fb

Introduce Your Story

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Introduce Your Story

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Lona
    @lonathecat

@melodyjoy

Cool! I like that you’re making it important that each of the family members play a part. It seems like the main character’s family often gets overlooked, when really when you think about it, the family has probably helped  shaped the character to be who they are.

I want to make him more deeper involved in the country’s conflict. Like, not just a guy who went off to be a soldier. A secret service agent for the good side, or something.

Oooh secret services and spy stuff. Sounds exciting! So, if the father is with the ‘good side’ who is the ‘bad side’?

I’m hoping to add a heart-wrenching scene that involves him getting taken by the soldiers

Goodness that definitely sounds heart-wrenching. The poor siblings. 🙁

I guess telling you one plot event has turned into me telling you a summary of almost everything I have planned, lol.

Lol, don’t worry, rambles are great. 😛

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

I’m probably the one who’s off lol. I haven’t read in a while. I’ll have to read it again soon.

Alrighty, I see there is only one way to settle this question of who is the more off. *pulls up Google*… Google! Are there kittens in Star of Light by Patricia St. John?

Google: no relevant results.

Hmmmm. *clicks on images* Ah ha! So there’s a Star of Light book cover with a kitten on it. We are both half right. XD

Lol, that seems like a good enough reason to reread it. And that is hilarious. It’s awesome when things work out like that.

Right? And yeah, I’ll put it on my list of books to read over the summer. Any other book recommendations (not that they have to be cry ones, just in general) since we’re talking about it? 🙂

I was also born in Illinois (technically I was literally born in Missouri but we lived in Illinois so yeah) I then moved to Kansas when I was 2? Then moved back to Illinois when I was 7 and then like a year later moved to Missouri which is where I am now.

That’s still interesting! How do you like Missouri? I’ve only been there for a couple nights on a road trip but I remember thinking the hills were gorgeous. Do you have any pictures of Missouri? I would also love to see them! 😀

Do you have any pictures of Mexico? I’d love to see it! Mexico is such a beautiful place!

I had to hunt for ones without any faces, but I found some. XD

Here’s the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UmGLxws5_nHfA8BsF8cWesrVeMZdrVF96Bb_WweZBMY/edit?usp=sharing

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@erynne

Yeah, the first 900 words that I’ve written are very sad. Hopefully it doesn’t get too depressing *face palm* I guess it’s just one of those books.

And yessssss… the planning is crucial. I felt like I had planned so much, for so long, and then I started writing and less than 700 words in, I got stuck. I wrote 200 more a while later. It doesn’t help that I don’t have much time outside of school to write. I’m sure if I sat down for a week and didn’t use my time (or brain) for anything but writing, I would probably get more on a roll, lol!

I think they call it a forum signature 😛

@lonathecat

The bad side is the Insurgents (I mentioned them earlier, they’re the large rebel group that overtook Erin’s country). The ‘good side’ would be the people fighting against them.

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

Alrighty, I see there is only one way to settle this question of who is the more off. *pulls up Google*… Google! Are there kittens in Star of Light by Patricia St. John?

Google: no relevant result

Hmmmm. *clicks on images* Ah ha! So there’s a Star of Light book cover with a kitten on it. We are both half right. XD

Hey, that works! I’ll have to ask my friend (I recently forced her to read it) if she remembers a kitten to refresh my memory.

Right? And yeah, I’ll put it on my list of books to read over the summer. Any other book recommendations (not that they have to be cry ones, just in general) since we’re talking about it?

Um let me see… The Golden Goblet is on my list of favorites, and I’ve read and loved almost all of Patricia St John’s books. I’m assuming you have because most people on the forum have but have you read Wingfeather?

That’s still interesting! How do you like Missouri? I’ve only been there for a couple nights on a road trip but I remember thinking the hills were gorgeous. Do you have any pictures of Missouri? I would also love to see them!

Lol, I guess the reasons why I moved so much are what’s interesting (I’m an Army brat).

I really like Missouri it’s really pretty in places. I’ll also have to look for pictures without faces for you 😜

@melodyjoy

Yeah, the first 900 words that I’ve written are very sad. Hopefully it doesn’t get too depressing *face palm* I guess it’s just one of those books.

Eh, it should be good once you get further into it. I mean, I’m not the writer and I don’t know what’s going on in that head of yours, but the way you described it sounds like it has a happier ending 😉

And yessssss… the planning is crucial. I felt like I had planned so much, for so long, and then I started writing and less than 700 words in, I got stuck. I wrote 200 more a while later. It doesn’t help that I don’t have much time outside of school to write. I’m sure if I sat down for a week and didn’t use my time (or brain) for anything but writing, I would probably get more on a roll, lol!

Yess!!! Same here! I get stuck after every other paragraph it seems like. Oh, and dialogue! Ugh it always takes me forever to write dialogue. I just get stuck and my characters (teenage boys specifically) always sound like 5 year old girls.

I always tell myself that if I had like two weeks of nothing but writing I could have my story done and partly edited, but the odds of that happening are very slim XD

I think they call it a forum signature

Ah, yes. I knew that I just could not remember it. Anyways, I like yours and my brain (or lack thereof) is not what counts.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

I absolutely LOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEE those pictures!! 😍😍😍 They’re so beautiful

Here’s the link for pictures of Missouri. None are of where I live exactly because I don’t have a good picture lol

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v_5tjGh2VenOSuvR5nMOocpuePsldvYsNeV7WilQd7s/edit?usp=drivesdk

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Lona
    @lonathecat

@melodyjoy

The bad side is the Insurgents (I mentioned them earlier, they’re the large rebel group that overtook Erin’s country). The ‘good side’ would be the people fighting against them.

Ohhhhh I see. Sorry, I had the two sides mixed up. 🙂

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

Hey, that works! I’ll have to ask my friend (I recently forced her to read it) if she remembers a kitten to refresh my memory.

Sounds good lol.

I’m assuming you have because most people on the forum have but have you read Wingfeather?

Haha, yep! I really liked them, but I’m not quite as crazy about them as some people I know. 😛

Which is your favorite book of the series?

Lol, I guess the reasons why I moved so much are what’s interesting (I’m an Army brat).

Oh that is interesting! Is one (or both) of your parents still in the military?

I really like Missouri it’s really pretty in places. I’ll also have to look for pictures without faces for you

Great! I can’t wait to see them! 😀

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

I absolutely LOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEE those pictures!!   They’re so beautiful

Aww thanks! I’m glad you like them. I like them too. 🙂

Here’s the link for pictures of Missouri. None are of where I live exactly because I don’t have a good picture lol

Hmm, it says I don’t have access when I click the link. Maybe you haven’t turned on the ‘share via link’ setting?

Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

Haha, yep! I really liked them, but I’m not quite as crazy about them as some people I know. 😛

Which is your favorite book of the series?

That’s understandable. I’m actually only on the second book, but the first one is definitely the one I like better of the two.

Oh that is interesting! Is one (or both) of your parents still in the military?

It was my dad, and no he’s no longer in the military.

Hmm, it says I don’t have access when I click the link. Maybe you haven’t turned on the ‘share via link’ setting?

Hmm. I will have to try it on Word after church. It should work better. I used Google Docs that time.

Oh, and, happy Easter!! 😉

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Erynne.

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

That’s understandable. I’m actually only on the second book, but the first one is definitely the one I like better of the two.

Nice! Do you have a favorite character?

It was my dad, and no he’s no longer in the military.

No way! Lol my dad was in the military too, but not anymore.

Hmm. I will have to try it on Word after church. It should work better. I used Google Docs that time.

Sounds good! I hope you can get it to cooperate for you! 🙂

Oh, and, happy Easter!!

Yes, happy Easter! He is risen! 😀

Erynne
    @erynne

Nice! Do you have a favorite character?

Peet the sock man of course! How about you?

No way! Lol my dad was in the military too, but not anymore.

Oh how funny! What’s the reason he is no longer in the military!

Sounds good! I hope you can get it to cooperate for you!

Me too, lol

Yes, happy Easter! He is risen!

He is risen indeed! 😉

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

Hey again! I am so sorry I didn’t see this earlier!

Peet the sock man of course! How about you?

Yeah, Peet is pretty great. I’d have to say he or Leeli is my favorite.

Oh how funny! What’s the reason he is no longer in the military!

He did ROTC (where the military pays for all of your college, but then you have to do four years of military) so he just got a different job after his four years were up.

Did you do anything fun for Easter? 🙂

Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

Hey again! I am so sorry I didn’t see this earlier!

Hey, no problem! Life happens 😉

I’d have to say he or Leeli is my favorite.

Yeah Leeli is adorable! I actually had a dream a few days ago that I got a pet iguana and named it after her… Yeah, it was interesting. I also like Podo.

He did ROTC (where the military pays for all of your college, but then you have to do four years of military) so he just got a different job after his four years were up.

Oh I see! I really have no clue what my dad did in the military, lol. I was really little and I’ve never asked my mom about it.

Did you do anything fun for Easter?

Yes! We went to church then had my grandma and aunt over for a lunch and a small Easter egg hunt for my baby brother. How about you? 🙂

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

Annnd I’m back again lol.

Yeah Leeli is adorable! I actually had a dream a few days ago that I got a pet iguana and named it after her… Yeah, it was interesting. I also like Podo.

Yeah, Podo is also pretty great. And nice of you to name you dream iguana after Leeli, but personally I don’t think I’d want one in the first place. *random story warning* There’s this iguana that lives on the wall that surrounds our compound. Every so often he will come scurrying across the wall with that evil look in his eye. One time I told one of my parent’s coworkers about Mr. Iguana, and his response was this, “Oh you be careful with those iguanas…if they bite you there’s only one thing that will make them let you go. Do you know what that is? You stick a nail in its ear.”

I didn’t know they had ears. lol

Oh I see! I really have no clue what my dad did in the military, lol. I was really little and I’ve never asked my mom about it.

Oh that’s ok! Are you or any of your siblings interested in the military?

Yes! We went to church then had my grandma and aunt over for a lunch and a small Easter egg hunt for my baby brother. How about you?

That sounds so fun! And that’s really sweet of you to do an egg hunt for your little brother. 🙂

My family met up with two other families for an outdoor-picnic lunch thing. I also got hang out with a friend I hadn’t seen in-person for six months so that made me really happy. 😀

Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

Hey hey! Glad to see you back!

And nice of you to name you dream iguana after Leeli, but personally I don’t think I’d want one in the first place. *random story warning* There’s this iguana that lives on the wall that surrounds our compound.

That’s…scary. I am terrified of iguanas and I definitely don’t think I could handle being close to one. XD I assume that, like a snake, they don’t have ears like you and I do (although, that would be a site worth seeing) but holes on the side of their head. What other types of animals do you have in Mexico? Also, just curious, do you know Spanish?

Oh that’s ok! Are you or any of your siblings interested in the military?

Nope. Both my brothers have a disease called Cystic Fibrosis which causes lung and sometimes liver failure so neither of them would be physically capable to join in the first place. The older one (he’s younger than me, but the oldest of my two brothers) does have liver damage, so he especially wouldn’t be able to. And the other one is my half brother (we don’t actually think of it like that. He’s as much my brother as the other one 🙂 ) so I don’t think he would have any desire like me and my other brother would. I really just don’t want to. I don’t think God intends on me to be in the military. Sorry, I know that was confusing!

My family met up with two other families for an outdoor-picnic lunch thing. I also got hang out with a friend I hadn’t seen in-person for six months so that made me really happy.

Aw that’s awesome!!

Ok, random question time *evil grin*

What are your favorite movies?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest