fb

Lacking Confidence

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Lacking Confidence

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

I’m working on a part of my book that’s, like, the end of the character arc. It’s what most of the book has been building up to, but….I’m just unsure of how to word it correctly. I don’t want it to be too cheesy or too “out there” in a way that turns people off. As the title of this forum suggests, I am lacking in confidence. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Grace
    @literatureforthelight

@shadowwriter161 Hey there! Story Embers just released an article about confidence that I found super helpful: https://storyembers.org/5-ways-insecure-writers-can-build-the-confidence-to-be-creative/

A point that the article mentioned is that every first draft is messy – and that’s okay. I think that’s really important here that you flesh out your idea on paper, step away for a few days, and then come back and see what you think. Revision + editing will always have your back, but it starts with you being brave enough to actually put down your idea and see where it takes you.

Something you could also do is share your writing with a supportive friend who you trust. Right now my close friend reads my draft regularly, and knowing that she will look at it is really helpful for me. I can envision the kinds of questions she will ask and the points that she might have a problem with, and that is helping me refine my writing as I go. If there’s someone like that in your life, you might want to reach out to them and try that.

Best of luck 🙂

INFJ // The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@literatureforthelight

Thank you. I must admit that I haven’t been on here for awhile. I will definitely check out that article as soon as I can.

I do have a close friend who has helped me with a lot of my writing so I’ll send them a copy and see what they think.

Thank you, again 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest