fb

Introducing Myself

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Introducing Myself

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    @mark-kamibaya

Hey guys! My name is Mark Kamibaya and I’m a filmmaker/storyteller. I’ve always loved stories but especially those in the form of film. However, I have been writing short stories for as long as I can remember. Glad to join this forum

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@mark-kamibaya Hi, I am Ariel.  Welcome to SE!

Neat.  What genre do you like to write?  Can I ask how old you are?

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@mark-kamibaya Welcome to Story Embers, Mark! Where do you hail from? I live in the mountainous beauty of Idaho. 🙂 How did you find S.E.? What kinds of writing/filmmaking do you do?

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Mark
    @mark-kamibaya

@selah-chelyah @ashira I enjoy writing in the genre of “realistic fiction.” It’s fiction that best reflects occurrences of day to day life. However, I enjoy stories in just about any genre. I found Story Embers after I found out that Kingdom Pen shut down or something like that. And jysk I’m from South Carolina and I’m 19 years old. What type of stories do ya’ll write?

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@mark-kamibaya A film maker? That’s so cool! Are you working on any major film projects right now?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@mark-kamibaya, cool! I write mostly historical fiction. Do you have any favorite authors?

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Samantha Farrar
    @samantha-pen

@mark-kamibaya

Hi, and welcome… Even though I only joined yesterday. Realistic fiction I don’t know that I have heard that as a genre before but I know exactly what you mean. I write historical fiction because it’s about our past and story and that is such a huge part of who we are. Plus I just love history. Are you going to college for film making???

*A passionate ENFP author, in training for Christ.*

Anonymous

@mark-kamibaya,

Hey! I’m Millennium here with my dragon.

Looks at Moondust as he walks out.

Or was here with him.

Anyway, My Favorite genres are Si-Fi and Fantasy. So, you like filmmaking? I’ve put together a few fun things with iMovie, but that’s all.

So, what are your hobbies, fav movies, books, stuff like that?

Mark
    @mark-kamibaya

@the-fledgling-artist @samantha-pen I’m currently studying film at a Christian university so I have a lot of school-related film projects. For one, I’m assistant director for a senior film (the film that decides whether or not a senior can graduate). And I’m shooting a film project on 16mm film (like the not digital kind) in a couple days. It’s pretty exciting stuff.

@selah-chelyah
      I enjoy historical fiction. Usually in film form, but I’ve read a few historical fiction novels. As far as authors go, the first non-screenwriter author that comes to mind is Ernest Hemingway.

@millennium-m I just really like film honestly. I like more grounded, realistic films . . . but I still enjoy fantasy and sci-fi. I did have a sci-fi novel that I was writing in high-school. The second draft was like 500 pages long and could’ve been longer . . . that’s when I realized my talents were better used in film than prose.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@mark-kamibaya  I write primarily historical fiction.  I love history!  Realistic fiction is awesome, too!  Have you ever been published?

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@mark-kamibaya Wow! So cool! ! I bet that’s a lot of work, but it just sounds so neat!

Grace
    @h-jones

Welcome, Mark! 😀 Glad to have you! Really neat that you’re into film—my brothers are too, so I know a bit. I actually want to end up being an animator or a video game designer, but for now I’m just sticking to writing. xD What’s your favorite movie?

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@h-jones You want to be an animator??  That’s so cool! <3 If you’re serious about animation I know of a couple super helpful tutorials on Youtube for learning how to animate. :3  Both are kind of long, but they helped me quit a bit.

Grace
    @h-jones

@the-fledgling-artist Indeed. 🙂 Sadly I don’t have much time to invest in it since there are a whole lotta other things going on, but I would love to hear about the videos! Thank you! 😀

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Grace.

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@h-jones Oh that’s too bad. I hope you’re able to find some time for it eventually.
    Here are the videos I mentioned.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDqjIdI4bF4  (This one is about 20 minutes long and is about the “12 principles of animation”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48pwrr4gPOA (This one is 25 minutes and is a tutorial for animating in a free art program called Krita. 🙂 )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.