Is my story to dark?

Forums Fiction Themes Is my story to dark?

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author

I always find it ironic in stories when the villain simultaneously tries to rule and destroy the world. Sorry Villy, it just doesn’t work.

PREACH IT. 😛

@sarah-inkdragon

INFP-A. If you can't be brilliant, odd will do.

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@kate

XD! Some villains…. *shakes head*

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

WarrenLuther04
    @warrenluther04

As always, I’m really really late. 😐 Ah well, better late than never, I suppose….

@sarah-inkdragon
    I think it would be fine. I mean, Tolkien and Lewis’ writings had some very dark elements in them, but they are still some of the greatest fiction works on the planet. I mean, it’s not like you’re promoting evil practices or anything. I’d say that as long as you give slivers of hope throughout your novel and as long as what’s good and righteous prevails in the end, you should be fine. After all, I doubt that readers want to read a hopeless novel in which evil prevails. 🙂

That said, I am not fifteen yet, so I will unfortunately have this be my only advice-giving post on this forum. Even if I were fifteen, I’d probably leave this as my only advice-giving post here because my imagination gets carried away if I read/watch scary stuff and I get paranoid. 😐 Hmm…maybe there are other peeps on here that could though…

There you have it. My one blurb of advice. (Although I’m not as good as giving advice as some people. I’ll tag someone I know who is good at giving English advice.) Hope that helps!

Here’s the tag for the advice-giver: @sparrow65

Okie I’m out now. *bounds away after a squirrel*

House Vizsla, Clan Avis
    Member of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, Phoenix Squadron
    ENFJ-T

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@warrenluther04

Thanks for the advice! As for hopeless novels…. they suck. So don’t worry, this one’s got plenty of hope. 😉

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

@sarah-inkdragon hmm… a Villain’s Council Room? Evil Overlord Clubhouse? Epic Antagonist Tower? A villain’s thread would be quite fun 😉

~ Khylie
    "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

@morreafirebird I vote yes for a villain’s thread. My little villain needs some serious help…

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

@elizabeth ooh, perhaps it should be in the main forum then. I was thinking just in separate guilds, but the more evil masterminds together, the…eviller? Something like that 😉

~ Khylie
    "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

@morreafirebird I’m so in.

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest