Login Issues

Forums General Site Info Guidelines & FAQ Login Issues

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ariella Newheart 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

Er, so, I don’t really know where to put this since we don’t technically have a “bug report” forum(plus idk if this is even a bug rlly), but I figured this would be the best place to stick it. Anyhow, has anyone else been having trouble logging into SE lately? I had to change my password because I forgot it and logged out, then that password wouldn’t work so I changed it again and it still wouldn’t work, on and on. I’ve literally changed my password about 5-6 times in the past week or two because I keep having trouble logging in. (Also, I tend to use a similar version of the same password for everything, so it’s not like I’m completely forgetting the password. And when I do forget it and go to change the password, the verification link to change it works, but then it won’t let me log in with the new password….)

I don’t really know how you’d fix this, but maybe take a look at it? (Or maybe it’s just me being dumb. Either way, it’s really frustrating to try login and change my password and then that even won’t work all the time.)

Veritas Nunquam Perit. (The truth never dies.)

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

Realized I didn’t tag anyone. @josiah (I think you’re the one who does this stuff? Sorry if you’re not lol) @….whoever else deals with this stuff? XD

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

@sarah-inkdragon

I have no clue either, but I’ll tag some more people. ๐Ÿ™‚

@daeus-lambย  @jane-mareeย  @morreafirebird

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Selah.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@sarah-inkdragon Hmm…Have you ever reset your password, gone to the email login page thing (so technical, wow xD), then tried to log in with yourย old password?

That’s worked for me on some sites, though I’m frankly not sure why.

Writing Heroes โ™ฆ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@selah

Thanks!

@jane-maree

No, but I might have to try that next time! XD

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

@sarah-inkdragon For some reason I didn’t get an email notification for this when you first tagged me. Sorry for not responding here much earlier! Is this still an issue?

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

I changed and saved my password, so it hasn’t been an issue for me yet. But I’ll let you know if it happens again!

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@daeus-lambย  @jane-maree @josiah @sarah-inkdragon

A friend of mine has a similar problem. She hasn’t been able to log onto the forums because of a password glitch. This is what she told me:

My username is Emberlin_authoress. The first several days, I was able to access the forums. The the cookies expired and I had to put the password in again. Only this time it didn’t work. I tried changing the password and putting in the new one. Nothing. I reached out to them by Email about it. They replied a few days later asking what password I was attempting to access the forums with. Instead of replying right away (like I should have ) I replied a few days later with the pass code. I haven’t heard back from them since.

Fantasy writer, illustrator, citizen of Parimi Alca

*disappears into the shadows*

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@ariella-newheart Aw man, I have no idea why she’s having those problems. All I can suggest is resetting the password and trying the old one, just in case that trick happens to work again. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@jane-maree She says that she doesn’t remember her old password. ๐Ÿ™ Maybe one of the SE staff could manually fix her account?

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@ariella-newheart Oh no! I wish I had access to that, so I could help. ๐Ÿ’•

@daeus-lamb can you lend a hand?

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@daeus-lamb This still hasn’t been resolved. Should my friend send another email?

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@ariella-newheart Ooops! Somehow this slipped by my attention. I’ve reached out to her so hopefully we’ll get this fixed soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ˜€
    ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘
    ๐Ÿ‘– ๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

Thank you, @daeus-lamb!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ย readersย answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest