fb

Introductory Post I Only Just Realized Was Obligatory

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Introductory Post I Only Just Realized Was Obligatory

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BookDragon
    @bookdragon

Hi! How’s it going? You can call me by my whole handle (though that would be odd considering what it is), parts of my handle (which would sound less strange), or Liz (because that’s my name).

I have been writing stuff for over 10 years now and am just now trying to get published. I’m also realizing that I don’t understand how to interpret what magazines and publishers want. It’s really frustrating.

That’s why I came here. I want to become a better writer in all the genres that I love writing so that I can share my stories with others in a more meaningful way than I can now. Be ready for much advice asked for and much advice given!

"In a world full of bookworms, be a book dragon."
    - he who made the T-shirt

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

Hi, Liz! Nice to meet you. What genres do you write in? Do you have a particular book manuscript you’re trying to publish?

BookDragon
    @bookdragon

Hi! I write in all kinds of genres, but my favorite is mystery. Though I dearly wish I were more proficient at fantasy, I tend to try too hard to depart from the real world and it makes it hard to suspend disbelief. I was also recently inspired to write poetry again, which I used to really love. Now that I see what everyone publishes, I find myself rather discouraged because I really don’t get it. I just got my first book edited and I’m trying to figure out how I want to publish it while I work on the sequel. I’m also drafting a fantasy book that’s proving to be a struggle.

"In a world full of bookworms, be a book dragon."
    - he who made the T-shirt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest