or eleventh-ish. Language arts and other stuff, no idea. If I was public-schooled, I’d be a… sophomore. I think. Yeah cause we calculated it and ended up saying I’d graduate a year early. So at 17.

May the road rise to meet you,
    A smile always greet you,
    May our friendship be always true and strong

Olivia Lyndaker
    @olivia

@kayla-skywriter

I know exactly how you feel! I’m not a preacher’s daughter, exactly, but I am a missionary’s daughter, and I’m guessing that’s pretty much the same, since he is a preacher too, but I think of him as more of a missionary, instead of a preacher.

My family and I lived on a Reservation for about ten and a half years, and man, we were different. We were the only white people who lived there year round. I still loved it, and I’m really glad I got to experience it growing up, but I’m sorta glad we moved when we did. There weren’t a lot of christian kids my age, so I never really had any close, close friends, but when we moved, I had Bama!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ย ๐Ÿ˜›

I do remember that I loved saying I was an MPK (Missionary, Preacher’s Kid), and when my family went for counselling two years ago, it was sooooo cool because most of the other families there were missionaries too! ๐Ÿ™‚

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
      -JRR Tolkien

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest