fb

Making Books of Poems

Forums Poetry Poetry Discussions Making Books of Poems

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sir Leeds
    @sir-leeds

Hi everyone,

I’m an aspiring amateur poet and I have a few ideas for poetry chapbooks, but their completion is still a few years down the road.

I’d love to hear from all my poet friends here about your experiences getting poems published. If you’ve published a chapbook or book of poetry, what was the process like? What are your future plans for your poetry? If you have an idea for a poetry book, what’s the book’s theme?

I’ve never made any books, but I have a few ideas: one about experiences from college in the fall, another about experiences from college in the spring, and possibly two other smaller ones about summer and winter breaks. My latest idea for a book of poems is kind of a hybrid. I’d like to do a book of narrative poems in various styles from the point of view of various historical figures, short biographies of the historical figures, and sketches (done by an illustrator, not me) of the historical figures.

"We are far too easily pleased." - C. S. Lewis

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@sir-leeds I’ve never published a collection of poetry but I really want to. The topic would be pretty broad but something like: Life, as that is what most of my poetry is about. Your ideas though sounds very interesting! As to my future plans for my poetry, I really want to play around with different meters.

@sir-leeds

I have been interested in publishing, but I think that will be in a few years. I have a total of about 35 completed poems, but they don’t all fit a theme, etc. However, I want to make a book of poetry at some point soon. Your themes sound really interesting! I’ll look through mine to see if I have any trends. 😉

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂 https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Poetry Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest