Introducing…The Dhilorwis Saga!!!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Introducing…The Dhilorwis Saga!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@cassie-hartfinh

Yay! That is awesome! Great job! πŸ™‚

I read the first couple of chapters that I had printed off last night. Hopefully we can get a printer asap and I can print the rest off so Hannah and Hosanna can read it, as well.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@silverclaw-bonnetfolly That’s totally okay; I don’t expect you to devote your entire existence to this thing. That’s what having a whole group of beta-readers is supposed to help make up for. Just do whatever you feel like and are comfortable with. Hope you enjoy whatever amount you end up reading!

Ahyek nahd feltin'or rempak.
    I'm not promising anything.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@cassie-hartfinh Okay, I started reading it and it looks cool! …but something came up, and I won’t be able to help. Sorry to bail out! πŸ˜›

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@evelyn That’s totally fine!! Thanks for at least wanting to read it. That says I’m on the right track as a writer, right? πŸ˜› Have fun with whatever life just threw at you! (Or, if it’s bad, hope you get through it okay.)

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@cassie-hartfinh Yep! You’re on the right track. Good luck! πŸ˜€

(And no, not bad. Just time-consuming. Thanks. :))

Steward of the Pen
    @steward-of-the-pen

@cassie-hartfinh

*scrambles in very late*

This looks like fun! I would love to help out and I really wish I could, but I’m not in the position to right now because of my heavy course load. I hope you have a blast with your story, Cassie! May the words of your heart never fail you. πŸ˜‰

Dashuri Halad
    @christlover

@cassie-harfinh

Well I am super late, but would it be OK if I join? It sounds like a really great story.

ENTP
    β€œIt is nothing to die. It is frightful not to live.”
    -Les Miserables

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@christlover

O’ course, my friend! I need a couple more beta readers. You’ll find the first few chapters on this

Google Doc. I haven’t written in it for awhile now, because life happened. BUT, I can feel the winds of inspiration beginning to stir once again, so everybody stay tuned!

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@selah-chelyah @ashira @ariella-newheart @evelyn @therealameliahoch @christlover

…I believe an apology and a free virtual pizza party are in order.

Six months and two weeks ago, as my Story Embers profile so tactfully reminds me, I began this forum thread in an attempt to garner beta readers for my first fantasy story, The Dhilorwis Saga, Book 1. At the time, I was barely 50,000 words in, or about halfway through. You guys were all excited to read my story and provide feedback, and for all you have done already since then, I can never thank you enough.

However, over the course of those six months, I ran into a host of problems which caused me to be unable to add to my story consistently and in a timely manner. Those problems included a lack of inspiration, writer’s block, getting laid off from my job, spending a month being unemployed and scrambling to get a new job, becoming too busy when I finally did get a new job, then switching jobs again because, praise the Lord, I landed my career at my library, and to top it all off, the Shadows were constantly chasing me around and infecting me with endless bouts of depression throughout all these events. These past 6 months have been absolutely insane, and quite the hectic rollercoaster. For not writing as much as I could have and for keeping you all waiting this long, guys, I am so so sorry and I hope you can forgive me. *throws pizza party peace offering*

BUT!!! This post is not all rainclouds and soggy sandwiches!! (because ew.) I am ecstatic to announce that I have overcome all of these struggles, I have grown so much over the past half-year, and YES, I have FINISHED BOOK 1 AT LAST!!!! The entire Dhilorwis novel has finally been uploaded onto the Google Doc, and is ready for you to read! That is, if you are all still available. If not, I thank you for all you have done up to this point.

BUT IF YOU ARE READY FOR ADVENTURE, then please follow the link at the bottom of this post, read my book, tear it to shreds, comment, point out every flaw, suggest as many corrections as possible, laugh, cry, and have a good swordfight or two!! And please comment at least once so I know who has dedicated their precious time to reading my precious project. πŸ˜‰ Also, if you could have it all beta-read by the end of 2019, that’d be EPIC!!

From now on, in order to never cause this kind of inconvenience again, I will only ask for beta readers AFTER I’ve written the ENTIRE FIRST DRAFT of my book. I have learned the hard way.

Thanks guys! Enjoy the story–but more importantly, help me make it as perfect as possible! Because guess what?? I want to pitch it to a REAL LIVE CHRISTIAN PUBLISHER!!!

Farewell for now, fellow Wonderments!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C8MsLwUKaKtzVuCnAJ2uZwxvl0W1aJYDVbsRXA9F3Rg/edit?usp=sharing

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

Ah. Did I neglect to mention that Dhilorwis has a map now?😏

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@cassie-hartfinh Woah… CONGRATS

WELCOME BACK

*showers you in confetti*

I’ve been wondering where you disappeared too. πŸ˜€

Congratulations! That is sooo exciting!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@cassie-hartfinh Also, amazing map!

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@cassie-hartfinh Ok, cool map!Β  Also, life has been hectic but I will try to get this done by the end of the year.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

The Writing Falcon
    @millennium

Oh! May I do it?

Ten million fireflies

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@millennium

Sure!! Go ahead and follow the link I left in the post above!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest