fb

Looking for a Tech

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Looking for a Tech

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

So…. my sister @ashira and I are writing a dystopian novel together. We are both primarily his-fic writers, and our dystopian has realistically advanced technology that we have a feel for, but know nothing of the details. We are going to need a lot of specific details in order to write many of the scenes we have in mind, as well as technical systems that we are clueless of but the plot revolves around. We have a solid plotline in place that we are looking forward to writing, but cannot move forward without knowing a lot of technical details first!

We are thus looking for someone who is… a tech-brain and also has a lot of creativity as far as how technology could develop in the future. (And can work with our plot as well as add to it with the technical details and systems!) Would probably end up being a co-author due to the amount of knowledge, time, and work involved.

To be upfront… 1) We cannot pay you… you would earn a percentage of whatever the book brings. 2) You must be the right person, so if you are offended easily don`t even try! πŸ˜€

This book is <em>not</em> your typical dystopian, and we are not interested in changing the plotline! πŸ™‚ So if you do not like it, you do not have to (and won`t end up!) continuing.

If you are or know someone who might fill this role or be interested, please shoot us an email (both of us!) at needleworksbyselah@gmail.comΒ  andΒ  imexinart@gmail.com

~Two desperate his-fic writers who are out of their element and just wrote the most awkward post ever

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

So you all know she didn’t put words in my mouth (sisters do that sometimes) I was helping her write it the whole time.Β  πŸ˜€

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@selah-chelyahΒ  @ashira

Wow! This sounds like a really fun and interesting idea… Would the person to fill this role be a fellow writer, or more of an adviser?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Buddy J..
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Buddy J..

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@wordsmithΒ  Mmm, more of an adviser. But a very creative and flexible one!

~ Created to create ~

Hedges
    @h-jones

This does sound like a really cool idea! I’m not entirely sure if I would have time to help though, or even if I’d be the right person to do so. If I ever come across anyone who would like to assist, I’ll definitely let you know. πŸ™‚

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@selah-chelyah

Hmm!… I was hoping you would say that.

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@h-jonesΒ  Awesome!Β  Thank you!

@wordsmith
    Β  Really… *hopeful grin* πŸ˜›

*@ashira reads over my shoulder the entire time and tells me what to write*

~ Created to create ~

Hedges
    @h-jones

^ that is absolutely hilarious and totally what my siblings and I do xDD Hi Ashira!

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@h-jonesΒ  Hi!Β  *I wave*Β  *ashira waves*

~ Created to create ~

Catwing
    @catwing

@selah-chelyah @h-jones Yes! I remember when my brother would bug me to ask people stuff on Kingdom Pen. He kept wanting me to ask @snapper if she could post HTTYD gifs. It was before I got permission to look them up myself. πŸ˜›
    Fortunately he doesn’t do it as much anymore… (key words: as much) XD

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@catwingΒ  Haha! Glad you do not have such a persistent brother over your shoulder anymore…. although it sounds like he had good taste! πŸ˜›

~ Created to create ~

Catwing
    @catwing

@selah-chelyah Yeah. *excited for HTTYD 3* NIGHT FURYS!!!!! LIGHT FURYS!!!!! CRYING!!!! BABY FURYS!!! EVERYTHING!!!!
    *looks up to see what this thread was actually about* I don’t think I’m really a tech-brain person (Though I sometimes get ideas for things). My brother is more that type of person (And tell him why it wouldn’t work or how it could be better. But it’s mostly robots and spy tech. πŸ˜› ). Also I’m busy right now… Hope you find someone. πŸ™‚

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@catwingΒ  Well… for some reason I am not even sure what you are talking about…. What are the initials for? And the excitement? πŸ˜› Yeah, so………

And I think we may have found someone, too. Thx! *waves*

~ Created to create ~

Catwing
    @catwing

@selah-chelyah Sorry. It stands for How To Train Your Dragon. Which is basically about this adorable night fury (sometimes angry, mostly happy, always cute)…
    toothless

Who befriends this viking…
    hicuup

And they do this…
    flying

That’s good to hear. πŸ™‚

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@catwingΒ  Wow, that is interesting. I am sure I will remember! πŸ˜›

~ Created to create ~

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest