fb

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's … just me.

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself It's a bird! It's a plane! It's … just me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

Okay. I’ll admit I got a little carried away with the title. I was just trying to get people excited in meeting me. I may be “old”, but my brain is young….

Hi. My name is Kendra, but you can call me pretty much anything as long as it starts with a “K”. Well, except “late for dinner”. I hate being late for dinner. For anything, actually.

I’m actually nearly 34 years old, though I act, react and behave less maturely sometimes. I’m trying very hard to improve that, however.

Anyway, I started writing when I was roughly 14 years old. My parents have told me how my imagination started when I was quite young, though. My first story was written in 3rd grade. It had pictures and everything. I don’t know what happened to it, though. *shrugs*

In any case, I’ve been a reader since the age of 4 or 5, though I read more involved books and stories now–after all, at 33 it’s a requirement to read more than I am happy/sad. Or whatever. I read a lot of mysteries when I was a teenager. The Mandie books were my favorites. I had nearly every book in the series for a while.

Then, when I was 18, I had a TBI (trauma brain injury), which is like a stroke and an aneurysm in one. I was in the hospital for roughly 3 years (maybe 4), then the rehabilitation center. I then was permitted to live at home even though I was pretty much a vegetable for the first year or so. But my parents – especially my mom – worked hard to help me improve. Tough loveI believe we call it? *smiles sheepishly*

Anyway, I had to relearn walking, talking, eating … pretty much everything. Except for reading. I don’t think they had to “teach” me that.

Many things about who I am have changed since I was 18. A number of things are the same as they once were–my love for reading and writing, for one thing. My hope is to get something published soon that will honor and glorify God, as well as help others to see what they are missing their lives. Or just help those who already know Him to fortify their faith.

I admit that I sometimes struggle with that myself.

HAPPY WRITING!!

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@kr-lalonde
    Hello Kendra! We are excited to meet you! How were you introduced to Story Embers?
    I’m so glad you were able to recover from your injury, that sounds really scary. <3 God is so good.

What are your favorite genres to write in? I’m not really a writer (as my medium for storytelling is visual) but for some reason I tend to gravitate towards telling fantasy stories.  I like all genres though! (Except horror.. and romance.. and.. yeah.)

I liked the Mandy books too! I don’t think I ever read them all though.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Hey @kr-lalonde !

I’m not old, just 15, but then in my book “34” is not old at all. xD And funny thing, I know someone around your age named Kendra and she is the best. 🙂

You talked some about your favorite books as a kid, but what are some of your favorite books now? And what kinds of  books do you enjoy the most?

And Kendra, I’m so sorry to hear about what happened when you were eighteen – I can’t imagine going through that. It most have been so hard and I don’t think I would have been able to survive through that  – especially after watching my little sister go through something similar.

Anyways, glad you came and joined us “youngsters.” 😉

And what sort of things do you like to write?

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Hello again. 🙂 Welcome to SE!

All the good questions have been asked already. *sighs* I can’t think of anything else…?

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

I honestly thought I had introduced my writing in my “bio”, but I must be wrong. I apologize….

My main writing interest is Christian romance, and I’m trying to add suspenseful bits and pieces to those stories. But none of that is really going so well.

I heard about Story Embers from my writing friends at — what was it called?! I forgot already! And I was just on that site this morning. But Josiah DeGraaf was one of the lead members there. What was that site called? *strainer memory*

The Mandie books were some of the best, most wholesome Christian books in existence!! I doubt they’re still circulating… :'(

Oh, and I loved reading books by Janette Oke. I actually corresponded with her for a time before my TBI. Lovely woman. I had a lot of her books, too. I’ve also owned all 12 of the Left Behind books–good story-telling. They had a little bit of many genres in them, IMO. (that’s in my opinion, in case it’s a Facebook thing)

I’ve almost always wished I could draw. But my stick figures look like scribbles. I started working on book cover art using Photoshop and it was really enjoyable. I even sold a few covers. It was really cool. I couldn’t keep using Photoshop, though. Paying a small fee every month was getting too expensive. If I had sold any more covers I would have kept on using it. ($900 to BUY it is just a little too much)

I could say more – any other questions? – but I’ll be quiet….for now. 🙂

HAPPY WRITING!!

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

That’s okay, Elizabeth. 🙂

HAPPY WRITING!!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@kr-lalonde Was it Young Writer’s Workshop or Kingdom Pen perhaps where you heard about Story Embers?

And I read the Mandie book all the time a couple years ago! Between my sisters and I, we own twenty-five of them. xD

Are you planning on joining any guilds Kendra?

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

@Evelyn, YES! I was actually a member of both for a brief period of time. It was Kingdom Pen where I learned of this site.

As to joining any guilds … isn’t that what we’re all basically here for anyway? *grins*

HAPPY WRITING!!

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@kr-lalonde, Welcome, welcome!! It’s cool to have you here!!!

Are you still apart of the YYW?

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@kr-lalonde

Yup! 🙂

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

@Parker Hankins

I’m afraid not. When I switched computers I forgot to write everything down. I think Josiah told me they were shutting down Kindom Pen, too. I haven’t been on YWW in some time. Part of me actually misses it!

HAPPY WRITING!!

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

So, about sharing my writing / submitting things. How do I do it? And would it be all right if I just post some “bits and pieces” here in this thread, is it better to start a whole separate thread, or am I better off not sharing it? I admit, though, that sharing my writing doesn’t bother me all that much.

HAPPY WRITING!!

KR LaLonde
    @kr-lalonde

#parker, I actually thought about that as the name for one of my characters!

HAPPY WRITING!!

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@kr-lalonde

Hey there! Welcome… they call me Wordsmith… I am a writer primarily, but play a little music, and scribble every now and then.

We are so glad you’re here, and it’s amazing that you recovered from the injury. Are you fully recovered?

Also… We have a topic where we talk about writing christian romance if you’d like to take a peek at it:  https://storyembers.org/forums/topic/christian-romance/

Have you ever written any full length works? Or maybe ever some short stories?

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@evelyn

I like your profile pic!

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest