fb

Latest Podcast episode – discussion!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Latest Podcast episode – discussion!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jess R. Plowman
    @toljamedia

I hope this is the right place to ask this – I just wanted to say I loved the latest podcast episode, and I think it hit the nail on the head for a lot of things. One of the biggest causes of feeling like an outsider as a Christian writer for me is that in a lot of genres these days have built-in expectations that simply exclude the Christian worldview. For example, I love literary fiction, but it’s almost a prerequisite that for contemporary literary fiction, your morality must be gray. I’m trying to write counterexamples – but even if I succeed in writing them, I’m at a loss for who would ever publish them. That’s a problem for the future though.

The other thing I wanted to ask here is whether there was a way I could get in touch with Natalie, the girl who sent in the question the sparked the topic. I feel exactly the way she feels – not completely at home among either Christian or secular writers. I would love to ask more about what she’s writing, and see if maybe we’re outsiders in the same way. Maybe we could be a good resource for critiquing each other.

But there is a spirit within people, the breath of the Almighty within them, that makes them intelligent.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘General Writing Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest