fb

Introduce Your Story

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Introduce Your Story

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@erynne Your story sounds amazing! I love the necklace thing.

Is Elaina your main character, or do you follow her friends more often?

An important quote from my story is “Sometimes the smallest things have the biggest effect in life.”

I love that!😍 That is a really good theme.

@quinn-ofallon
    I’m not very familiar with A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but sounds really awesome. I love retellings. And 70k words…🤩 Congrats!

@joelle-stone
    I can hardly wait to see yours!

Not all who wander are lost.

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

Ok, great! Glad you got it figured out! Let me know if you need anything else 😉

@arindown
    I’m trying this quote thing out for the first time. Hopefully it works XD

Your story sounds amazing! I love the necklace thing.

Is Elaina your main character, or do you follow her friends more often?

Thank you! I’m glad you like it 🙂

I intended on Ellie (her nickname) to be the MC, but the story just seems to be more about her friends. The beginning is all about her then it goes back and forth but her friends just seem to have the spotlight more. I’m totally cool with that, but when I edit it, it will have more details about her.

I love that!😍 That is a really good theme.

Thank you!! I’m glad you like it. It really makes me feel better, I didn’t know if anyone would like it or not.

"There are no mistakes, only happy accidents."
    -Bob Ross

Erynne
    @erynne

Aha! It worked!! 😁

-Bob Ross

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Aha! Here we are:

Oooor not. I can’t get it to load, ’cause the file’s too big. Sorry guys!

"Lacho calad! Drego morn!"

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

Mm, yeah mine did that too. Try taking a screenshot, crop it if you need to, then send.

That sounds weird but it usually works

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Erynne.

-Bob Ross

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

Aha, thank you!! It works now! Behold the first not-very-good try (I honestly should have switched the two blue ones around for balance)!

Collage

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

Glad it worked!!

Ohhh that’s super cool looking! Fantastic job!! 👏🏻

-Bob Ross

Zee
    @zee

I’m just now working on the official description for my latest novel, so this thread looks like a great place to give it a test run.

“Boris and Anna have been together barely two years, but newlywed bliss is already a distant memory. Their first baby is due any day, but the thought of raising a child in a war zone fills Anna with dread. Boris is so focused on keeping his struggling business afloat, he’s not listening to her anymore.

Then, one night, Boris’s attempt to protect his friend from a beating at the hands of White Horse gangsters lands him in the worst trouble of his life, and threatens the safety of their entire family. Will Boris and Anna live to see their second anniversary?”

This book’s the fourth in a series of short Christian Dystopian Romantic Suspense novels (wow, that’s a mouthful.)

Zee
    @zee

As usual, I seriously struggled to find photos of people who looked even remotely like my protagonists, (does anybody else have this problem?) but eventually came up with this.

Not too far off the mark, except Anna is a dark brunette and would not wear her hair this way, and Boris is a bit overweight…

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@zee,

Sounds cool!! There aren’t very many romance novels out there that deal with what it’s like to be married instead of HOW you attract someone and get married with your happily-ever-after. 🙂

And cool pic! YES I HAVE THAT PROBLEM! I gave up looking a long time ago, so my illustrator draws for me now. 🙂

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@joelle-stone I love yours! Are you going to explain more of your story, or just leave us gushing over the pictures?😉

@zee
    I really like the idea for your story! I like plots that deal with life after marriage, and it sounds really interesting.

Yeah, I definitely have the problem of finding people who look like my characters.😂 I find that ArtBreeder is helpful when I can’t find the perfect image.😄

Not all who wander are lost.

Lona
    @lonathecat

Wow! All your guys’ stories sound great! Your collages are really nice too, but unfortunately I can’t return the pleasantry and show you one. (I’ve never done collages.) However, I can type stuff so here we go.

In my story there are two main races that once ruled together over the other races. 1) The Illians, who were gifted with healing and 2) the Humans who find beauty in things that can’t be healed. The Illians and the Humans eventually have a falling out and go their separate ways. The Humans grow more and more frightened of the Illians and their healing magic, while the Illians try even harder to “fix” the earth. Which brings me to one of my main themes: is idealism really ideal?  Which sounds like it has an obvious answer, but I think that if people have never felt suffering, they can never feel real happiness. There’s no point for comparison.

So, yep. Then my story is just the war that eventually breaks out between the Illians and the Humans and exploring more of the idealism idea. At the moment, I have 53k words, but it is not organized at all so I’m not sure if that counts. 😛

Erynne
    @erynne

@lonathecat

Sounds super cool! That’s a very creative plot and theme. And 53k! Nice! Y’all are making my 21k, and almost finished look pathetic 😂

Your collages are really nice too, but unfortunately I can’t return the pleasantry and show you one. (I’ve never done collages.)

Collages are a ton of fun to make. You should definitely try it sometime 😉 Plus, it’s one of those rare things that doesn’t have any rules and you can get super creative with it. I probably enjoy making them a little too much. I have an entire list of notes on ideas for them XD

-Bob Ross

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@lonathecat,

Ooh, your story sounds really good, and you described it very well! I really struggle with that.

@arindown

*considers* As I told Lona, I really struggle with describing my stories in way that’s neither boring, cliche, arrogant, overly-detailed, or confusing. I guess I’ll give it a go.

The Keepers of the Nine are chasing down the tyrant they tried to capture in the last book (he escaped). The Keepers consist of six humans and three half-man creatures: a Centaur, Ave (human/bird), and Arthro (human/spider). Of course there’s bumps along the way, otherwise this would be a boring book. For instance, the tyrant appears to want the Keepers to catch up, and they don’t know why. Another problem is that Jenis, one of the human boys, begins to have second-thoughts about seeing the quest through. And, since problems are great fun to write, the powers begin to get a bit rebellious (in VaSerBo – my world – powers are basically another race). The theme is forgiveness, although there are probably some unintentional ones in there too. 🙂

So that was bad. And long. And boring. And cliche. XD

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

Very interesting!! The only thing is you mentioned three half-man creatures but only listed two 😉

Also, your collage fits well with the description!

Don’t worry, I have the sameee problem with my story. Any time I try to describe it, it ends up sounding super confusing. I thought a blurb would help with that, but I have to figure out how to make one that isn’t cliche or confusing. (That’s what it will probably be no matter what, but I have to at least convince myself to try XD)

-Bob Ross

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest