fb

Jack and the Beanstalk – a poem

Forums Poetry Poetry Discussions Jack and the Beanstalk – a poem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Grace
    @h-jones

Hello, my poet friends! So, I recently wrote a poem for school, where I was supposed to take a fairy tale and write it from a different character’s perspective, as opposed to the main character’s. I chose Jack and the Beanstalk by Joseph Jacobs (this is the version I used), and decided to write it in poetry form. Since this is officially my first really lengthy piece, and also one of my first “poem stories,” I guess you could say, I have a few questions. Particularly, how did the end make you feel? Do you feel like there were things left uncleared?

Here’s the link, if anybody is interested. 🙂

Tagging some poet people: @libby @evelyn @kb-writer @anyone-else

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Grace.

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@h-jones That is a really neat prompt! I’ll have to try that sometime! 🙂

I thought you did a good job, and I enjoyed reading it – especially since it was from a different character’s perspective. It was an old well known story, but talking about the woman’s life made it feel newer and more interesting. The ending, (to answer your question) I liked – again especially from the woman’s perspective. I had never really thought about how Jack’s actions effected her. Great job!

And you have a blog? I don’t remember you ever mentioning it before, is it new?

Grace
    @h-jones

@evelyn Thank you, I’m so glad you liked it. 🙂 And yes, the blog is new, haha. That poem is currently the only thing on it. xD

Katherine Baker
    @kb-writer

@h-jones

I loved the poem! How cute, and certainly enjoyable to think of it from another perspective. I also liked the ending. Great job!

Always remember you're unique...
    ...Just like everyone else

Grace
    @h-jones

Thank you @kb-writer! Glad you enjoyed it as well. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest