fb

Introduce Your Story

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Introduce Your Story

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

That’s not a bad idea for naming a world. I normally just talk nonsense until I find something I like XD

@lonathecat

I’m still working on smoothing out all the wrinkles of mine, but I’ll get there…eventually.

Good luck with that! You’ll get it!!

Well, I’d rather be crazy with someone else than crazy alone.

Aww. Yeah, me too XD

Yeah, worlds are harder. Though for people names I generally just type a mishmash of letters until I like how it looks. Then of course my friend gets annoyed at me for making unpronounceable names lol.

Sameee. My friends would pronounce mine different then how I would, so I just changed it to what they thought it was XD I assume that’s what most readers would think it is anyway.

It’s Fantasy, though there is some comedy. Most of the comedy in it though is dry humor or irony-type humor. What funny situation were you thinking of for the dragons? And what type of humor is in your story, if there is any?

Ok cool. I was just thinking there might be little things like the dragons arguing over whose  silver is whose.

I’m very sarcastic so I’ve noticed that my characters are as well which makes it funny. Then I also have pirates in my story who are supposed to be the ‘bad guys’ but they are actually quite humourous. I’ve heard a lot of people say that they love the pirates because they can be so… clueless I guess. Idk how to describe them, they’re just funny.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Erynne
    @erynne

@skylarynn

Very neat! They both sound super interesting. I like stories that aren’t really focused on this one character, so the way yours are set up sounds super cool.

This seems to be an ongoing question, but have you made any collages for either of them?

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

@erynne

No, but I can

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Erynne
    @erynne

@skylarynn

Ok cool! No pressure, I was just curious 😉

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

I made the collages but now I can’t post them (even with links)

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Erynne
    @erynne

@skylarynn

Oh no! That’s too bad 🙁

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

Sorry.  Trying again.

htt ps://phot os.app.g oo.gl/QnEF hDTH cWNiB cAz5

This is the vast interwoven world

htt ps://phot os.app.g oo.gl/d 526qb uJRKMQ U6Xv9

This is the team members from the hunter team that I have pictures of. Clockwise from the top left is Luke MacTiernan, Westley Hearne, Wilder Daelan, Auryon Hearne, and Elias Hawkins.

Ignore the spaces, I think it doesn’t like the links so I broke them up.

Erynne
    @erynne

@skylarynn

Very cool! I like your character pictures 🙂

Lona
    @lonathecat

@joelle-stone

That’s so cool! I love how you’ve thought things out down to the mechanics of your world’s gravity! I took the easy route and just made mine a sphere with earth-like physics. 😛

@erynne

Haha, thanks for the encouragement. 🙂

My friends would pronounce mine different then how I would, so I just changed it to what they thought it was

Oh. lol. You’re more cooperative than me. I’m just like, “That’s their name. End of discussion.” XD

Ok cool. I was just thinking there might be little things like the dragons arguing over whose  silver is whose.

Ohhhh gotcha. Well the dragons don’t really argue about silver among themselves, but the Dwarves come and try to loot it. So, I guess Dwarves vs. Dragons could be a little comical.

Then I also have pirates in my story who are supposed to be the ‘bad guys’ but they are actually quite humorous.

I mean, they’re pirates! Who doesn’t like pirates? (As long as they’re not ruthless evil pirates.)

@skylarynn

Wow, two WIPs. That is indeed, suicide. But good for you! (Those sentences don’t seem like they belong together but I hope you know what I mean haha.)

They both sound really interesting! The one with the lore reminds me of something I was telling joelle-stone. I enjoy making up the lore and history of a world more than I do writing a coherent plotline. Do you feel the same?

Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

You’re more cooperative than me. I’m just like, “That’s their name. End of discussion.”

Lol, I kinda wanted to but I didn’t.

Well the dragons don’t really argue about silver among themselves, but the Dwarves come and try to loot it. So, I guess Dwarves vs. Dragons could be a little comical.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Ok, neat! I have dwarves and a dragon in my story too! (Actually at the moment their elves, but when people think of elves most people picture the ones like on LOTR and that’s not how these are so I’ve been thinking about changing their title to either dwarves or maybe even garden gnomes)</p>

I mean, they’re pirates! Who doesn’t like pirates? (As long as they’re not ruthless evil pirates.)

They are kind of mean and slightly abusive at times because I had to give Finn, Julian, and Lacey some struggles (the pirates hold them captive as slaves) but it’s not too bad. They are a ton of fun to write about though!

Zee
    @zee

@joelle-stone, that’s great you have your very own illustrator! That would be a real advantage, especially when you’re trying to create art and covers for characters who aren’t young/blonde/Caucasian/conventionally beautiful, or all of the above. I struggled to find these “halfway there” images…and this couple was actually the easiest in the series to find representation for.

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

@lonathecat

Yes, I love worldbuilding.  That’s why it’s such a melting pot.

Ella
    @writergirl101

Heyo!  I haven’t been very active recently, sry.  But here’s the synopsis of my WIP, Lioness:

On October 10, a tremor in the Pacific Ocean caused a massive tidal wave that hit the state of California, wiping it out entirely and killing millions. The floodwaters flowed all the way to the borders of Nebraska. And another one is coming.
    On October 15, Emiyn Martinez was chosen to leave Earth and, with thousands of other prodigies, travel to a new planet to build and repopulate. It’s the chance of a lifetime, but she unwillingly left her family in the process. And she’s determined to save them.
    On October 16, Aven King was left on Earth to die in the next global disaster. Her only friend is a young, injured veteran who was engaged to Aven’s stepbrother before he was killed in a car-crash. Aven wants more than anything to get on the ship that will carry her stepsister to the new planet.
    With opposite destinies and one goal, the sisters will stop at nothing to save each other and their loved ones from impending disaster… all before it’s too late.
    And the clock never stops ticking. 

i tried to attach a collage but the file size is too big… oh well.  Anyways, cool topic. 🙂

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Ella
    @writergirl101

Ooo yay, it worked!  here’s a collage for Emiyn:

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Erynne
    @erynne

@writergirl101

Hey Ella! It’s good to see you around again! 🙂

I really like that plot, super cool and incredibly creative. And that collage…. That is amazing!!! Great job!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest