fb

MBTI stuffs

Forums Fiction Characters MBTI stuffs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Erynne
    @erynne

There was a thread like this forever ago, and I wanted to revive it, however it seems to have been abducted by aliens from another universe, so I have to start a new one.

So, if you MBTI nerds wouldn’t mind coming and give me some random facts about personality types that would be fantastic.

And if the rest of you (like myself) who only know their own personality type because no matter how hard you try you can’t keep all 16 straight, would mind telling me your type and a little bit about your personality and other thingies such as:

friend status

sense of humor

saneness

how emotional you are

and just whatever you can think of

I’ll tag people if this doesn’t get a response in the next twenty seconds so there’s your warning 🙂

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne I know of all this stuff, but I really never got into it. I did the quiz but forgot what I am, and forgot all the stuff about it XD

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker well there you go XD

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Erynne
    @erynne

twenty seconds have past so here i is tagging y’all *evil grin*

@rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

@mamaauthoress

@joelle-stone

@obrian-of-the-surface-world

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Erynne.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Erynne. Reason: I totally typed "0brain" instead of "obrian" 😂😂 sorry brian!

Grace Benham
    @gbfruitbat

Hiii

So, I’m an ISTJ.  I’m not exactly sure which parts of my personality are characteristic of that type and which are just me specifically, but I’ll try to be helpful XD

Friend status

• I don’t have a best friend outside of my family because I’m super shy and, at least back in elementary/middle school, by the time I bothered to make friends, everyone was already taken.
    • I do have a lot of good friends now though, most of which I keep up with through text (etc.) since I’m basically homeschooled.
    • I like people who make me forget I’m shy, are easy to talk to, make me laugh, etc.
    • I wish I could talk about deeper stuff with people

Sense of humor

• I have a huge appreciation for sarcasm and dry humor
    • Sometimes I feel like I’m not funny, but mostly it’s just because it happens at random times and I can’t be funny “on command” like some people.
    • My sense of humor hides when I’m not completely comfortable with the people I’m with XD

Saneness

• I think ISTJs in general are very sane
    • My family always says I’m very level-headed
    • I’m also the most responsible and self-controlled child in my family usually

Emotionalness

• I get emotional over books and movies and generally emotional/sad stuff
    • But I’m also not a wildly warm and fuzzy person

I’ll tell you if I think of anything else that might be helpful. 🙂

This is perhaps the greatest risk any of us will ever take: to be seen as we truly are.

Erynne
    @erynne

@gbfruitbat

Hi Grace!! That was incredibly helpful. Like super duper absolutely amazingly helpful and I appreciate it very much. THANK YOUUU

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

*enters chat in INFP-T*

Hello.

I’m an emotional train wreck. *beams*

Did you know that INFPs need about a full hour to fully awake?

I am broken. I am bleeding .... But I am beautiful.

Erynne
    @erynne

@mamaauthoress

OH OH I HAVE ONE OF THOSE IN MY STORY!!

Please keep talking *huge grin*

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Cool idea!! I’m not in any way an MBTI expert, and I don’t even know very much about my own type (ENFP) other than we supposedly have social skills. *doubtful look* BUT I’ll definitely be sticking around, as this interests me. Thx for the tag!

"For love is strong as death." -God

Erynne
    @erynne

@Joelle-stone

Heyyy haven’t seen you around in a while!

No wonder we get along so well, I’m ENFP too. Yes, we have excellent social skills😉

I think….

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@erynne Ooh! nerdy MBTI stuff! I wasn’t tagged but I hope you don’t mind my joining in. 😁

I’m an INFJ,although sometimes I type as INTJ.  The reason being that my thinking/feeling preference is split almost perfectly in half, with only a slight tendency toward feeling. Usually.  Depends on how I’m feeling when I take tests.  Of which I have taken many.😂

friend status: I am usually “adopted” by extrovert friends. 😂  I attend a bible college and I was voted “most introverted” in the yearbook. Although some people said that that title should have gone to someone else, but they were so introverted that no one knew who they were, so yeah. xD Someone said that I should have been named the most popular introvert.  Which is more flattering, I guess. xD I was very shy first semester, but gradually I came to actually enjoy hanging out with more people as time went on. I have a best friend in college, and a really close childhood friend from my church, but I don’t really have a ton of friends outside of college. (I was homeschooled too!) I’m also really close to my sister.

sense of humor:  My humor is often self-deprecating.  Somewhat sarcastic.  And a lot of people don’t really get it, but that’s okay! 😂 My sister and I really get each other, and we have a lot of inside jokes, and 90% of our conversations are references to things that other people would never get, and it’s really fun and awesome.  She’s also the only person that I can genuinely act completely wacky and goofy with, and have no reservations about it. Everyone else only gets glimpses of my humor with one-liners muttered very quietly, which make some people crack up and other people look at me confusedly. xD

saneness: Oh, I appear very sane.  But on the inside….  😏

<i>how emotional you are: </i>I was very sensitive as kid.  Say something even slightly hurtful I would burst into tears. But lately I’ve found myself suppressing my emotions a lot more.  I don’t know if that’s more characteristic of an INFJ or an INTJ, but sometimes I ignore my own feelings to the point that it’s probably unhealthy.

Also, some other things…I’d never admit it in person, but I’m a hopeless romantic.  I’m a realist in terms of daily life, but in my head I’m full of dreams which the realist side of me says will just get crushed.  I’m basically a walking paradox.  I like to say my room and desk is “organized chaos.”  It looks like chaos, but it’s organized in my head, trust me! I know exactly where everything is, it just “looks” messy.  To you.  Half the time I’m not aware of my surroundings anyway.

Um, yeah, so I hope my ramblings were halfway interesting. xD I find personality types fascinating, so I’m gonna follow this thread. In the meantime, if you have any more questions, ask away!

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

Also, I love how @gbfruitbat and I (the J types) gave these detailed answers, and the P types were just like, “I don’t know much about my type but this looks interesting, so yeah.”  xD

(Oh, one other thing about my type.  I have spent nearly five minutes deciding whether to post this or not because I don’t want to offend P types, and if I did, I am so sorry, I just thought it was an interesting observation, and my mind is telling me to backspace and delete all this, but I’ve already typed this out, so I’m sorry if I said something I shouldn’t have or anything and so yeah, Imma go hide now).

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@k-a-grey

Oh, one other thing about my type.  I have spent nearly five minutes deciding whether to post this or not because I don’t want to offend P types, and if I did, I am so sorry, I just thought it was an interesting observation, and my mind is telling me to backspace and delete all this, but I’ve already typed this out, so I’m sorry if I said something I shouldn’t have or anything and so yeah, Imma go hide now).

An entire mood XD Basically my internal monologue at any given time XD

Another INFJ here to report!

friend status

Many acquaintences, few friends. People seem to generally like talking to me but I often can’t connect with them on a deeper level so it stays a surface-level friendship. When I was younger I used to desperately try to force friendships to deepen because I was lonely but I think I’m growing past that as I’ve actually found deeper friendships.

I can turn on the extraversion at will to the point where people think I’m an extrovert because I can be very outgoing and talkative once I feel comfortable, but I have a social battery that runs out quickly and then it’s just done and I want to hide somewhere by myself.

When I feel uncomfortable, I get icy, shy, and standoffish, to the point of appearing arrogant.

If I like someone, I’ll mirror however they’re acting unconciously, so being with extroverts is thrilling but exhausting and being with other introverts isn’t as exciting but more relaxing.

sense of humor

Who even knows? Lots of sarcasm, I tend to have a very dark sense of humor, but I usually don’t say those things out loud. It depends on how comfortable I am with that person. I’ll often copy their sense of humor.

My sense of humor tends to vary a lot and I’m very easily amused.

saneness

I’m the mom friend, probably one of the most responsible people in any given friend group, and will often appear serious to the point of being overly formal and stuck up.

On the other hand I have an extremely weird sense of humor and will often say things that makes everyone else pause like “I knew you were weird but I didn’t know it was that bad”. I appear very sane and reasonable until you get to know me and it gets worse from there.

how emotional you are

Oof. Very. It depends on a lot of factors. If I’m overall doing well and feel like I’m handling things I’m pretty calm and level-headed but as soon as it feels like things start spinning out of control I get extremely emotional very easily.

I cry very, very easily and about things that other people don’t even think about. I literally cried about the term “loved one” the other day because… it’s so gentle? It includes everyone, not specifically family or friends, but just everyone you love. It creates a group of people that you have complete control over, someone is a loved one as soon as you decide they are. I’m getting emotional about it again.

Welcome to my mind, I get emotional over words.

I like to say my room and desk is “organized chaos.”  It looks like chaos, but it’s organized in my head, trust me! I know exactly where everything is, it just “looks” messy.  To you.  Half the time I’m not aware of my surroundings anyway.

Completely second that.

Another interesting thing is that I tend to switch personality types when I’m under a lot of stress or feeling bad in general. I become far less organized and everything seems out of control, I struggle to prioritize and organize (something I’m generally good at), I become very emotional, and I tend to become much more introverted and self-isolate because talking to people is exhausting and overwhelming and often doesn’t pay off. However, that makes me feel worse so that’s a vicious cycle.

Umm, I can basically smell lies, I’m extremely good at catching subtext, I overanalyze everything, I have an overactive imagination, I struggle with anyone being impulsive, I’m very hard on myself and tend to hold myself and the world to ridiculously high standards and end up disappointed.

I hate going into any situation without enough information. Whenever I have to start something new or go somewhere new I will literally spend two or three days reading up on it so I feel prepared.

In conclusion, I’m a walking contradiction, good luck trying to understand me, I don’t even understand me 🙂

Look forward to hearing from everyone else!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

@Erynne

Cool! 😀

I also overreact for everything, but I don’t outwardly show it in case it hurts somebody.

I’m also allergic to hurting people. If I hurt someone, it hurts me 10x.

I call it the Rebound Effect. 😀

Also, I can’t remember a single thing at the moment, so here’s the page for INFP: https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

🙂

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

(Oh, one other thing about my type.  I have spent nearly five minutes deciding whether to post this or not because I don’t want to offend P types, and if I did, I am so sorry, I just thought it was an interesting observation, and my mind is telling me to backspace and delete all this, but I’ve already typed this out, so I’m sorry if I said something I shouldn’t have or anything and so yeah, Imma go hide now).

Do not apologize for something that is true and well-known about us Ps. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest