fb

Introduce Your Story

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Introduce Your Story

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

Oh, there’s a Centaur too. 😉 Thx for telling me.

There’s some posts out there on writing a blurb! Someone started a How To Write a Blurb thread, if you want to check that out. 😉

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

Thanks! And 21k is definitely not pathetic! Mine is mostly brain dumps and I bet half of it will be deleted eventually. 🙂

Ya know what, I think I will try my hand at collages. I’ll be right back. *Embarks on collage making rabbit trail* *returns an embarrassing amount of time later after having scrolled through way too many pretty landscape photos* Alrighty…. and of course the file is to big to embed. *facepalm* Ah well, here it is in a google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e6D1Nvf9ig1c4GLZM66pLp7oPAP4JSxQUbe4es94-g8/edit?usp=sharing

You mentioned you do lots of other collages, are any of them for your story? If so would you mind sharing them and telling me a little about your story? 😀

@joelle-stone

Aw thanks!

Also, sorry, I couldn’t help but read the summary you gave for Gracie. All I have to say is what are you talking about?! That’s a perfectly good summary! Not boring at all, in fact, half-human people sound very interesting, especially if they’re gallivanting across the country.  🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Lona. Reason: Typos
    Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

Thanks for the encouragement 😂

Ooh I LOVE that collage, you did a fantastic job!!

I gave a quick description of my story on the first page, but if you want more details I’d love to share some with you!

Yes, all my collages are for my story. This one is of all my MCs that me and my friend drew (hers are way better XD) I’ll send you some more if you want to see them, but I need to remake my older ones because I don’t like the pictures XD

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

Anytime. 😀

Thanks! I had a lot of fun with it. I will blame you if I end up making collages for everything now. XD

Ohhhh! I read it earlier but I guess it didn’t register in my brain as yours. Silly me. But yes! More random details are fun! Feel free to dump them on me. Also, why is the Uncle trying to poison Eliana? Or is that something the readers discover later?

That’s awesome! (And I can barely tell the difference between the drawing styles 🙂 ) I assume the bottom right is Eliana, but what are the other’s names?

Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

Oh no XD You’re really good at it, so I guess I could handle the blame for that.

Lol, that’s alright! So the uncle, an evil scientist named Dominic, poisons her kinda accidentally. So what happens is he’s trying to steal the kingdom, so he makes this deadly serum to pour onto a butterfly that’s supposed to go to the royal family. It’s supposed to touch each member of the family and divide the poison among them to kill them because he would be next in line since he’s the king’s cousin, but instead all of the poison goes into Eliana’s necklace. She puts it on not knowing anything about it, then she can never take it off.

Good job! That is Eliana. I was wondering how you knew then it clicked-the necklace 🤦

So the other girl is Lacey (she’s the only one I drew) then the boy in the top corner is her brother Finn, and the other boy is their friend Julian.

If you have any other questions about anything, I’d love to answer them! 🙂

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

Why thank you, I only learned from the best. 😛

Oh, ok! Nice! That sounds like it makes for a really cool plot.

I like your name choices too. They seem fitting for their looks. Ya know how some people just ‘look’ like they have this certain name that fits them perfectly? Though, I don’t know maybe that’s is just my weird brain.

I don’t have any questions that I can think of right now, but I’ll write you if I think of one later. 🙂

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@lonathecat,

EXCELLENT collage!! It’s really cool. 🙂

Ha ha, gallivanting is a great word. 😛

@erynne

Ooh, I didn’t even catch onto the necklace until you said something. *facepalm* Shows how observant I am. XD

Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

Why thank you, I only learned from the best.

I literally said “aw” out loud

Oh, ok! Nice! That sounds like it makes for a really cool plot.

Thanks! It took me forever to get all the pieces to fit…

I like your name choices too. They seem fitting for their looks. Ya know how some people just ‘look’ like they have this certain name that fits them perfectly? Though, I don’t know maybe that’s is just my weird brain.

Thanks! (Again!) You are totally right. I know a ton of those people who look like their name. I’m really glad you think my characters do. I was so worried about choosing the wrong name.

I don’t have any questions that I can think of right now, but I’ll write you if I think of one later.

Ok, sweet! If you have any random fun facts about your story I’d love to hear about them!! 😉

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

Haha, no worries! I’m the same way XD

Lona
    @lonathecat

@joelle-stone

Thanks!

Ha ha, gallivanting is a great word

Yes, isn’t it? It’s one of my favorites.  😛

@erynne

I literally said “aw” out loud

Your reaction is making me smile now, too. 🙂

Thanks! It took me forever to get all the pieces to fit…

Right? There’s always so many little things and timelines that have to line up. And then of course you have an idea that forces you to rethink an entire section. The struggle is real.

I know a ton of those people who look like their name.

Yay! I’m not totally crazy! It’s always nice when I find there’s another person who thinks like me. 😛

Ok, sweet! If you have any random fun facts about your story I’d love to hear about them!

Well let’s see… Randomness… So in my world (which really needs a name lol) there are sea dragons who are obsessed with silver and have collected it for ages. They have so much of it, that at this point the sea bed literally “shines like sliver”. Thus the dragon’s sea got coined the Silver Sea.

(Edit because my brain is really tired right now and I keep forgetting things: I’ve never really used the quote button, but wow that’s useful. XD)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Lona. Reason: I forgot stuff
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Lona.
    Erynne
    @erynne

Right? There’s always so many little things and timelines that have to line up. And then of course you have an idea that forces you to rethink an entire section. The struggle is real.Y

Yes it’s always the little things that people don’t think twice about! I’m trying to remember exactly, but I’m pretty sure when I first began writing this story, I had zero intentions on Dominic being related to the royal family. Now that I think about it, if he wasn’t then my story would be a disaster! (And about 8,000 words shorter.😂) It would make no sense whatsoever.

Yay! I’m not totally crazy! It’s always nice when I find there’s another person who thinks like me.

It’s either that or we’re both totally crazy XD

Well let’s see… Randomness… So in my world (which really needs a name lol) there are sea dragons who are obsessed with silver and have collected it for ages. They have so much of it, that at this point the sea bed literally “shines like sliver”. Thus the dragon’s sea got coined the Silver Sea.

Ugh, I hate coming up with world names… People are easy, there are billions of websites out there with long lists of names for people.

That sounds super neat! What genre is it? Do you have any comedy in your story? (That could be a funny situation which is why I’m asking;))

I’ve never really used the quote button, but wow that’s useful. XD)

I know, it’s amazing! I just started using it myself XD

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Erynne.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

*rudely jumps into conversation*

@lonathecat

That is an AWESOME legend/myth/unique-world-thing! The Silver Sea… I like it! My world has no oceans, at least on the top. On the bottom…

@erynne

Ha, world names are the worst. I ended up translating it was good into Catalan using the unreliable Google Translate and turning that into my world name. 😀

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

I’m glad you found a way to make it all work out! I’m still working on smoothing out all the wrinkles of mine, but I’ll get there…eventually. 😛

It’s either that or we’re both totally crazy XD

Well, I’d rather be crazy with someone else than crazy alone. XD

Ugh, I hate coming up with world names… People are easy, there are billions of websites out there with long lists of names for people.

Yeah, worlds are harder. Though for people names I generally just type a mishmash of letters until I like how it looks. Then of course my friend gets annoyed at me for making unpronounceable names lol.

What genre is it? Do you have any comedy in your story?

It’s Fantasy, though there is some comedy. Most of the comedy in it though is dry humor or irony-type humor. What funny situation were you thinking of for the dragons? And what type of humor is in your story, if there is any?

I know, it’s amazing! I just started using it myself XD

Yeah, I never used it before because it made me feel like my posts were too long and I was talking to much or something? I don’t know. 😛

@joelle-stone

Thanks! I tend to make legends/myths for my book more often than I do the actual story writing. It’s a problem. XD

My world has no oceans, at least on the top. On the bottom…

Ok, hold up. Now you have me curious. You have an upside down world?!

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@lonathecat,

Kind of. Imagine a squashed cylinder with cliffs for the sides. There’s also a “toxic” mist that surrounds the cliffs, so you can’t see the bottom and you most certainly don’t want to fly down if you have wings like the Aves. The “top” is the most inhabited part of VaSerBo, and the people up there have no clue that the bottom exists at all. So, remember how people used to think that the people on the other side of the world were upside-down b/c the earth was square or something? I based this off of that. Gravity was a pain for a while. XD All the rivers on the top and bottom flow to the cliffs instead of to the ocean (although several make a stop at the ocean before going to the cliffs) and pour off the edge. Obscured by the mists, they reach the small line of gravity in the center of the cliffs and are pulled into tunnels in the rock, where they eventually meet up with the giant ball of water in the center of VaSerBo. The lakes and ocean draw their water from that, so it’s kind of a never-ending cycle. 🙂 Hopefully that made sense.

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

*awkwardly and randomly enters conversation*

…hi.

So I have two WIPs, currently (suicide, I know).  One is a modern fantasy world where there is an organization that hunts down mythical beasts, and the story focuses on a particular team of this organization.  There isn’t much of a main character in that story (there rarely is a main character in my stories).  Major themes involve forgiveness, family, brotherhood, repentance, and healing.  Officially I’ve got about 1.5k, but that’s not including future scenes that’ve been written and are just yet to be worked in.

The other WIP isn’t so much a story as a world with a myriad of stories in it.  I have a ton of lore on this world but no idea how much actual writing since it isn’t all in one place.  There are ancient conspiracies, seafaring Norsemen, Celtic islands, a vast desert civilization, a lost continent, an I’ve-lost-count number of species, and a University with a library so ancient and vast it would be equitable to the Alexandrian Library if it hadn’t burned.  The stories are lots of different perspectives on just humans in general, from the throne of a depraved and godless empire to a brotherhood of recently reformed pagans to an unforgiving desert where the children of an everlasting, loving God thrive.  Characters come from all backgrounds and the main theme is repentance and atonement for most of the world.  Specific stories within this world include:
    Formerly pagan Nors having to deal with the sudden culture shift and conflicts ensuing the religion change.  Also touches on the Keltaics (who have also recently turned away from paganism)
    A damaged young woman trying to lead an empire that has become godless and decadent over time.
    The present-day culmination of an ancient conspiracy (this is actually a D&D campaign I’m running that I will novelize)
    Star Wars but if it was Arabian Nights instead
    And the story that all this sprang from, which I don’t really know how to explain without a) heavy contextualization or b) massive spoilers.  [@joelle-stone this is the one Brendin comes from]
    There are also stories from the other continent, but I’m not technically the author of that.

Ask me any and all questions, I’ll be happy to answer.  And if you want random tidbits of mythos and worldbuilding I’ll willfully oblige.

@joelle-stone

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Skylarynn.

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 122 total)
  • The forum ‘General Writing Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest