fb

Introduce Your Story

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Introduce Your Story

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Lona
    @lonathecat

@wingiby-iggiby

Yeah, he just needs a hug. Which is probably why I like him best.

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

No, I haven’t. But that won’t be hard. I just look up baby names or unique baby names or baby boy/ girl names or baby names that start with the letter_ or-you get the idea.

Well, sounds like you have a good plan. 🙂

All that really gets mentioned is that he can’t cook and his mom always takes the bones out of fish when she makes it

Oh no, is choking on fishbones involved? XD

Offo sounds super cool, but his backstory is incredibly sad. It would probably make me cry because I’m weird and cry over everything including books.

Yeaaaah it is sad. Though, at least for me, I feel like people who have been hurt more need more love shown to them. So, like I told Wingiby Iggiby, Offo is my favorite just because he’s so loveable and in need of love. 🙂

(And heh I have been told before that my stories are rollercoasters; either super happy or super depressing, and very little in between. I need to work on that lol.)

Also, you’re not weird for crying at everything! That’s just good empathy skills. 😀

My 11 year old cousin has already decided that I’m making a series with this book and the next one is going to be the pirates revenge

Well of course you must appease the 11 year old cousin! What else would the next one be? XD

Sarcastic and funny. Surprised?

Hm, not really. 😛

Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

Oh no, is choking on fishbones involved? XD

In a way… The pirates force him to make dinner and that’s a disaster because he’s never cooked before then when he finally gets done it’s not how the pirates like it. They don’t like bones in their fish. And yes, one does choke on a bone.

Yeaaaah it is sad. Though, at least for me, I feel like people who have been hurt more need more love shown to them. So, like I told Wingiby Iggiby, Offo is my favorite just because he’s so loveable and in need of love.

Very much so. That’s probably the main reason there’s almost always someone in need (like Offo) in my stories. In fact, there is always someone in need in my stories XD

And heh I have been told before that my stories are rollercoasters; either super happy or super depressing, and very little in between. I need to work on that lol.

Sameee. Any time I tell my mom I have a new plot idea this is the dialogue:

Mom: “is it sad”

Me: “yes”

Mom knowing how my brain works: “I don’t want to hear about it”

Well of course you must appease the 11 year old cousin! What else would the next one be? XD

I guess that’s true XD The pirates seem to be everyone’s favorite characters so they might just deserve their own book.

Hm, not really. 😛

Yeah… I didn’t think it would. XD

"There are no mistakes, only happy accidents."
    -Bob Ross

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

The pirates force him to make dinner and that’s a disaster because he’s never cooked before then when he finally gets done it’s not how the pirates like it. They don’t like bones in their fish. And yes, one does choke on a bone.

Sounds like a fun side story! But poor guy (or gal) who chokes on a fishbone. 😛

In fact, there is always someone in need in my stories XD

Me too haha. Though, I kind of think everyone needs something, but those somethings are all different and of varying degrees of -how should I say it? Uh…- difficulty to fulfill? Cuz all characters have motives and stuff but some are more motivated than others.

*rereads what I just wrote* *realizes how rambly that is* Well…I hope you know what I meant. 😛

Mom: “is it sad”

Me: “yes”

Mom knowing how my brain works: “I don’t want to hear about it”

Ah yes, but sad things can be nice. Sometimes. Like a bitter-sweet thing. That’s also really cool that you tell your family about your stories! I have a feeling my family members wouldn’t enjoy talking and brainstorming fantasy as much as I do, (My brother and dad are both programmers, my mom is more interested in debating and politics, and my sister isn’t all that into books in general) so I just don’t talk about it. Which is why I talk to you lovely SE people. 😉

The pirates seem to be everyone’s favorite characters so they might just deserve their own book.

Yes! A pirate book! I haven’t even met these guys but I love ’em.  XD

Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

Sounds like a fun side story! But poor guy (or gal) who chokes on a fishbone. 😛

Eh, it wasn’t bad. Guy 😉

Me too haha. Though, I kind of think everyone needs something, but those somethings are all different and of varying degrees of -how should I say it? Uh…- difficulty to fulfill? Cuz all characters have motives and stuff but some are more motivated than others.

*rereads what I just wrote* *realizes how rambly that is* Well…I hope you know what I meant.

Yeaahh I actually had that same thought the second I hit submit *facepalm* but I think you understood what I meant lol. Oh, and, your ramble was awesome 😂

Ah yes, but sad things can be nice. Sometimes. Like a bitter-sweet thing. That’s also really cool that you tell your family about your stories! I have a feeling my family members wouldn’t enjoy talking and brainstorming fantasy as much as I do, (My brother and dad are both programmers, my mom is more interested in debating and politics, and my sister isn’t all that into books in general) so I just don’t talk about it. Which is why I talk to you lovely SE people.

Yes very true but that’s not usually how my stories work XD. For some reason I LOVE the books that make me cry so I’m determined to write one that’ll make me cry and my mom knows that.

You’re family sounds very interesting. I don’t really talk to my family about my books, I mainly like talk and they pretend to listen (you know, that whole “smile and nod” thing) The lovely SE people (like yourself) are definitely amazing for that.

Yes! A pirate book! I haven’t even met these guys but I love ’em. XD

Well I’m really glad you do XD I must be really good at pirates if you already love them before a proper introduction. (that or I talk too much that you’re forced to love them 😛)

-Bob Ross

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

Yeaahh I actually had that same thought the second I hit submit *facepalm*

Ey, great mind think alike. XD

Oh, and, your ramble was awesome

Oh yay lol. It always surprises me when people like my rambles because they seem so incoherent to me. I don’t understand my own brain. 😛

Yes very true but that’s not usually how my stories work XD. For some reason I LOVE the books that make me cry so I’m determined to write one that’ll make me cry and my mom knows that.

Those books are so good though! See, I think if an author manages to make you invest in the story so much that you shed actual tears, then that’s showing something about the author’s skill. Great goal. 🙂

(Just maybe make it have some happy parts, too. XD)

Oh, also, do you have any favorite sadder books?

You’re family sounds very interesting. I don’t really talk to my family about my books, I mainly like talk and they pretend to listen (you know, that whole “smile and nod” thing) The lovely SE people (like yourself) are definitely amazing for that.

Yeah, I like my family. They’re fun. Your family sounds cool, too! Though, I get the whole smile-and-nod thing. It’s annoying when it’s done to you, but honestly, I do it a lot when my brother starts talking javascript. XD

Well I’m really glad you do XD I must be really good at pirates if you already love them before a proper introduction. (that or I talk too much that you’re forced to love them  )

That, or you’re just a likeable person and I assume your characters are too. 🙂

Oh, also, I just wanted to let you know that I probably won’t reply as fast during the school week, because, well school stuff lol. So, I’m sorry about that :l .

Out of curiosity, are you homeschooled or do you go to a public school?

Mel
    @melodyjoy

Hello!

My current main story does not have a name, and I’ve only written 900 words. I’ve done a lot of brainstorming though 🙂

It’s about a girl named Erin who lives in a country over taken by a large (and growing) rebel group who calls themselves the Insurgents. At the beginning, her Father leaves to fight against them, and as the oldest, she’s left to care for her weak mother and 2 siblings.
    I’m hoping to make it a more gripping story, one that my readers can really get into… but we’ll see. I have some cool plot twists that I’ve planned but not written yet.

Another story that I had previously started as my 2nd main story (also without a title) I have 1445 words. Here’s the basic premise:

Chloe Loran worked at a daycare till a horrific car accident seriously injured her. Struggling with depression, guilt, and many serious physical issues, she must turn to God for help with her relationships and her physical and emotional needs.

I’m also working on a collaborative story here on SE, which has been so fun!

So, yeah! I really don’t write enough, or else I’d probably have way more written 😛 It’s something I want to make more time for, but struggle to. I’m hoping this summer I can really progress, instead of getting stuck in plot ruts and not knowing how to continue, but we’ll see.

MELODY

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

Oh yay lol. It always surprises me when people like my rambles because they seem so incoherent to me. I don’t understand my own brain.

Lol, yes mine too but I enjoy them.

Those books are so good though! See, I think if an author manages to make you invest in the story so much that you shed actual tears, then that’s showing something about the author’s skill. Great goal. 🙂

(Just maybe make it have some happy parts, too. XD)

Oh, also, do you have any favorite sadder books?

Yeah I totally agree. I can’t make my fantasy a cry book because I don’t think it would fit with all the comedy and adventure, so I have to wait for my next one. I think it all depends on how well you connect with the characters. Which is another problem I’m having. I have to make an innocent, loveable princess but I haven’t been too successful with that.

(Of course, totally depressing books and cry books are two different things)

I’m glad you asked! The Star of Light by Patricia St John made my cry the hardest. It was bad… And The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare made me cry a little bit. Have you read either?

That, or you’re just a likeable person and I assume your characters are too.

Well thank you.

Oh, also, I just wanted to let you know that I probably won’t reply as fast during the school week, because, well school stuff lol. So, I’m sorry about that :l .

No worries! I totally get it.

Out of curiosity, are you homeschooled or do you go to a public school?

I’m homeschooled. I started out in public school then we started homeschooling when I was in fourth grade (I’m in eighth now) how about you?

-Bob Ross

Erynne
    @erynne

@melodyjoy

Both stories sound super neat! The first one is very intriguing! (Also, I love the MCs name 😛) And the second one is very cool too. Just curious, what does she feel guilty about?

I definitely struggle with the same problem and have the same goal for this summer. I feel like last summer I did pretty well with writing so hopefully this summer will be the same. Good luck!!

-Bob Ross

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

Yeah I totally agree. I can’t make my fantasy a cry book because I don’t think it would fit with all the comedy and adventure, so I have to wait for my next one. I think it all depends on how well you connect with the characters. Which is another problem I’m having. I have to make an innocent, loveable princess but I haven’t been too successful with that.

Hmm yeah comedies and cry books don’t quite fit together. XD But speaking of innocent and loveable princesses, have you heard of George MacDonald’s The Princess and the Goblin? It’s aimed at younger children, and it’s pretty short, but maybe it could help with ideas for forming your princess’ character, since the princess in it is supposed to be the ideal of princesses. 🙂

(Of course, totally depressing books and cry books are two different things)

(Definitely.)

I’m glad you asked! The Star of Light by Patricia St John made my cry the hardest. It was bad… And The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare made me cry a little bit. Have you read either?

Yes, both, actually! Though, I read them around six years ago, so my memory of them is a little hazy. In fact, I can’t remember any of Star of Light except that there were kittens involved. The Witch of Blackbird Pond, on the hand I remember a lot more of. I liked that one. Do you have a favorite of the two?

I’m homeschooled. I started out in public school then we started homeschooling when I was in fourth grade (I’m in eighth now) how about you?

Nice! I’m homeschooled, too. 😀

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Lona. Reason: clarifying something :)
    Lona
    @lonathecat

@melodyjoy

Ooh! I like both your story ideas! Especially the rebel one with the Insurgents (I love that name choice, by the way). May I hear one of those plot twists or is it a surprise? 🙂

Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

But speaking of innocent and loveable princesses, have you heard of George MacDonald’s The Princess and the Goblin? It’s aimed at younger children, and it’s pretty short, but maybe it could help with ideas for forming your princess’ character, since the princess in it is supposed to be the ideal of princesses. 🙂

No, I haven’t! I’ll have to see if I can find it because that sounds super helpful. Thank you so much!

Yes, both, actually! Though, I read them around six years ago, so my memory of them is a little hazy. In fact, I can’t remember any of Star of Light except that there were kittens involved. The Witch of Blackbird Pond, on the hand I remember a lot more of. I liked that one. Do you have a favorite of the two?

Ok cool! I don’t think I remember kittens in it. XD The Witch of Blackbird Pond is definitely my favorite. It’s got everything I love in a book.

Nice! I’m homeschooled, too.

Ok cool! A lot of people here seem to be homeschooled which is super cool.

Now for me to ask a just curious question. (You don’t have to get super detailed 😉 ) where are you from?

-Bob Ross

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

No, I haven’t! I’ll have to see if I can find it because that sounds super helpful. Thank you so much!

Anytime! 😀

Ok cool! I don’t think I remember kittens in it. XD

Well then, whoops. I trust your memory better than mine. I must be thinking of something else. 😛

The Witch of Blackbird Pond is definitely my favorite. It’s got everything I love in a book.

Now I feel like I have to reread it, because you love it, and I remember liking it, but I can’t remember why. XD

Though, I remember my mom and I cracking up because we actually know a couple named Matthew and Rachel Wood.

Ok cool! A lot of people here seem to be homeschooled which is super cool.

Yeah! It’s always fun finding other homeschoolers. 🙂

where are you from?

Oh goodness. XD

*takes deep breath*

I was born in Illinois, moved to Texas when I was seven, moved to Oaxaca (a state in Mexico) when I was eight, and moved to Guerrero (another state in Mexico) when I was nine. I moved back to Texas when I was ten, and then back to Guerrero when I was eleven. Between eleven and thirteen I moved a lot between two different towns in Guerrero. At fourteen I moved back to Oaxaca, and at fifteen back to Guerrero, which is where I still am.

*exhales*

So yep. I have no idea where I’m from. Take your pick of any of the above mentioned places. 😛

How about you? Where are you from?

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@erynne

I’ve actually gotten that question before on this website XD! (maybe that’s a sign… that I should revise that and make it more clear). She’s feels guilt because the car accident was her fault, and several children died, or were seriously injured… so pretty horrific.

Is your name actually Erynne? If so, I love the way you spell it! That’s kinda ironic also, lol.

@lonathecat

Yes, I am really pleased with the name of the group too 😛

Well, Erin’s family has 5 members in it (that includes her). When I was doing my initial planning I put in events that could happen involving each of those characters, so that each member of the family would have a cool part, you could say. (Erin is my main character still, but ya know, you gotta add in the interesting stuff  😛 )

I’ve not developed it yet, but I’m hoping to center most of the exciting drama around the father. He leaves at the beginning to fight, like I mentioned, but I want to make him more deeper involved in the country’s conflict. Like, not just a guy who went off to be a soldier. A secret service agent for the good side, or something. We’ll see.
    Erin’s older brother, Galen, he ran away before the time of the story’s beginning, to fight, and I was originally intending to only mention him, and the family not know anything of his whereabouts, and then they find out that he died. But then my brain took the route of having him come back to make amends… another thing we’ll have to see about XD.

Erin is extremely protective of her younger brother, Deris. I’m hoping to add a heart-wrenching scene that involves him getting taken by the soldiers (possibly because they know who his father is and what he is doing). **tries to think of something else to say besides “we’ll see”**

I guess telling you one plot event has turned into me telling you a summary of almost everything I have planned, lol. Anyways! Bye! ~Melody

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

Well then, whoops. I trust your memory better than mine. I must be thinking of something else.

I’m probably the one who’s off lol. I haven’t read in a while. I’ll have to read it again soon.

Now I feel like I have to reread it, because you love it, and I remember liking it, but I can’t remember why. XD

Though, I remember my mom and I cracking up because we actually know a couple named Matthew and Rachel Wood.

Lol, that seems like a good enough reason to reread it. And that is hilarious. It’s awesome when things work out like that.

I was born in Illinois, moved to Texas when I was seven, moved to Oaxaca (a state in Mexico) when I was eight, and moved to Guerrero (another state in Mexico) when I was nine. I moved back to Texas when I was ten, and then back to Guerrero when I was eleven. Between eleven and thirteen I moved a lot between two different towns in Guerrero. At fourteen I moved back to Oaxaca, and at fifteen back to Guerrero, which is where I still am.

You live in Mexico!? That is soooo cool!!!

Mine isn’t as interesting… I was also born in Illinois (technically I was literally born in Missouri but we lived in Illinois so yeah) I then moved to Kansas when I was 2? Then moved back to Illinois when I was 7 and then like a year later moved to Missouri which is where I am now. Do you have any pictures of Mexico? I’d love to see it! Mexico is such a beautiful place!

@melodyjoy

That’s like really sad. Sounds like a good cry book though. I’m actually planning on writing a book kind of similar to that. (Keyword: planning) 

Yeahh, my name is Erynne pronounced Erin. I used to put how it was pronounced in parentheses when I would introduce myself on here but I stopped because I figured it would eventually annoy people lol. Also thanks for the compliment! That’s like the tenth time I’ve been told that on SE. XD Y’all are too sweet.

(Btw, I love your little ending thing that I don’t know the name of (the smile while you still have teeth thing):))

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Erynne.

-Bob Ross

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest