fb

Meet Olivia

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@olivia

Yeah, I didn’t want to start playing harmonica after reading it, but I did start practicing piano and guitar more.

You’re fourteen and homeschooled too? So am I. I don’t have any brothers, but I do have three sisters. My older sister is seventeen and then my younger sisters are twelve and eight. I turn fifteen in November like Snack Thief.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

@kayla-skywriter

Yes, I am indeed 14 and homeschooled. I love it! Always have, always will. Well, that isn’t entirely true, but I don’t ever remember a time that I wished I was public schooled instead. It’s just so fun being different from most of the world! 😛

I honestly can’t imagine having three sisters. I guess it would make a big difference that only one it older, but still. What’s it like? Do you ever wish you had a brother? I like how we have both in our family, and I think I wan’t to have five kids as well when I’m married, but I’m guessing that a lot of people think that since they’re used to that number. 🙂

That is one thing I love. Looking up names in my baby name book so I can find good names that match the characters in my stories, and also looking for names that I like for my future kids, I’f I ever have any. 😉

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

Well, hey! @kayla-skywriter and @olivia – Guess what, another one for the 14, birthday in December (optional), homeschooled club. As you can imagine, I’m 14 and am – well was [not exactly sure]- homeschooled. Now I go to a charter school. I am one of five. Two brothers and two sisters. I’m in the middle. So it’s like bgBgb. Aaaaannnnnd I play piano. Annnnd guitar. Aaaaaaannnnnnddd I write. (Any more similarities?)(This is gettin’ creepy) How about this: I write poetry and fiction – fantasy. Or how about I know another girl named Olivia? Or I used to have a bunch of dogs and now have two cats and a bunch of chickens -@anne_the_noob14

I like Tolkien? I like music including classical and soundtrack along with various artists, foremost being TobyMac? I do the dishes? @bama-rose looks like my sister? Now that IS weird; @bama-rose turns sixteen in February: the same month as my sister who’s currently sixteen. (btw, I’m looking over the previous posts and taking from them…I’m not some sort of telepathic-radio-creeper.)

I have a thing with editing? -@selah-chelyah

My sister does piano? I really like books and reading? @anne_the_noob14 and I are kinda the same because we’re both rushing off to do things?

Anyway, good meeting you!

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

Oh, and, @olivia, for some reason it says you posted your latest thing on September 2, 2019 at 10:o2 PM while my clock I’m looking at says 9:38. Don’t ask me. It says I posted my last one at 12:34 AM tomorrow morning. That’s just plain weird.

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@olivia

I love being homeschooled too. And I can’t imagine going to public school. Well, that’s not true. I’ve often thought about what would happen if I did, but I’ve never wanted to.

Having three sisters is interesting. I don’t know how to describe it. I’ve often thought about what it would be like to have a brother, and I’m not sure if I want one or not. It would change our family dynamic drastically if I had a brother. Also, I’ve never met a boy I would want to be my brother. I think if I were to have a brother I’d want him to be older than me. But, I’m never going to get one, so I’ll be content with my best friend, he’d be happy to trade me for his sister.

Why do you like being in a family with five kids? I think four is great because we can be paired up and divided so many different ways. My older sister and I share a room and are most often paired because we are most likely to get along. My two younger sisters are unique. I get along fine with my twelve year old sister, but we couldn’t be more different. As for my younger sister, my older sister jokes that we don’t need a little brother because we have her. She’s loud, the only extrovert in our family, can’t sit still, and is just very different from the rest of us.

@w-o-holmes

Cool name. These are some crazy similarities. I met a bunch of other fourteen year olds on the would your character rather thread. You should go look for it, it’s crazy.

Hey, you wash the dishes too.

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@w-o-holmes Aiii welcome to the club! xD You know, one of the things I really love about this site (other than the obvious) is you get to meet people – real people – who have so many things in common with you. And even the people who are older than you you can still chat happily with and all. This site brings together so many people with many of the same hobbies, passions, etc., and it’s just so beautiful.

Btw @theinconceivable1 (please tell me I spelled your tag right) are you still around?

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@kayla-skywriter you bet and I shall.

@anne_the_noob14
    – Yes, I get what you mean, it’s great isn’t it?!

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@w-o-holmes It really is!

So I’m curious… Why Holmes? (I read in the “Caffine, cat mugs, and how TTF ruined me” forum thread just now about the w and o)

I will be back later and check on everybody, after messing with American Literature, Greek and Latin roots, and factoring trinomials into products of binomials (which I actually enjoy??)

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@anne_the_noob14: hehe, if you call not postin on SE for over 3 months still around XD But yeah, I’m “only mostly dead” ; D What you want to know?

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@anne_the_noob14 I chose Holmes because of how it sounded in comparison with my personality. I may go by William Holmes or W.O.Holmes but probably not Oliver Holmes (probably). American Literature and Greek and Latin roots? Interesting, very. How about the system of Teltharic dealing with how the sounds, position around the clarox, what the clarox is, place in the Map of Relations, stress, and other things have to do with the meaning of the word to further the meaning of the sentence through jdo[sound not representable]s, that furthers the meaning of the strens, what those are, which furthers the meaning of the whole manuscript? That’s what I’m dealing with. Shazam looking at his suit for the first time, “It’s crazy, right?”

I’ve really been putting off the construction of this language, but I’m gonna begin anew tonight!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Leon Fleming.

@w-o-holmes

Ya, we have quite a few similarities, and I also know quite a few other Olivia’s. But I do know that Olivia was a super used name from about 2004 and on for like ten years. Which explains why there are so many Olivia’s in the world. 🙂  And I did notice that it said I had written the last comment at a weird time.

By the way, what is your forum signature about? I take it that you or someone else made it up?

@kayla-skywriter

The reason I like having five kids in the family is because I’m so used to it, and I think it’s like the perfect number. But that might be because I have friends who have six kids and their a little crazy. My dad grew up with four kids in the family, but to me five is the perfect amount. And I think that if you did have brothers you would love it. Or at least, I know I would mis not having any. I do agree that it’s probably better to have older ones, though, so they don’t always bug you. But for all I know, I probably was just as buggy when I was younger, since I am the youngest. I am sorta glad I was the youngest in the family. Mostly just because I’m used to it. 😉  I’ll never have to deal with bugging younger siblings, unless something crazy happens, which I of course doubt.

@anne_the_noob14

I totally agree with you even though I haven’t been on here long. It is really cool how you get to meet people that you normally never would.

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@w-o-holmes

Lol, are you trying to get me to confirm that you are a natural editor or something? XD!

I know what you’re saying about the times…it’s always been wacky like that.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@olivia Cool, I didn’t know that.

Yeah, my signature is in a language of mine called Lathraen (an extinct language, at that) and it is part of my world now called Uredan, or great blackness. That is a quote from an elve called Uondon – obviously – and it means this: The winds of all who wander this world are conflicted.

@selah-chelyah
    Yes, well, maybe not perfection or anything, but definitely itchy when my document starts getting POISONED!!! with mistakes. Let’s just say that I can’t stand it.

Seriously. Right now apparently you posted your latest thing at 10:43 PM and my clock says 9:08 PM.

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@olivia

Yeah, I guess whenever I’ve thought about having my own family I always see myself with at least three kids, usually four. I guess you just get used to the number you live with.

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@theinconceivable1 Lol! Well, “I’ve seen worse.” 😛 I didn’t really need anything, just remembered I hadn’t seen you around in a while and so I was just checking in. 🙂

@w-o-holmes
    *nods*

Ok wait you’ve been making your own languages?? That is literally so cool. As I was reading Lord of The Rings not too long ago, I was marveling at the languages Tolkien created, and how… idk.. realistic they were.

(are you needing any beta readers for anything?? 😀 😀 )

@olivia
    My laptop does the same thing. And like it’ll say that so-and-so mentioned me 24 hrs, 5 minutes ago, when it was really only 20 seconds ago. Idk. I’ve learned to just live with it 😛

*nods* That’s how I felt when I had just joined. It helped that I have a friend who’s also on SE who I could kinda go to and be like “uhh… help?” if I needed to, but I really settled in well.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest