fb

MBTI Roll Call!!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions MBTI Roll Call!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kate, oh, I have a bad habit of not writing my best pros and stuff when I’m talking to people online… probably because I try to write the stuff as soon as I can. I noticed I could have left out the extra ‘also,’ but I don’t think anyone really cares… whatever.

Random Stranger: "What do you want to do when you grow up?"
    Me: "Write every inch of your future."

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

@brooka3 HELLO FELLOW INTP!!! Yes thank you for agreeing with me on the procrastinating thing haha. I’m usually good about calculating exactly how much time it’ll take me to do something, but sometimes… I’m wrong. totally wrong.

And science–ugh. Ew. No. Get that muck away from me.

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Cassandra Hamm
    @cassandraia

@sleepwalkingmk IT’S YOU 😀 *squeals and attack hugs* I recognized your pom poms. 😉 also, we’re both ENFPs! Wooooo! 😀

I crush readers' souls like grapes.

@Andrew great to finally bump into you here. 😉 We need more Sensing writers. Even if Sensors aren’t rare in the general population, they’re certainly underrepresented in writer circles. *high fives*

INFP-A. If you can't be brilliant, odd will do.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kate, okay, thanks. Here’s a couple other sensing writers that I know of: @wordsmith and @writerkatherine.

When I write, (party because I’m an ISFP – just partly) I write the really crazy stuff. I like doing mixed genres, really crazy genres (for example, I might write a really crazy story and stuff all the imagination I have into that story) and then even when I don’t write so crazy a story, they still seem a lot different than other stories. Even the characters are crazy. Well, some of them. But I do my best to make them creative and unique. It’s impossible for me to make a cliché character.

And even though I don’t kill off as much characters as I used too, I still find it hard to get through writing a book without at least killing one of them. I know that sounds horrible, but that makes the story more exciting.

I have this big MBTI chart for twenty-six characters in this story which I plan to write, and its going to be fun.

The main character an ISTP, and the secondary character is an ESFP. If you just change the T to an F in ISTP, it will become an ISFP… and if you change the E to an I in ESFP, it will become an ISFP too.

Thought that was sort of funny.

@Andrew ahhh, a writer after my own heart. XD I’m probably not nearly as crazy as you are when it comes down to it (at least, not in the same way— I tend to get weird crazy, and there’s a difference between weird and whacky) but I do enjoy writing (and reading) stories that break the rules.

And even though I don’t kill off as much characters as I used too, I still find it hard to get through writing a book without at least killing one of them. I know that sounds horrible, but that makes the story more exciting.

*grins* Hey, not arguing there. You’re totally right. If everybody’s safe, why would you worry about them? And why would you read a story where there was nothing to worry about? 😛

Something I’ve noticed about the difference between the work of Sensing writers and the work of iNtuitives is that generally speaking Sensors tend to write more action focused stories, while iNtuitives can tend to wax a little more mental/emotional/philosophical. What do you think?

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kate, haha. I always break rules in my stories.

As much as I enjoy action in my stories, I can also make my characters a little dramatic if I want to (depending on the character, duh.) And I also enjoy colorful environments… they’re fun to create.

I have this one character, I was sort of making of fun of him how he was the ‘old wise man,’ but I didn’t want to make him cliché, so I gave him the fact that he likes strawberry jam. Then later on, I decided I wanted him to be a spy, and not just that, a spy from the stars.

@Andrew I love it!

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kate, thanks. 🙂

SleepwalkingMK
    @sleepwalkingmk

@cassandraia *braces self for hug but falls over anyway* Whoop whoop!

ENFP, hobbit, MK. May wave pom poms, fangirl, and evaporate into a cloud while reading.

Brooka
    @brooka3

@elizabeth Yeah, procrastination is a real problem for me sometimes lol.

And yeah ikr! I can’t stand science and math…

infp-t // enneagram type 4w3
    of the Meraki guild (aka the best)

Libby
    @libby

Hi,
    Sorry I’m late, but I just took the test for the first time today – everyone’s been telling me I need to take it.  Apparently I am an INFP-t?  Whatever that means.  I took the 16 personality type test, and it told me I was a mediator with the above letters in parentheses.

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

@Libby *grins bigly* You are a very distinguished type. *high fives* Basically, we’re the dreamers. The overdramatic ones. The ‘feel all the feelings’ ones. Some INFPs in literature include Frodo Baggins, Arwen Evenstar, Anne Shirley, Marianne Dashwood (from Austen’s Sense and Sensibility), Linus from Peanuts, Lucie Manette from A Tale of Two Cities, Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and Marius Pontmercy from Les Miserables. Here’s hoping you’ve heard of some of those at least. XD

NCStokes
    @ncstokes

So I took the test (again. I’m constantly taking it for my characters. 😛 ) and it would appear that I’m an INTJ. I thought I was a INFJ, but, hey, INTJ’s are pretty neat, too. Although I’m not quite convinced that I’m one specifically, so @kate, do you know any INTJ’s in literature? The only one I know is Gandalf.

*shameless self promotion* https://weridasusual.home.blog/

@NCstokes congratulations. INTJs are awesome. 😀 They’re unfortunately rare in literature… let me see. Enjolras from Les Miserables. Dalinar Kholin from The Stormlight Archive. Gandalf, yep. Uhhh… *rubs head* I have several, but you wouldn’t know them. XD As I said; rather rare.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest