fb

It’s Me… Again :D

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself It’s Me… Again :D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Ella
    @writergirl101

@anne-of-lothlorien

Couldn’t agree more!! 😂😉😋  LOTR and AOGG are the best. Books. Ever.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Wingiby Iggiby
    @wingiby-iggiby

@anne-of-lothlorien

That’s cool! There are a lot of houses being built in the neighborhood where we’re renting for the year; I think NC is a popular place to live. And yes! I’ve heard its gorgeous! I’ve only been here for a little-over-a-week-or-so, so I can’t exactly say I’ve seen a lot of it. But there is some beautiful pasture land we passed; I’d like to own something like that sometime. And don’t be too jealous — I dream of going west some time in the far-away future. Where do you live?

Andrew Peterson writes a LOT of songs. I need to try to hear every. single. one.

Exactly! If I come up with even one line of something funny, I’m itching to tell someone about it; but they’re often from my book and then I have to explain the situation and by then it isn’t so funny anymore…

Speaking of books… I know you weren’t talking to me and all, but I saw the excerpt from your story! It’s really really good, and I’m wondering if you could post more, perhaps? *makes shy little face with big puppy eyes*

Also, don’t feel like you have to reply to everything in my post: you’ve got a lot of people welcoming you! 😉 😛 Trying to convey my tone through these little smileys who conspire against me because I can’t make any new ones. *exasperated-smiley-face*

I light the arrow, pull the bow,
    Shoot that fire right through my soul.

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@wingiby-iggiby

I live in northern Indiana right now. To me… it’s rather a boring state to live in, but I think most people get bored of their own home states at some point, cause it’s so well known to us. It’s not new and exciting like looking through beautiful color photos of far off places in a travel brochure. 😀

I can post more of my story. 🙂 I only have the first seven or eight chapters actually written down, plus random scenes I’ve written out, but I’ll try to keep stuff from earlier sections so I don’t spoil too much in case it ever is finished. 😉

Here’s the very beginning…

“There are all sorts of feelings in this world; sadness, joy, guilt, contentment. They twist around people’s hearts, drape over their shoulders, or walk beside them holding their hand. Wherever they are, I can see them.
    When my mom and dad were alive, they called it a God-gift. My foster parents don’t understand. Most people don’t, but I’m okay with that. It feels special to know I’m the only one who can see the whirlpool of feelings, even the hidden ones, dark and secret. When I walked around campus, I would open my heart eyes and stare at the churning sea of college-student emotions flooding out of their hearts and hovering around them.
    I knew that if I could see myself, I would only have one feeling hovering around me.
    Loneliness.
    It’s me to a ‘t’; lonely Felicity, walking around with her head down and her shoulders forward, barricading herself from the odd looks, the jeers and the whispers.
    I get them for a lot of reasons. Because I don’t wear make-up. Because I failed a Chemistry exam. Because my jeans aren’t tight-fitting, and my necklines aren’t low. Because I read my Bible during lunch hour. I sit by myself in a corner while the words ‘idiot’, and ‘Jesus-freak’ float over and seep like poison into my heart.
    There are people I’ve seen that bring out the best feelings in everyone, like happiness, or love. The only ones I see in other students when I’m around are the worst ones. Anger. Superiority. Mockingness. That’s not even a real word. I made it up for all the people who like nothing more than cutting me down every day, until I’m almost sure there’s nothing of me left for them to cut.
    But I was going to change that.
    I knew when the bell rang at the last class of the last day of the semester. I knew when I swung my backpack strap over my shoulder and walked past a line of whispering girls. I knew when I stepped out of the Anslor College doors and squinted up into the brilliant summer sky that I wasn’t going to come back.
    I said a silent farewell to the looming brick building behind me, unlocked my ten-speed, and pedaled for home.”

And here’s a part where she’s been taken in by a family and convinced to stay for a while…

He led me down a narrow hallway lined with picture frames. Dimpled babies and frizzy haired children smiled at me from the walls. Once again, I noticed love, folded up and tucked into the corners of the frames. I glimpsed a cozy looking living room with large arm chairs and shelf after shelf of books through an open doorway to my left.
    Clay stopped me and I saw I was in a kitchen, a homey, sun-warmed little room tastefully decorated in blues and yellows. A woman stood at the sink, her back to us. Brown hair with streaks of pale grey was swept up into an elegant twist, and gentle humming floated on the air.
    I breathed in deeply… I could almost smell the happiness. It smelled like flowers and fresh air and a sweet, bread-like fragrance I couldn’t place. I could certainly see the happiness at any rate. It stood next to Mrs. Dawson, swaying a bit to the music she hummed, and little scraps of it peeked out from every cupboard and shelf and hung in bits like pieces of material over the back of chairs and the oven handles.
    “Mother?” Clay said. I froze. What was she going to think of me? What in heaven’s name was I even doing? Why had I agreed to do this?
    Clay nudged me forward, having seen my hesitation to go any farther. “Mother, I ran into someone on the road who needed help. She doesn’t have a place to stay tonight. Her name is Felicity Jones.”
    Mrs. Dawson turned from the sink, wiping her hands on a faded dish towel. Her face was kind and gentle, but I braced myself for criticism as her eyes swept down, taking in my plaid vest, worn-out jeans, and scuffed up cowboy boots. She stepped forward and held out her slender, calloused hand. “I’m pleased to meet you, Felicity. My name is Ann Dawson.”
    I took her hand, surprised by the strength of her grip. “I’m glad to meet you too, Mrs. Dawson.” I paused, scrambling for something to say. “My middle name is Ann, too.” Random, but okay. At least it was something.
    “Well, isn’t that special.” Looking over my outfit one more time, she broke into a smile, saying, “I love your style, honey.” Grabbing my shoulder, she spun me around. My swinging braid whisked into Clay’s face. He sneezed. I was surprised she didn’t seem to be taken aback at all.
    “Thank you.” I struck a fashion plate pose and slipped a little French lilt into my words. “I call it, ‘Le Goodwill Chic’.”
    Mrs. Dawson laughed and reached into a cabinet. She pulled down a china plate and set it on the table. “Please, won’t you join us for dinner, mademoiselle? I believe I’ve already grown rather fond of you.”
    Suddenly, I lost my nerve. Flustered, my words came out jumbled, like jigsaw pieces poured out of a box. “You… for dinner? I-I’m… hungry… no, but… I mean…” I flushed and looked away. “I don’t know what I mean.”
    Mrs. Dawson smiled. “It’s all right. We really do want to have you.”
    I nodded confusedly. Clay pulled out a chair from the table and waved a hand towards it. I sat and rested my elbows on the table. Mrs. Dawson spun from oven to sink to table, graceful and smooth, a ballerina in the kitchen, I thought, while Clay set to work emptying the sink of clean dishes. I observed the inquisitive glances he gave his mother, and the slight nod she gave in return.
    “In fact,” She set a glass of water in front of me and slid a plate beneath my arms. I drank in quick gulps, dehydrated from the bike ride. “In fact, we would love to have you as a guest.”
    My fingers tripped over each other, and water sloshed over the cup rim and down my vest. Clay, hardly pausing from his sorting of silverware, pulled a towel from the cabinet and tossed it to me. I blotted at my shirt, too embarrassed and confused to try talking again.
    “I understand, Felicity, how hard it must be right now, and how confused you’d be that complete strangers would want to take you in,” Mrs. Dawson said, laying a gentle hand on my shoulder. Her kindness crept softly down her fingers and settled close to my heart. It was an odd feeling. “But we really do want you here.” She paused, seeming to be waiting for something.
    Clay looked over his shoulder. “We do. Really.”
    Everything they said couldn’t process fast enough. Arguments and questions ran through my head like a marathon, so fast I couldn’t register them all.
    “Why would they… you don’t know… you don’t have anywhere…”
    “Trust Me.”
    Trust… trust that God, somehow, had a plan. Maybe… maybe these people were part of it?
    “I… okay. I mean, thank you. Very much. I… If you have the room, then…” I took a deep breath, “yes, I would be happy to be your guest.”
    “Wonderful!” Mrs. Dawson pulled a cake pan from the oven and slid it onto the range. She slipped a knife around the edges, gripped the rim with a towel and turned it over onto a plate with a practiced hand. A golden edged cake slipped out, and a delicious smell drifted towards me.
    “Strawberry shortcake.” My mind clicked the aroma into place suddenly. Clay turned around to stare at me.
    “Yes.” Mrs. Dawson smiled. “You recognize it?”
    “Uh, yes, I – I do. My mom…” I blinked quickly, pressing down the sudden tears. “My mom used to make it a lot.” Ten years and still I could barely say her name.
    “Hmm. Does she still?”
    “I…” It was too sharp and pointed this time, the pain. I couldn’t speak. I glimpsed Clay’s foot as it scooted out and tapped his mother’s shoe. She glanced up and he shook his head.
    ‘No, you’re stronger than this.’
    I took a deep breath, so deep I thought I would choke on all the air filling my lungs. Then I spoke quickly, rushing to get the words out, to just say them before something stopped me again.
    “My parents both died when I was eleven years old. My foster parents have never liked me, and they threw me out of the house two days ago because I dropped out of college. I have nowhere to go, and very little money, so I won’t be able to pay you.”
    Might as well get all my cards on the table.
    In the seconds of silence, I could hear a cuckoo clock burst into its call. Seven o’clock.
    “Oh, we won’t want money.” Mrs. Dawson worked the knife through the shortcake, tactfully skipping over almost everything I’d said just now. Or maybe it just didn’t faze her. “We’d love for you to spend a few nights here. Maybe,” she gave a tiny glance at her son, “you would like to join us for church on Sunday?”
    Relief washed through me. “Oh, I would. I haven’t been… I haven’t been in weeks,” I confessed.
    Mrs. Dawson smiled and it went straight to my heart, reminding me of every smile my mother had ever given me. “We’d be delighted for you to be our guest for services.”
    “Thank you.”
    Clay drizzled juicy sauce over a slice of shortcake and plopped a spoonful of cream and a few strawberries on top before sliding the plate over to me. I stared down at it, confused.
    “Shortcake… before dinner?”
    Clay winked. “It’s the fruit course.”
    For the first time in days I let myself laugh.

Sorry if that was way to super long! XD I wanted to give you some context. 😀

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@kimlikesart

I’m 18. I’ve had the waitress job for a year, ever since I graduated high school, but it’s time to move on now. How old are you?

I’m pretty excited to teach my brother. He’s a very intelligent child for his age, and I think it’ll go a lot smoother than when I taught my sister. She was in the ‘you’re not my mom, you’re my sister and I don’t have to listen to you’ stage, so… yeah, that was fun. 😛 But I’m ready for this new challenge!

That’s amazing that God’s given you answers and assurance about your future! Do you have a special someone in your life right now? 😉

I too have a list that I’ve made of what I’m praying my husband will be… it sounds kind of… I don’t know, wrong? somehow, sometimes to be making a check list, but… it does help to keep your mind focused on the things you’d like your husband to be, cause just cause he’s a super nice person doesn’t mean he’ll be right for you. I’ll probably meet plenty of young men I get along with just fine, and I already have, but they won’t all be the right ones, obviously. 😀

I’ve also been writing letters to my future husband since I was sixteen. I’m filling a journal that if God wills, I’ll give to my fiance one day for him to read.

That’s awesome that you want to be a missionary! I’ll pray you find leading and that if God gives you a husband you’ll share this vision to reach people.

Why am I passionate about the handicapped… well, I’ll try not to take two thousand words to tell my story…

Four years ago I read a book called ‘Left to Die’. It was about a missionary nurse in China who rescued a baby from a trash pile. The baby girl had been thrown away because she was underdeveloped and had club feet deformity. That book broke my heart. It hurt me to think that all over this world there are people like that, children and even adults who have been abandoned and neglected because they’re different, because they’re slow or don’t fit in as expected. I prayed that God would give me opportunities to work with handicapped and special needs people in His time, and it’s been a burden of mine ever since.

Fast forward one year and my little sister was born with Down Syndrome. I know it’s never a good thing when a child is born with a disability, but I knew this was God answering my prayer. This was the start… a child like the ones I wanted to help, right in my own home for me to help nurture and teach and love. She has been one of the biggest joys of my life and I’m so grateful for her.

So now I’m looking into taking classes that’ll help me become better and teaching and being with special needs people. I want them to know that even though they might be rejected by this world because of how they look or act, even though there might not be many people here who love them, God still loves them. They may seem ugly or deformed to the world, but God made them so very, very special and He thinks they are beautiful. I want to show them that because God cares for them, I care for them.

So I hope to be able to volunteer at different places, and if I get married it’ll probably be a serious consideration to adopt special needs kids, if my husband shares the same feelings.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@anne-of-lothlorien

I’ve missed this place… I really have…

And thumbs up to all the Wingfeather fanning!!! ‘Nother fan over here who may or may not sing Yurgen’s Tune every time she goes to the beach.

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@anne-of-lothlorien

Well, of all questions to ask!

I just put Riddle of the Ages on hold at the library, got it Monday, and started it yesterday!

I’m enjoying it so far!

MELODY

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@ericawordsmith – It’s really good to be back, isn’t it? Remember a year or two ago, that fall and winter when you and Buddy and I were here all the time? That was a good year. 🙂

All thumbs up everywhere should go to the Wingfeather fanning!!! XD

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@melodyjoy Oh, you’ve started it, yay!!!! I promise you, it will not end as you expect. 😉

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@anne-of-lothlorien

I think all of the MBS books end totally unexpected. Thanks for the heads up!

LOL

MELODY

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@kimlikesart

Do you have more than one sister? I have three younger sisters, 12, 9, and 3.

My parents haven’t set a ‘dating age’ for me, an official one, (my dad jokes that it’s 35 :D) but I’m okay not dating now. 18 and without a boyfriend may seem crazy to the world, but I’m fine with it. There’s no way I’m ready for a serious relationship and marriage right now… though I expect most people say that. 😀 I guess if everyone waited until they felt 100% ready we’d have a lot less weddings. 😀

I wouldn’t say most of my close friends are boy/men, but I definitely do have some good guy friends. Sometimes I’m more comfortable around guys than girls, depending on the group. I think it’s mostly because I grew up between two boys, and it was just us for a while. So I’m at ease around guys, and it’s easy to talk to them, even if it’s about, you know, cars and sports and stuff. ;P

Right, I wouldn’t want to marry someone I wasn’t good friends with either. I think it’d be odd to be approached by someone you didn’t really know, or just had super casual interactions maybe once a month. Cause then it’s like… okay, so why do you want to date me if you don’t really know me? Maybe we can have some conversations here first, buddy. XD

My list is most qualities; loves God more than he loves me, hardworking but won’t put his job in front of his family, respectful of me and all women, etc. Likes and dislikes aren’t specifically on the list most of the time… it’d be nice to marry someone who shares all my interests and hobbies, but I don’t think it’s a must for a good marriage. My mom and dad are very different; Mom loves books and Bluegrass music and history whereas Dad barely reads at all and would prefer soundtrack music while he works on a house reno project. But I think opposites can attract and work very well. Are your parents very similar in tastes, or more different?

Left to Die is written by Ivy Rose. It’s a short book, a novelette or novella, I guess. Very, very good, though. Very good. She also wrote another book called Old River Road. It’s a sweet, historical romance, the story of her ancestors.

I do have other journals… I have a Bible study/sermon notes/prayer journal, a regular journal, a travel journal for when I take vacations or trips, and then I suppose what could be called a writing journal of sorts… I take it everywhere and  put down descriptions and free verse and things I saw that I liked and character descriptions and bits of writing and story ideas, stuff like that.

I have read George Muller! His life was so AMAZING! I’ve read his biography three times and each time I was absolutely astounded at how God provided for him, every. single. time!!!

I haven’t read the other two, but ‘God’s Smuggler’ is on my list.

Who do I admire most, (besides Jesus :D)

My mom, my seven best friends, Corrie TenBoom, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Esther, Ruth, and Daniel from the Bible.

Favorite quotes… AUGH  I WANT TO PUT, LIKE, ELEVEN HUNDRED!!!!! I’ll settle for a few, I suppose 😀

“Is there not glory enough in living the days given to us? You should know there is adventure in simply being among those we love and the things we love, and beauty, too.”
    – Adaon, The Black Cauldron

“Long ago I yearned to be a hero without knowing, in truth, what a hero was. Now, perhaps, I understand it a little better. A grower of turnips or a shaper of clay, a Commot farmer or a king – every man is a hero if he strives more for others than for himself alone.”
    – Taran, The High King

“It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those are the stories that stayed with you, that meant something even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something. There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam, The Lord of the Rings

“She was never quite ready. But she was brave. And the universe listens to brave.” – Rebecca Ray

“Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you never know who would love the -person you hide.” – C.S. Lewis

“We are here to laugh at the odds and to live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us.” – Charles Bukowski

Wingiby Iggiby
    @wingiby-iggiby

@anne-of-lothlorien

Exactly! Same with me. “The grass is always greener on the other side,” as someone somewhere said.

And don’t worry about your post being too long! I LOVED it! It’s so sweet how the Dawsons took her in ( 😀 ) and so sad about how she was treated in collage. ( 🙁 ) Great job!

And did someone mention George Muller? His story is so amazing! My mom read a book about him aloud to us, and it was so wonderful.

Wingiby Iggiby
    @wingiby-iggiby

@ericawordsmith

Yurgen’s Tune is one of the most haunting and beautiful songs ever. Period.

And don’t you love My Love Has Gone Across the Sea? I almost cried first time I heard it, even though I hadn’t read The Monster in the Hollows yet. I don’t know how the Petersons do it, but they do.

Eitan
    @eitan

@anne-of-lothlorien

Your turn to answer those questions! Favorite Bible character, verse, and what are you studying now?

Okay…

Favorite character – Hmm, David. I’m studying the book of Psalms right now, and I just get to know him very personally… To the extent think he was claustrophobic 🙂 And he is a literal archetype for Jesus Christ!

Favorite verse – Hmm… It kinda depends on how I feel, because different verses fit for different times 🙂 But I won’t cheat. Hmm, I think Psalm 31:22 is one of my favorites:

”In my alarm I said, “I am cut off from your sight!”. Yet you heard my cry for mercy when I called to you for help.”

Current study – As I said, I’m studying the Psalms, one by one – I’m currently in Psalm 33. Sometimes I do only one verse a day, but my goal is quality, not quantity – I don’t want to eat a lot, I want to eat and digest the food, otherwise it doesn’t give me a lot. Though sometimes I AM lazy… Yeah, not something I’m proud of. I should fix it…

What part of Israel do you live in? How is it there? The cities, the people, what you do?

I’m from between the Negev desert and the Judean desert, not so far from the Judean mountains. It’s hot and dry there, though the last week was surprisingly cool and cloudy, with an amazing cool western wind. I even slept with a hoodie.

In general, we have cool winters (50-63 f) with a low precipitation – rains, hail once in 2-3 years, and snow once in 7 years. Once or twice a year we have coldwaves, and it’s 38, and might even get to 32 at night. My father says you can easily get frostbites at such a windy night.

The summers are hot (around 86) and dry, but we have cool wind in the afternoon, so it’s not that bad. Sometimes we have windless days, and it’s around 104, and you feel like in an oven 😉

My area is a made of hills, that turn into small cliffs and canyons as you move eastward, towards the Dead Sea. The vegetation there is small, thorny bushes – I think it could’ve been more vegetated, but the Bedouins herd their flocks in the area, so it’s hard for vegetation to grow. As you move northward, there are the shrublands of the mountains of Hebron, and than, there are Mediterranean grasslands, groves and forests.

The cities…  I don’t think I got the question… 😅

The people… Umm, it depends. Much like the USA, Israel is a mosaic of different cultures and ethnicities.

Ethnically, the Jews are made of 3 main groups. Ashkenazi (European) Jews, like me, are light skinned, and have all variety of hair and eye colors. There are black haired, brown eyed Ashkenazis, and there are blond, blue eyed Ashkenazis. Mizrahi (Middle-Eastern and North-African) Jews are olive skinned, dark haired (dark brown to black), and dark eyed. And <b>Ethiopian</b> Jews are dark-brown skinned, and have dark eyes and curly, black hair.

Religiously, things are way more complicated. Secular Jews (like my family and friends) are usually Ashkenazi, and are atheists, agnostics or believe in ”a god”, but it has no influence on their lives. They’re very similar to American secular people, so I won’t talk too much about them 🙂 Tradition-keepers are those who’re not really religious, but are closer to the Jewish religion than the secular people. They usually eat only Kosher food, fast at the day of atonement, and maybe even put Tephilin and go to the synagogue at Sabbaths. There are also more secular tradition keepers, that do keep some Mitzvah’s, but are generally closer in their lifestyle to secular people. National-<b>Religious</b> Jews are actually religious – they wear Kippah’s and Tsitsit’s, go to the synagogue daily, and keep the Mitzvah’s (of the Rabbinical Judaism, not of the OT). Most of them also study some time in a Yeshiva (a Jewish tradition college). They also vary, and I know religious Jews who believe that man evolved from apes and that there are no logical proofs for God’s existence (I have no idea why aren’t they atheists), but those are few. Haredi (ultra orthodox) Jews live in closed communities, with strict dress rules that preserve the clothing of their ancestors from 19th century Poland (I have no idea how they survive our summers with long, black coats). They strictly keep the Jewish traditions, and most of their men don’t work or even go to the army, but dedicate their lives to study the Jewish tradition. Rabbis (Jewish religious leaders) are sometimes viewed there as holy, and in some sects, it’s common to have photos of Rabbis as talismans for luck and wealth. They’re political parasites, and will go with any party as long as it exempts them from paying taxes and serving in the army, and gives them money for nothing.

The Israeli Arabs are ethnically similar to one another, and in general, look like Mizrahi Jews 🙂 The majority of the Arabs is Muslim. The Israeli Arabs tend to be nicer, and while they go to the mosque, wear Hijab and so on, they (thankfully) don’t follow Muhammad’s command to murder unbelievers. The Palestinian Arabs tend to be more extreme, due to their poverty and lack of rights (thanks to their corrupted leadership). There’s also a Christian minority (mostly Catholic and orthodox), that is generally richer and more educated. There are also the Druzes – A sect that nobody, except their elders, really knows what do they believe in, though it’s known they believe in reincarnation, and are monotheists. They’re very loyal to the country they live in, so many Druzes serve in the Israeli military and even get officer ranks.

So, what unifies all of those people to be Israeli? Umm… I’m not quite sure 🙂

How old are you? Are you finished with school? What do you want to do in the future? Ever want to come visit America?

I’m male, 15, will start 10th grade in September. I have no idea what to work in… I have so many options! I love Arabic and biology, I’m good in speaking and writing, and sometimes I think if God calls me to be an apologist (I’m not sure yet – He’ll tell me when the time will come). I was in the USA one time, in NJ and NY. I hope to visit the Creation museum and / or the ark encounter someday 😀

How old are you? What do you want to do in the future?

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@eitan – When you get to it, my favorite Psalm is Psalm 96 🙂

No snow? *gasp* Well, I’m not fond of winter. It’s my least favorite season. But I do love some pretty snow now and then. 😀 It does sound very beautiful there, though. I’d love to visit some day.

Oh, my question about cities… 😀 I just meant what was the city you lived in like, or do you live in the country? Are there museums or parks or what do you do for enjoyment there?

That was all really interesting about the Israeli people. I’m kinda ashamed to say before I basically just thought… well, there’s Israeli people, and that’s it. You’re born here, you’re Israeli. I didn’t know all about the different ethnicities, and that’s really cool!

Would you call yourself a … Messianic Ashkenazi Jew? Or am I totally wrong?

I’ve been to the Creation Museum many times, and the Ark once. They’re amazing!!! Definitely worth a visit, especially for someone who might become and apologist. 😉

I am 18 years old. I finished with high school a year ago, and right now I am about to quit my job to stay at home and teach my younger brother first grade. I hope to take some college classes in writing and Special Education soon. I’d like a family of my own one day, but that’s up to God. 🙂 I’d also like to write books and work with special needs people in whatever way I can.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@anne-of-lothlorien

Yes… That fall was the most magical time of my life actually… and then ending with the Christmas chatting with that group all the time… Y’all were seriously my best friends at that time (with the exception of The Tolkien Friend).

@wingiby-iggiby
    First of all, I LOVE your name!! <3 <3

Second yes. That song is haunting… from the first time I heard it…. DAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! I’ve never recovered. What’s really fun is to go in a racquetball room at my school and to sing that song in there because of the acoustics…  The way it echoes is wonderful.

And My Love Has Gone Across the Sea… I love many songs, but only a few are MY SONGS (as in I will melt for them). That is one of the two songs with the ability to make me cry… The evening after I read The Monster in the Hollows I was washing dishes while listening to that song and was absolutely bawling. My family had no idea what was going on.

I’ve read the books twice on my own and then one time through reading them to a couple of my siblings… When I read the scene with My Love Has Gone Across the Sea I nearly cried and when I looked up, my brother was trying not to bawl and my sister was a puddle of tears. She cried the rest of the night I think.

Then the last emotional story was the night before I went away to college I played that song on the piano and sang along. When I was done my brother was bawling… And he doesn’t usually cry so it made me emotional. XD

So there! I’m done with the tears that have been shed to that song, but yes… Needless to say, you are very right about the Petersons… Andrew Peterson is my biggest modern day hero. Hands down. His books and music and things he’s said elsewhere have been one of the biggest ministries in my life…

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest