It’s Me… Again :D

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself It’s Me… Again :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

HELLO!

HI!

Hey.

Hi, um, remember me? Maybe? I’m technically not new here at Story Embers. I was here when it started a couple years ago, but over the past year I’ve kinda slacked off. I haven’t been on the forum in months, so I figured it was time to re-introduce myself and meet all these new people I was bewildered by when I came back on! *nervous laugh* (Nope, I don’t have social anxiety, not. at. all.)

So… *sweeping bow* My *name* is Anne of Lothlorien, The Secret Lady of London. Call me Anne. My Lady will work too, though, if you wanna. Despite the fact that I live in Lothlorien, I am short with short hair and kinda just look like a hobbit. πŸ˜€ I love Jesus, books, writing, books, graphic design, books, Disney, books, music, books, poetry, books, coffee, books, roller coasters, books, and lots more stuff! Including books. πŸ˜‰ *looks around* Have I put everyone at ease with my wit yet?

My current WIP is a contemporary fiction called Firefly Town… Here’s the blurb. I’m terrible at blurb-ing, but here it is anyways…

Felicity Jone’s life is ruined. Kicked out of her foster parent’s home when she drops out of college, her belief in God’s perfect plan is tested to the limit. Then a bicycle accident lands her in a tiny little town in the middle of nowhere and her life is changed forever. Felicity struggles to both reconcile with the people that have hurt her and accept the love she finds in this new town. As the days pass, the people of Firefly Town slowly win her over, proving that forgiveness and pineapple waffles can go a long way.

So yeah, that’s worse than I remembered. It needs tweaking. But that’s my current writing project, so… yup.

Uh… about me… *blanks on everything I have ever ever-ed i my life*…

Some of my favorite books –

-WINGFEATHER SAGAΒ  (Um, there’s someone on here named… @wingiby-iggiby… I think you and I should talk)

– Pride and Prejudice

– Martin Hospitality

– Lord of the Rings

Some of my current favorite songs –

– Seven, by Sleeping at Last

– A Thousand Years

– Priceless, by For King and Country

– Can’t Help Falling in Love

– Lost Boy, by Ruth B.

And that’s- that’s me, I guess. Hey. Howdy. Aloha. Suilad. Greetings. ‘Sup? Howsit, Nani? (PLEASE tell me if anyone got that reference?)

Are any of my old people’s still on here?? @erica-wordsmith @buddy @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
      No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Anne of Lothlorien
      @anne-of-lothlorien

@buddyj ? @ericawordsmith ? @buddy-j ? @erica? Do these work?!?!?!?!

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
        @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@anne-of-lothlorien

Hey!! I’m here!! Good to hear from you again!!

Glad you’re back!

Sold souls and dead promises

EricaWordsmith
        @ericawordsmith

@anne-of-lothlorien

*Gives you a huge hug because hugs are wonderful things*

It’s lovely to be back on this site… brings a lot of nostalgia home… I haven’t been active on here in ages!

Ooh!! I’m reading Pride and Prejudice right now. I’m loving it… Mr. Collins… Oh. My. Soul. XD XD XD

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Wingiby Iggiby
          @wingiby-iggiby

@anne-of-lothlorien

Um, hi? I am new on here. My favorite color is sea-green and sea-blue. I live in NC. I have a dog. And nine snails. And three younger siblings. Nice to meet you.

I have brown hair. Brown eyes. A brown wrist-watch band. But my dog is grey. Snails are often brown except when they are black. I once had sixty. I say this to all I meet.

I love music. I love books. I love funny movies that make you laugh until your throat hurts. I love drawing when I know what to draw and actually like the drawing. I love chocolate. I love snails.

Your blurb sounds perfectly awesome. That is a book I would read. Definitely.

This is my blurb (I am constantly changing it), although I have no idea if I’ll even finish writing the book.

“Andette Perinous is the average 14 year old girl. She has red-gold hair, green eyes, and likes peace and quiet. She is a bit shy, and definitely does not enjoy running for her life. But that is what she is doing. Running alongside her is a boy with a monkey and a man who can’t speak. And the Creator, but He’s often not to be seen — especially when death is knocking at your door. And when you won’t open it, death makes itself welcome. Run girl, run.”

And there we have it.

Favorite books:

–THE WINGFEATHER SAGA (yup, we need to talk)

–The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings

–Sherlock Holmes; The Hound of the Baskersville

–Across Five Aprils

–Rifles for Waite

Favorite songs, currently– actually, just let me name musicians, otherwise you’ll be here all day:

–Andrew Peterson

–Johnny Cash

–The Gettys

–Brooks and Dunn

–Zack Brown Band

–Kenny Chesney

Nice to meet you.

I know you got mountains to climb,
            But always stay humble and kind -- Tim McGraw

Anne of Lothlorien
            @anne-of-lothlorien

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer *waves* Good to see you too!

@ericawordsmith
              – *LOTS OF HUGS* It’s lovely to read your words, girl. And Pride and Prejudice!!! I’m reading it again for the eight-bajillionth time. πŸ˜€ I haven’t reached the part with Mr. Collins yet, but yes, he’s hilarious!

@wingiby-iggiby
              – Nice to meet you too. My favorite colors are deep red, deep blue, black, silver, turquoise, and coral. I have no pets, but six siblings. I live in IN and I have short brown hair and green eyes. πŸ™‚

Your book characters sound awesome! I’d definitely read that one.

I don’t recognize the last two books on your favorites list… what are they about?

Oooh, Andrew Peterson, yes. Good music, yes, yes.

My favorite musicians… Andrew Peterson, For King and Country, Sleeping at Last, and I love soundtrack music.

And lastly… WINGFEATHER WINGFEATHER WINGFEATHER!!!!! πŸ˜€

I adore them. I first listened to them with my parents and two of my brothers as audio books years ago and I’ve been in love ever since. The characters, the humor, the soul-scratching deepness… AUGH THEY ARE AMAZING AND I AM SO GLAD TO HAVE SOMEONE ELSE TO FANGIRL WITH!!!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Who are your favorite characters? I love Artham and Janner very much. They’re all so amazing if I listed more I would end up listing everyone. XD

Mischievous Thwapling
              @mischievous-thwapling

@anne-of-lothlorien

Hello! Welcome! Or, should I say welcomeΒ back?Β 

It sounds like we have a lot in common:Β  I’m also short, I have brown hair, I have six sibling as well, and I also LOOOOOOOOOVE the WINGFEATHER SAGA!!Β  (Do you get my user name, then? Hint, hint, Podo hates me πŸ˜› ) Some of my favorite characters are also Janner and Artham.Β  Here’s a list of some I love (Not necessarily in this particular order, though.Β  I don’t think I have an order for them):

Artham

Janner

Kalmar

Gammon

Maraly

Oskar N. Reteep “Appreciator Of All Things Neat, Strange, And/Or Yummy.”

Man, as I named those characters, I got this strange, fluttery feeling in my chest, the one I almost always get when I think about the Wingfeather Saga…. Almost like my heart swells. (That sounds kinda stupid but I can’t explain it any other way)

I’m not going to name my favorite books; it would take me six hours…..

Um, I’m HORRIBLE at the blurb thing.. But my WIP is fantasy for sure.Β  Your’s sounds so interesting.Β  If there’s any way I could ever read it, please tell me! πŸ˜€

Uh, I feel like I’m forgetting to say something, but I can’t remember what… I’m definitely a scatter-brain.
                Any who, I’m really excited to get to know you!!! (And to have another Wingfeather Saga friend! πŸ˜€ )

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader ~RF

Gracie
                @kimlikesart

@anne-of-lothlorien

Hi!

Again, I liked your poem. (: I love how you re-introduced yourself.

( @wingiby-iggiby I know you weren’t talking to me…but, I also loved how you introduced yourself. (:

Back to Lady Anne, if that’s a form of your name that will work. (:

I am average height (for a girl who’s stopped growing) I suppose. I have silky blonde hair that comes to the small of my back (which I really love, and hope I never lose). I have dark brown eyes that match my dog’s. (She’s really sweet.) (:

I have one sister, and two parents.

I love Jesus

Yes!!!

Some questions: Why do you love Him? Would you mind sharing how you accepted Him as your Lord/Savior/Friend?

books…books…books…books…books…books…books…books…Including books.

(: Books! Wow. I love them sooo much. (:

Some favorites:

(The Bible…that’sΒ  sixty… Okay, so, Genesis/Daniel/Proverbs/Psalms/James/Matthew) for favorites. (:

What are yours?

β€˜The Auschwitz Escape’ by Joel C. Roesenberg (Historical-Fiction)

β€˜The River of Time Series’ by Lisa T. Bergren (Fantasy/Historical-Fiction)

β€˜Wars of The Realm’ Trilogy by Chuck Black (Contemporary-Fiction/Action/Suspense)

β€˜The Mark of The Lion’ Trilogy by Francine Rivers (Historical-Fiction)

Out of two-hundred(ish) books, these have stuck out the most. (:

If you are interested, I can describe these few… (:

writing

Your blurb was good…(Before this I didn’t know what a blurb was.) *slightly embarrassed look*

graphic design

*even more embarrassed look* Is that where people design graphs? *Nervous, sorry smile*

Disney

My favorite Disney movies are from Pixar (Cars, Monster’s Inc., Toy Story, Finding Nemo) What are yours?

music

Some of my current favorite songs –

– Seven, by Sleeping at Last / Just listened for the first time. It was surprisingly good. (: I’m sharing it with a friend.

– A Thousand Years / Just listened for the first time. Again, surprisingly good. πŸ™‚

– Priceless, by For King and Country / Good, listened again as a refresher.

– Can’t Help Falling in Love / Elvis Presley… I’ve heard before. (:

– Lost Boy, by Ruth B. / First time again. It was good. πŸ™‚

Four favorite songs? Whew…

‘I Have Seen Him’ Dallyn Vails

‘How Many Kings’ Downhere (Though historically inaccurate, I love the chorus.) (:

‘Come Ye Sinners Poor and Needy’ Fernando Ortega

‘The Chain of Love’ Clay Walker (I’m going to write a book off that.)

And… one two more?

‘Reel Around The Sun’ Bill Whelan

‘City of Sorrows’ Fernando Ortega

And there are so many more! (In genres not touched here as well.)

poetry

Do you have any poetry/poetry books you suggest? My book shelves are lacking in that area. (:

roller coasters

Yes. The bigger the better. Ninety degree angles…but not upside-down. (: (I’m funny that way.)

So yeah, that’s worse than I remembered.

It wasn’t that bad.

*blanks on everything I have ever ever-ed i my life*…

*Nodd* That happens to me when speaking with people in person… Believe it or not, I get horribly tongue-tied, mind-wiped, and depending on the situation, I stutter incoherently.

(But, as you can tell, I can write and write and write.) Sorry about how long this is.

– Pride and Prejudice

On my shelf, haven’t read yet, but, it’s on my shelf. (: I will read it.

– Martin Hospitality

I just read the synopsis, looks good.

– Lord of the Rings

Haven’t read, though, I own it…Not on my shelf. In my closet…the whole series actually. Actually planned/plan to re-gift… *Sheepish nervous smile* Talk me out of it?

It’s not the size on the books I hasten to add! I love big/thick books! (It gives me a greater sense of accomplishment.) (:

And, to borrow your statement, ‘that is the basics of me’/what I like.

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

Mischievous Thwapling
                  @mischievous-thwapling

Oops, meant Fan, instead of friend.Β  “Wingfeather Saga friend” doesn’t make a whole lot of sense XD

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader ~RF

Wingiby Iggiby
                    @wingiby-iggiby

@anne-of-lothlorien

Nice to meet you too. My favorite colors are deep red, deep blue, black, silver, turquoise, and coral. I have no pets, but six siblings. I live in IN and I have short brown hair and green eyes. πŸ™‚

That is a really cool color list ya got there πŸ˜‰ And wow. You’ve got yourself a whole gang. Are you a Throne Warden, High Queen, Song Maiden, or Lore Wain? I’m a Throne Warden and proud of it. And I used to live in Illinois! Right next door. πŸ˜‰

Your book characters sound awesome! I’d definitely read that one.

*bows* thank you! And if it is ever finished, I’ll tag you.

I don’t recognize the last two books on your favorites list… what are they about?

They are books on the Civil War. Across Five Aprils is about the Creighton family and their joys and sorrows in Southern Illinois during that turbulant time. Rifles for Waite is about a boy who joins the Union and has many narrow escapes, and then ends up in a rebel camp as a prisoner. It’s a great read; you get a point of view from both perspectives, and it sheds a light on a little known part of the war.

Oooh, Andrew Peterson, yes. Good music, yes, yes.

Totally, period.

And lastly… WINGFEATHER WINGFEATHER WINGFEATHER!!!!! πŸ˜€

I can go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on — cutting myself off– about this amazing saga. “The characters, the humor, the soul-scratching deepness…” You’ve just hit the nail on the head. Perfect. I love Artham, and of course Janner. I can really connect with him. I also love Kalmar (who couldn’t?), Esben, Leeli — and everyone else (mean EVERYBODY), including Gnag. His story is heart breaking, but it’s the best and I feel sorry for him. I do.

The Stories Are True. They really are.

Wingiby Iggiby
                      @wingiby-iggiby

@kimlikesart

Thank you! I’m glad I wasn’t overly dull, lol.

That rhymes. He he. πŸ˜›

Anne of Lothlorien
                        @anne-of-lothlorien

@mischievous-thwapling Thank you for the welcome! It’s good to be back. (Just curious, are you a boy or a girl?? You don’t have to tell, but I like to have it in my brain who I’m talking to. :P) Are your siblings all girls or boys or both? Where do you fall in line? I have three brothers and three sisters. I’m the second eldest, and eldest girl.

ANOTHER WINGFEATHER FAN!!!!!!! This is a glorious day!!!!!! I don’t know many people in person who have read them, despite my efforts at getting them to, so it’s awesome to meet people online who share my love *coughobsessioncough* πŸ˜€

What a marvelous tag!!! That’s hysterical and very inventive. No stealing my totatoes now, ya hear? XD Nor the sugarberries either. *stern pirate-y look*

It does not sound stupid to say your heart swells, not. At. All. That may be one of the best ways I’ve heard of describing those books. I’ve never quite been able to. All my attempts to my friends end up in all caps with a lot of ‘lakfjdsalfksjaf;sdf’-ing and flailing in despair that I can’t adequately describe them. πŸ˜›

Have you ever heard the audio books of the Winfeather Saga? The first two are narrated by Peter Sandon, who does a fairly good job, but Andrew Peterson himself does the last two, which is perfect!!!!! cause I like them better and he brings so much heart and feeling to his own works. LOVE EM LOVE EM LOVE EM!!!!! Sorry I just get so excited. πŸ˜€
                          Maybe you could just name a few favorite books? I’m always looking for new material. πŸ˜€
                          Well, if I ever finish the book I’ll definitely put up an announcement here, and probably look for beta readers. I’ll keep you in mind. πŸ˜‰ It’s only on the seventh chapter though, so it’ll probably be a while. πŸ˜›

Wingfeather Saga friend doesn’t sound weird. I kinda use that phrasing a lot. I have ‘Disney friends’ and ‘writing friends’ and ‘Lord of the Rings friends’… so I can have a ‘Wingfeather Saga friend’ too. πŸ˜€

Anne of Lothlorien
                          @anne-of-lothlorien

@kimlovesart

Hello over here too! πŸ˜€ Lady Anne is perfectly acceptable. I respond to pretty much about anything, including ‘Lady’, ‘that weird girl’, and ‘hey, you’. πŸ˜€

Does it sound really weird that I want to sit down and play with your hair for a while? It sounds so beautiful! I love pretty hair, and making braids and things. Just a weird quirk thing of mine. πŸ™‚ My hair is light brown and shiny, but it’s so short right now I can’t do anything with it beyond waving it with a curling iron. πŸ˜›

Aw, a dog! What’s her name? And what’s your sister’s name? Is she older or younger?

Why do I love Jesus… WELL we could be here all day. πŸ˜€ But seriously… because without Him… I’ve got nothing. I am nothing. He is the only way I have hope for my eternity. He has done everything for me. He has never turned me away even when I’ve been the worst I’ve been. He is there, He is love, and He is holding me so tightly and I never want to be let go. And I know I won’t. πŸ™‚

I was probably six or seven when I became a Christian… I don’t remember an exact date because I was so young, and that kinda makes me sad. I grew up in a Christian family, my parents and older brother were saved, we went to church every week, etc. It was never really personal though, until a Bible school one summer at our church when the teacher replaced ‘the world’ in John 3:16 with ‘your name’. It became ‘For God so loved ‘Anne’ that He sent His only begotten Son…’. Right then I got it… it was for me. Salvation and God’s love was for me. I went out with a group of kids that wanted to pray for salvation and on a little wooden bench outside the sanctuary doors I became a Christian and I have never once ever regretted it since. πŸ™‚

Favorite Bible books are Esther, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Ephesians, James, and 1 Peter. (You can never pick just one can you?? :D)

I’ve heard of the first three of those books… but the Francine Rivers one I haven’t. What’re they about? I’m actually just reading one of her books right now, The Atonement Child. Have you read it? It’s soooo good. A hard read, but soooo good. It’s probably inching up to a place on my favorites list. πŸ˜€

You don’t need to be embarrassed for not knowing something. Otherwise everyone’d have to be embarrassed all the time! πŸ˜€ Graphic design is using the computer to create something, generally art. It’s used for book covers and illustrations and comic books and advertisements and a whole assortment of things. I generally use it for creating collages, more on the simple side since my skills aren’t that advanced. Here’s one of my all-time favorite collages so you can get an idea…

My favorite Disney movies are… Big Hero 6, Onward, Tangled, and Beauty and the Beast. Zooptopia and Coco are up there too. Pretty much all the Pixar’s are great as well, except Brave. Sorry if you like one, but I thought it wasn’t that good. πŸ˜›

All of the Sleeping at Last songs are very good. I also love ‘Daughter’ and ‘I’ll Keep You Safe’. I’ve never heard of one of those songs you mentioned. I took a picture of all the names and I plan to look them up soon. πŸ˜‰ Always looking for my new favorite.
                            Um, poetry books… I do enjoy Robert Frost. Specific books of his, I don’t know titles. Reduced to Joy by Mark Nepo is very good too, though, warning, there are a few swear words.

Oh you like roller coasters too! Awesome! I’ll do anything. I’ve never not tried a ride and I’ve never not liked anything I’ve been on. πŸ˜€ My brothers and I are actually going to a coaster park soon, at the end of August and I am sooo excited!

Don’t apologize for how long you write! I’m glad to talk for ages, anywhere. I haven’t talked this much online is a long time, and it’s bringing back amazing memories of a few years ago when I was on here more often. πŸ™‚

Martin Hospitality also has a sequel, Martin Legacy. I just bought it, so I’m only on chapter four, but I guarantee it’ll be good as well. Definitely get to Pride and Prejudice as soon as you can! It’s one of my favorite romances.

Lord of the Rings… *takes deep breath* Can I scream you out of it? CAUSE DON’T GET RID OF THEM BEFORE YOU KEEP THEM NO NO NO READ THEM THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!! *calms down* I get that it can be daunting to start a three book series of astronomical proportions and flowery language, but I promise you it will be well worth however much time you put into it. Have you seen the movies? They don’t do them justice. The characters, the language, the history and epicness, the heart and soul, the solemn and dangerous, yet beautiful and glorious portrayal of the ancient struggle between that which is good and that which is evil… *gulps down more screaming* I promise they are astounding. You can learn so much. Feel so much. Relate so much. Laugh so much. Cry and sob so much. Okay, don’t get scared by the crying. It means it’s good. Really, really, really good. Please, my friend, give them a shot.

Anne of Lothlorien
                            @anne-of-lothlorien

@wingiby-iggiby – I’m The High Queen. I… don’t quite know how good a queen I’d be, but I guess not knowing is part of it, right? My older brother would be my Throne Warden, and then another brother would be the Song… Lad? What are they called if they’re boys?? And then three Lore Wains. πŸ˜€

Where do you live now?

I might look up those books. Historical fiction isn’t my top favorite, but I do enjoy it.
                              Some of my favorite Andrew Peterson songs are ‘World Traveler’, ‘Labor of Love’, and ‘Mystery of Mercy’. What about you?

Let’s just say it again… WINGFEATHER WINGFEATHER WINGFEATHER!!!!! πŸ˜€ Isn’t it just so awesome to have people that love it as much as you?!?!!

Yes, all those people I adore… and Sarah, and Gammon, and Maraly, and Armulen, and yes, even poor Gnag. I cried for him so much. :'( The stories are indeed true… I was trying to win a friend over to fiction and fantasy books and I told him a line I’d emailed to a friend… “Just because the stories aren’t real doesn’t mean they’re not true, and when you realize that, it’s the beginning of something amazing.”

This is another way I described how Wingfeather made me feel… it’s a little dramatic …
                              “It breaks your heart and stomps on the pieces and you feel like your life will never be the same again. The tears won’t stop. Everything is dark and hopeless. Then the story reaches down with gentle hands and pieces together the broken bits of your heart with the healing of the kingdom and the hope of the first well, and that’s when you realize that this story breaks and heals because that’s life, that’s what it is, and it’s only because of the pain and heartbreak that you can see how very precious and beautiful the life and the healing is and it just about kills you with the deep beauty of it all.”

That’s the best I’ve done at describing these books. It was originally in all caps with many spelling errors because it was texted to a friend through tears when i finished reading the last one again. πŸ˜€

P.S. I love your signature. Nice job of changing the song lyrics. πŸ˜‰ I used to sing ‘God is great, books are good, and people are crazy.’ XD

Anne of Lothlorien
                              @anne-of-lothlorien

@wingiby-iggiby – I’m The High Queen. I… don’t quite know how good a queen I’d be, but I guess not knowing is part of it, right? My older brother would be my Throne Warden, and then another brother would be the Song… Lad? What are they called if they’re boys?? And then three Lore Wains. πŸ˜€

Where do you live now?

I might look up those books. Historical fiction isn’t my top favorite, but I do enjoy it.

Some of my favorite Andrew Peterson songs are ‘World Traveler’, ‘Labor of Love’, and ‘Mystery of Mercy’. What about you?

Let’s just say it again… WINGFEATHER WINGFEATHER WINGFEATHER!!!!! πŸ˜€ Isn’t it just so awesome to have people that love it as much as you?!?!!

Yes, all those people I adore… and Sarah, and Gammon, and Maraly, and Armulen, and yes, even poor Gnag. I cried for him so much. :'( The stories are indeed true… I was trying to win a friend over to fiction and fantasy books and I told him a line I’d emailed to a friend… “Just because the stories aren’t real doesn’t mean they’re not true, and when you realize that, it’s the beginning of something amazing.”

This is another way I described how Wingfeather made me feel… it’s a little dramatic …

“It breaks your heart and stomps on the pieces and you feel like your life will never be the same again. The tears won’t stop. Everything is dark and hopeless. Then the story reaches down with gentle hands and pieces together the broken bits of your heart with the healing of the kingdom and the hope of the first well, and that’s when you realize that this story breaks and heals because that’s life, that’s what it is, and it’s only because of the pain and heartbreak that you can see how very precious and beautiful the life and the healing is and it just about kills you with the deep beauty of it all.”

That’s the best I’ve done at describing these books. It was originally in all caps with many spelling errors because it was texted to a friend through tears when i finished reading the last one again. πŸ˜€

P.S. I love your signature. Nice job of changing the lyrics. πŸ˜‰ I always sang, “God is great, books are good, and people are crazy” XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest