fb

Introduce Your Story (again)

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Introduce Your Story (again)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Erynne
    @erynne

@arindown

Hey! Sorry, Lona and I kinda took over your thread, so here’s a new one! You had a good and very helpful idea and it needs to be brought back to SE.

So just like the original, this thread is for introducing your main Work-In-Progress (theme collages, blurb, MC profile, word-count, random facts, etc.) so everyone can enjoy the ideas and encourage each-other.

Get writing about your writing!

I’ll just tag a few people who may be interested

@this-is-not-an-alien
    @emma-walker @rose-colored-fancy @absolutely anyone

"There are no mistakes, only happy accidents."
    -Bob Ross

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Oooh oki… which one of my many wips should I do…? Hmmm. XD

okay… so I guess my main fiction book that I’m working on right now, is a fantasy retelling of the book of Esther. Right now I’m only calling it Esthelle’s story, but I have no idea for an actual title yet. Maybe The Lepaian Queen or Lattean queen or something idk.

As of now it’s only 10k words, but I hope after all the stuff I cram into it it’ll be novel length.
    doesn’t have a blurb yet, I’m not much for collages, but I may come back and introduce the main characters.

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne thanks for tagging me btw

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker

That sounds awesome! You definitely need to do a collage sometime 😜 They’re fun to make and can be super helpful.

-Bob Ross

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne I should

Lona
    @lonathecat

Ah yes, sorry about taking over the thread. I’ll restrain myself on this one. 🙂

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Ooh, this sounds fun thanks for inviting me! I’m super bad at blurbs so I’m gonna start there XD.

My main WIP is a high fantasy-thriller about a fugitive prince with C-PTSD (Complex-Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) following a puzzle-trail to the missing Temple ruins where people born with special abilities used to train. While the Temple was there gifteds used to use their powers to guide and protect others but as practice the old religion eroded the power got to their heads hence the Great War, during which ‘normal’ people found ways to bypass and even deactivate powers. So now gifteds are a near extinct subclass some of which gravitate to terrorist secret guilds increasing guild and racial friction in the midst of a years long war between the two axis kingdoms of Casumbra.
    The theme pivots on addressing abuse, particularly psychological and authentic love verses co-dependency, manipulation, infatuation etc. It also questions the line between right and wrong particularly under duress and extreme situations. One of the bigger threads is respect; every character has different goals, dreams, and world-views and my story pushes how far does love respect other people’s decisions even if they’re self-injurious.
    Right now I’m at draft twenty-billion XD, I’ve been working on it four-going-on-five years…
    What’s a collage? (I’m assuming it’s not exactly a type of school here XD)

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@this-is-not-an-alien

Your story sounds soooo cooooollllll

Also a collage is a picture with a bunch of pictures and quotes about your story, or certain characters. Other people probably could explain better than me since I’ve technically never made one lol.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@erynne Haha, it was no problem that you and Lona got chatting.

@emma-walker
    @this-is-not-an-alien Your stories sound amazing.🤩

Not all who wander are lost.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@arindown your name is cool. And thanks!

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Hey so I thought I’d hop on and add the nonfiction book I’m working on as well.

it’s a Christian nonfiction called The 10 Unchangeables.

it goes down hopefully in depth of a list of the ten things that God has given you that you cannot change, no matter what society thinks or how much you try.

Ella
    @writergirl101

hiya people!  okkk, let’s see…  my current WIP is called When Dark Dreams Burned Crystal Cities and since i don’t have a blurb yet, i’ll give a little summary:

Helen, Ari, and Olivia are all some of the most adept minds to chase the rebels through the layers of the mind.  Born into a virtual reality (weird…) in totally different situations in life, tragedy drives all of them to pursue the rebels, who are trying to break down the mind and tell the people the truth of the world.  Then the tables turn and the three girls learn something that changes them forever…   This is an action/mystery/thriller/YA book.

So yep, I’ll give a better blurb later.

Alright, here’s the next one, for my other WIP, Spirals:

All she remembers is watching the world tear itself apart.
    All she knows is that the monsters are out for her blood.
    All she wants is someone to love.
    With a stray dog as her only friend, she lives in the forest, foraging and hunting to survive. Her cabin, the only sign of a human presence for miles, is full of secrets. Strange noises and signs tell her a strange story that she can’t decipher.
    Then a strange boy with a strange story appears on her doorstep and changes her life forever. He gives her what she’s longed for her whole life: friendship, safety, a name.
    But she is being watched. Followed. Hunted. Someone wants to kill her.
    With high stakes and higher consequences, she must unlock the secrets of the cabin or lose what she loves most.
    And she doesn’t like to lose.

And there’s a third one, Lioness, but that one is on hold for a while.  Here’s the synopsis though:

On October 10, a tremor in the Pacific Ocean caused a massive tidal wave that hit the state of California, wiping it out entirely and killing millions. The floodwaters flowed all the way to the borders of Nebraska. And another one is coming.
    On October 15, Emiyn Martinez was chosen to leave Earth and, with thousands of other prodigies, travel to a new planet to build and repopulate. It’s the chance of a lifetime, but she unwillingly left her family in the process. And she’s determined to save them.
    On October 16, Aven King was left on Earth to die in the next global disaster. Her only friend is a young, injured veteran who was engaged to Aven’s stepbrother before he was killed in a car-crash. Aven wants more than anything to get on the ship that will carry her stepsister to the new planet.
    With opposite destinies and one goal, the sisters will stop at nothing to save each other and their loved ones from impending disaster… all before it’s too late.
    And the clock never stops ticking.

sry, i’ll shut up now… 😋

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Ella
    @writergirl101

@emmawalker

I love ur WIPs!!

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Erynne
    @erynne

@writergirl101

Hey Ella!! All of those sound super cool, but I especially love Spirals! What inspired it?

-Bob Ross

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@writergirl101 Thanks! Yours sound supper cool too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest