It’s Me… Again :D

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself It’s Me… Again :D

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@anne-of- lothlorien

Sorry it took me a little while to get back to you! I’ve been really busy lately.

I am a girl, and yes, I know! I like it when I can sorta visualize what a person looks like when I’m either responding to them, or reading their posts πŸ˜‰

Wow! We have even more in common than I realized!Β  I also have 3 brothers, and 3 sisters, and I’m also the eldest girl; though I am third oldest instead of second.

I know!!!!! I’m sooooo happy that this many people on here also LOVE the Wingfeather Saga! And it’s so nice to have people I can nerd out with my about my *cough-cough-obsession-cough-cough* Hmmm, I wonder why people are coughing so much.. maybe allergies. πŸ˜›

Thank you!! I always thought Thwaps were so funny and amazing, so, naturally, I wanted to have one for my tag. πŸ˜€ And, while weΒ mightΒ have a deal on the totatoes, I cannot make a promise on the sugar-berries XD

Thank you, Lady Anne. I know what you mean, I always try, but I never quite can explain the Wingfeather Saga to people…. I also usually end up tripping over my words and shaking my head a lot.Β  It’s like there’s something about it that’s too complicated and deep and beautiful to spill into words.

I think I’ve heard part of the audio books, but I not all of them. I did listen to Andrew Peterson read them live on youtube for a while when he was doing that, and I have to say it was amazing… And lol, I don’t mind.Β  I LOVE it when people get as excited over the Wingfeather Saga as I do.

And sure! Here’s a few:

-The Wingfeather Saga (Obviously, lol)

-Ashtown Burials

-The Unwanteds (When I say that, people usually think it’s about a bunch of people feeling un-wanted, but I actually would describe it more like: “The Hunger Games meet Harry Potter.” Actually, I’ve never read either, but I’ve obviously heard a lot about both, and it’s what the back-of -the- cover -review said, and I thought it was pretty accurate XD.)

-The Mysterious Benedict Society (The author just released another book)

-Foxcraft

-Wings of Fire

And.. I could keep going on and on and on, but I’ll stop here, lol.Β  I’ve never read the Lord of the Rings (that’s why it’s not on here) but it’s literally the next thing on my reading list, and so many people speak so highly of it, that I’ll bet it’ll make it to my top twenty. (And top twenty isn’t an insult, that just how much I love reading, lol.)

And yay!! Definitely tag me if you do πŸ˜‰

And good, I’m glad it doesn’t sound weird.Β  Sometimes I’ll say call someone a friend but the person will be kinda uncomfortable, like I said it too early, so I was trying to not do that here… And I also use that phrasing! I’m happy to be able to officially call you a “Wingfeather Saga friend”, Lady Anne. πŸ˜€

You’re 18 then, right?Β  I’m 13.

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader ~RF

Mischievous Thwapling
      @mischievous-thwapling

Oopsy, the tag didn’t work.. Hmm, let me try it again:

@anne-of-lothlorien

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader ~RF

Mischievous Thwapling
        @mischievous-thwapling

I forgot to tell you that your part of your book you posted was soooo good!!! I loved it!! Your descriptions are so vivid and beautiful!

Mischievous Thwapling
          @mischievous-thwapling

Also forgot to add The Hobbit to that list of books I love up there. (I told you I was a scatter-brain! Lol)

Eden Anderson
            @eden-anderson

@anne-of-lothlorien Heyyyy! 😊

I know how you feel because I haven’t been on here much either recently…and there are lots of new people. When I first joined I was onΒ all the timeΒ but then I left for awhile and when I came back it almost felt like a different place. It was a little nerve-wracking. πŸ˜‚

Your story sounds wonderful! πŸ˜€ I love contemporary fiction.

Anyways, welcome back! (it’s always nice to see a familiar face from “the olden days”. πŸ˜›πŸ˜‚)

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Anne of Lothlorien
            @anne-of-lothlorien

@mischievous-thwapling
              You don’t have to apologize for being late! Sometimes I have to go a whole week without talking to people, cause we don’t have internet at our house.
              Yes, I’m 18. What color hair do you have? And how long is it? And what color eyes? Then I can have an actual mental picture. πŸ˜€ I’m about five foot two, light brown slightly wavy hair to my shoulders and green eyes.
              I suppose I can share some of my sugar-berries as long as you’re leaving the totatoes alone. πŸ˜‰
              Yes, this is the first place I’ve been on where Wingfeather Saga is widely known! At my church a good portion of the families don’t really read fantasy books, so sadly I had no one to fangirl with, but now I do!!!
              You hit the nail on the head! There’s something about the Wingfeather books too deep and beautiful to be expressed. It’s like describing love or joy to someone… you can tell them things about the feeling, what it makes you do, what sensations you feel, but when you get down to it, it’s just this deep and beautiful feeling you know you shall never forget.
              The Mysterious Benedict Society, yes!!! Have you read Riddle of the Ages yet? It’s soooo good!!!
              I am totally okay with being called a friend! I do it with people I speak to barely once a month. XD My dad laughs at me, cause I call everyone I know my friend, and I have like, eight best friends. πŸ˜€

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
              No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Anne of Lothlorien
              @anne-of-lothlorien

@kimlikesart
                Well, I’m glad you avoided being an only child! What’s your sister like? Do you guys share interests and hobbies?
                My sisters… Elsie’s 12. She loves horses and reading and making crafts. She’s got rather a stubborn head on her shoulders, which I suppose means she takes after me πŸ˜› but she’s growing up, little by little.
                Agnes is 9. She loves pink and sparkles and dolls but also mud and climbing trees and bugs. She is a walking paradox! πŸ˜€ I could see her growing up to be the beautiful society wife of a politician or an FBI crime scene investigator. I honestly don’t know where her life is gonna go. πŸ˜€
                Gladys is almost 3. She has Down Syndrome, so she’s behind developmentally, and in actuality is more like a… probably a one or one and a half year old. She’s very happy and smile-y most of the time. Her favorite things to do are ‘read’ books and dance. She loves any kind of music; Disney songs, pop songs, hymns, lullabies, orchestral, anything. πŸ˜€
                It might be a better world if people waited to get married, but I also think that some people put off getting married when they are actually ready just because they don’t ‘feel’ ready. Kinda like Aslan telling Prince Caspian he was ready to be king even though he didn’t feel like it. Our feelings can be misguiding sometimes, and hold us back from a greater thing.
                Oh, yes, a patient man is… well… I don’t want to say a must, because then I feel like I’m making demands of God. But, please, please, let him have a better control on his temper than I do mine. I’m rather hot-headed and I’m trying, with God’s help, to do better at it, but if I wound up with someone as short-tempered and head-strong as I am… *mimics explosion noises*
                I’ll try to answer your questions about the people I admire as shortly as possible while still explaining, cause I don’t want to have a ginormous post. XD
                I admire my mom because… she never stops being a mother. She works hard to be a mom and care for her seven kids. And seven kids… are a handful. Sometimes we are stubborn, mouthy, selfish brats, but she doesn’t just give up on us. She gets back up every day and cooks and cleans and teaches and loves again.
                I admire my friends because… well, it’s different for each of them a little bit, but overall, because they are all hard workers and still enjoy life with verve. And also they are always, always there for me. I aspire to be there for them and help them like they do me.
                I admire Corrie TenBoom because… Forgiveness. One of the number one things I struggle with is forgiveness. And I know she struggled with it too, for years, and still God graced her with the ability to forgive the people who had done unspeakable things to her and killed her sister.
                I admire J.R.R. Tolkien because… Well, doesn’t every Christian writer? πŸ˜€ He was a human, earth-bound and fallible like me, and yet managed to create a masterpiece. He believed that fantasy has an important place in this world and can be used to convey truths, and that’s exactly what I want to do with my writing.
                I admire Esther because… I think she must have been honest to goodness scared near to death, and yet she saved her entire people! Imagine being a young girl, suddenly queen, then called upon to do something that could possibly end in your death! Yet she trusted God enough to still do it! (I also like to think that she did end up falling in love with the king and they were happy, cause I want everyone to have a happy ending πŸ˜€ )
                I admire Daniel because… He never gave in. He was surrounded by a crass, vulgar, Godless world and he held on to his faith with both hands. Growing up and entering the world that largely does not know God is hard. I see terrible things and tempting things all around me, but I pray I can be like Daniel and keep holding on to what I know is right.
                I admire Ruth because… She was selfless. She followed her mother in law away from the only home she knew to take care of her. She worked in the fields to provide her and Naomi with something to eat. Family love went above self love, and to me that’s hard to practice, but very, very important.
                ‘The High King’ is actually a book. It’s in a series called The Prydain Chronicles. Or The Chronicles of Prydain. I forget which. Written by Lloyd Alexander. They’re really cool. About the darkest fantasy I’ll go, but they’re amazing and well written.
                I loved all your quotes! Especially the one about being judged. πŸ™‚
                That’s totally fine if you don’t want to share a poem. I understand completely. I share poems on here, but only from my ‘for other’s eyes’ poem category. Some things I write are for me and God alone.

Anne of Lothlorien
                @anne-of-lothlorien

@eden-anderson Thank you! *hugs* It’s good to be back, yes? Ah, the good ole days, when Story Embers was new and we were young and crazy.

Oh.

Wait.

WE’RE STILL CRAZY!!! HAHA!

Just a leetle less young. πŸ˜‰

This is actually my first contemporary fiction work I’ve done, so I’m a little nervous. Or maybe a LOT nervous. But thank you. πŸ™‚

Eitan
                  @eitan

@anne-of-lothlorien

That was all really interesting about the Israeli people. I’m kinda ashamed to say before I basically just thought… well, there’s Israeli people, and that’s it.

It’s alright, everyone thinks so about countries they didn’t study about πŸ™‚

I live in a (pretty) small town called Arad – about 26,000 inhabitants. We have a mall, a science center and a culture center, and are considered ”city” in the Israeli law. But for many things, we drive 40 minutes to Beer Sheva, that’s a ”small metropolis” for southern Israel. Besides those cities and a few more, the area is mainly inhabited by Bedouin villages. The population isn’t too dense. Most of the population lives in the coastal area (around Haifa and Tel Aviv) and around Jerusalem. The south is pretty empty, and it gets emptier as you go southward πŸ™‚

The museums are mainly in Tel Aviv, Haifa and Jerusalem, the main metropolises of Israel.

Would you call yourself a … Messianic Ashkenazi Jew? Or am I totally wrong?

Umm, my ethnicity doesn’t really matter for me. Like, my parents came from Russia, but we talk Hebrew in our home (though they talk Russian between themselves), we don’t eat Russian food that much, and my English is actually way better than my Russian.

I would call myself a Messianic (/Christian) Jew. Though since everyone around me are Jewish, I find my nationality irrelevant most of the time… Just like you probably don’t find something special in being an American. It’s just who you, and everyone around you, are. Not to say, I don’t care about my people or heritage, but it’s not as important to me as it’s important to some people.

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Abigail Rebekah
                    @abigail-rebekah

@anne-of-lothlorien

Lol…I like your sense of humor xD

I wouldΒ neverΒ  have guessed that you were sarcastic πŸ˜‰ I’d say it’s my second language – I come from a very sarcastic family!

Nice…I’m probably similar, except I think I listen to soundtracks a bit more. Having no internet sounds like fun (not). That must be annoying.

Anyways, sorry for the late-ish reply, btw xD

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Anne of Lothlorien
                      @anne-of-lothlorien

@abigail-rebekah – Yes, sarcasm is my second language, along with song lyrics and movie quotes. πŸ˜€

No internet is not fun most of the time, but it’s also a good thing for me, because I know I could quite easily become addicted to certain online activities, (coughPinterestcough) and it would take away time needed for more important things.

No worries about replying late! I’m a bit late myself. (No internet) πŸ˜›

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest