fb

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's … just me.

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself It's a bird! It's a plane! It's … just me.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

Oh bother. I’m changing my photo back. I like that first one better.

HAPPY WRITING!!

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kr-lalonde, hi! Nice to meet you! 🙂

Oh, sorry about that injury. Hope everything goes well with that.

I haven’t really made any covers, though that probably would be fun.

Random Stranger: "What do you want to do when you grow up?"
    Me: "Write every inch of your future."

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

I have another discussion going where I shared a couple if you’d like to see them. Or I can share some here. It’s up to you.

Oh, sorry. Nice to meet you, too!

HAPPY WRITING!!

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kr-lalonde, sorry for not responding soon.

Okay, I’ll go check out that other discussion sometime. 🙂

Random Stranger: "What do you want to do when you grow up?"
    Me: "Write every inch of your future."

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

I’m sorry to say it’s been too long for me to remember where, when & what I posted. Sorry. 🙁

HAPPY WRITING!!

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Written here</span>

Ruth sat on the cold ground, resting her back on the trunk of a tree and leaning her head back so as to ease the ache in her spine. Her hair had long since come loose from the messy pony tail from that morning,  Her arm pained her terribly, <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>jagged fingers</span> of fire radiating from the [jagged] tear now rendering the limb mostly useless.

Falling into that [ditch] was just plain bad luck, she grumbled inwardly. She then frowned and winced, trying to push the [pain] to the back of her mind.

My feet hurt, anyway. Ruth limped to the edge of the path again, settling onto a fallen log. She shifted away from an army of ants on the ground, not wanting them to use her for an obstacle for climbing. She leaned back without thinking about it, forgetting she had changed places, and nearly falling backward. She gasped as her legs flew up, grabbing the edge of the round, bark-covered cylinder with her bare hands she pulled herself back up.

That was close! Ruth winced feeling the scratches now marking her palms.

This is all I’m going to post for you right now. Thoughts?

HAPPY WRITING!!

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@kl-lalonde

Hello there! Nice to meet you and hear your story… seems like God has worked a lot in your life through trials. I’m sure someone else has already asked, but I’m too lazy for once to go find out if they have, so: what are your favorite books/authors nowadays? 🙂 And what is your favorite style of writing/genre? Again, I’m sure you’ve already answered this in some way… my apologies. Either way, welcome to StoryEmbers. As a newbie myself, I can’t wait to get to know you.

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

No, I’m afraid I haven’t written anything to completion. :'( Despite writing for over 10 years. I personally think I was pretty close to it before the TBI, but … well, it happened.

I’m actually not fully recovered. I have life-long difficulties now, but they’re minimal in comparison to even just a few years ago. I take advantage of any positives they afford me, that’s for sure.

Which means *blushes* I avoid things I hated before but didn’t really have any good/decent reason to avoid. Lol. But for the most part, I do the same things I did before.

Not being able to run anymore can sometimes be problematic. I can’t drive, but I couldn’t before it happened, too, so it’s no huge loss.

HAPPY WRITING!!

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

@hgm_barnes18

I will give you the longer answer – and I don’t remember if I’ve answered that question yet, but maybe.

My taste in books changed very little from age 5 to age 11. At 12 I started reading Christian mysteries (Mandie books, mostly), followed closely by Janette Oke books. I even corresponded with her for a time. Lovely lady. After that I had my TBI (age 18) and was “out of commission” until about 23 years of age. Now I read mostly Christian romances (with a side of suspense). Love-Inspired Suspense is my favorite genre right now. 🙂

No need to be apologetic.

HAPPY WRITING!!

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@kr-lalonde

Very nice. 🙂

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

@hgm_barnes18, I’m sorry for not responding sooner. I thought Story Embers was shut down, then put back up again. I’m honestly not sure anymore. I have an account here and on Kingdom Pen, but I’ve been trying to get rid of accounts I don’t use at all or much. I’m thinking this one is more active, but I’m not sure anyone is around anymore.

Thanks for the compliment. 🙂

HAPPY WRITING!!

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest