fb

Living the adventure!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Living the adventure!

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
    @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

Hey all,

Glad to be here!

As the tag line says, I have recently become the proud father of my tenth — all homeschooled!  Yes,  am insane.  Moving on.

I’m also an embedded systems engineer on sabbatical, writing Christian action/adventure.  It all started on my lengthy commute to my day job, listening to audiobooks.  I thought my boys would enjoy many of them (Clive Cussler, etc) but unfortunately they mainly included thematic and ungoldy elements that I didn’t want them reading.   Then a friend shared a picture that inspired me.  “Create the things you wish existed.”

From then on, I spent my lunch breaks in the “hot box” of my car, typing away to do just that.  My first book, Queen of Atlantis is the story of a Bible Study group that is a front for a secret organization out to save the world.  🙂

Since taking the time off I have several “finished” novels in various stages of editing, but unlike the first book I want to take my time and market it right (it would be nice to not have to go back to the cubicle life – hey, one can dream)

I’ve recently been trying to build my social media presence, which is how I heard about Story Embers on Instagram.  Like I say, I truly am glad to be here and be able to sharpen my skills with like-minded authors.

Hey, you guys want a follower/beta reader/collab/guest post/whatever, let me know.  I’d also be glad to help you along the way any way I can! 🙂

Homeschooling father of 10, writing Christian action/adventure novels from my home high in the Rockies.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher Hey! Welcome to Story Embers!

And congratulations on ten kids! I love big families! They are literally the best! (I’m number five out of seven.) AND I’ve been homeschooled all my life. Soooo… yes, indeed. Your family sounds absolutely awesome. (:

Your current story sounds really interesting! I’ve never been able to get away with writing a good contemporary novel. Haha probably because I don’t have much experience in life. 😉

What kind of genres do you like reading in best?

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher Welcome! It’s great to see new people come along.

That’s a great reason to start writing. And at Story Embers, we’re all about writing non-preachy, thematical, Christian fiction, so it sounds like you’ve found the right place!

Your book is reminding me a bit of Mission League, by Jill Williamson. It’s a YA series that I’d recommend for Christian action lovers 15+. It was really good, although I’d suggest reading them as a parent before letting your kids read them. (some mature themes)

Anyways, welcome aboard, and I’m looking forward to getting to know you!

Writer | Freelance editor
    Inspiration

Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
    @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

@j-a-penrose Interesting.  I’ll have to check that out.  Who knows, maybe maybe my characters and Jill’s could team up sometime. 😉

Homeschooling father of 10, writing Christian action/adventure novels from my home high in the Rockies.

Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
    @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

@evelyn “What kind of genres do you like reading in best?”

That’s tricky.  I don’t know if I can decide.  (I have the same problem with music, too.)

I’ve been (over)thinking about how to answer this, and I don’t know if I can even eliminate things I don’t like.  For instance, I really don’t tend to prefer mystery, but this past year I read Terri Blackstock’s Last Light series and totally adored it!  I really don’t care for paranormal, but I read Dan Absalonson’s Haunted House Flipper which was phenomenal. [my review here]  And I don’t really go for historical, but who doesn’t like Ben Hur or a good G.A. Henty?

So I guess books are like kids.  I love you all equally. 😉 ❤️️

Evelyn
    @evelyn

“What kind of genres do you like reading in best?” That’s tricky. I don’t know if I can decide.

I understand! Simply put, I love a good book. Whether it be fantasy, historical fiction, mystery, or contemporary. Plus! Sometimes genres overlap.

Haha! I’ve heard books are like kids in many ways. Maybe some day I’ll understand. 😉

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher

who doesn’t like Ben Hur or a good G.A. Henty?

Ok, we are friends XD

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest