fb

Introduce Your Story

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Introduce Your Story

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

Hey Guys,

I’ve learned a lot about writing, and everyone’s projects since I joined Story Embers, but it’s hard to keep it all straight.

This thread is for introducing your main Work-In-Progress (theme collages, blurb, MC profile, word-count, random facts, etc.) so everyone can enjoy the ideas and encourage each-other.

Get writing about your writing!

"If I'm gonna break, I'll break like the dawn." -Nightbirde

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

I guess I’ll start, and tag a few people.😄

My story is called (right now) Outrider, and it’s about a young criminal who also happens to be a very powerful wizard, and the only one who can save the Middle Mountains from coming danger. My villain is his older brother, but I also have several other antagonists, including the prince of the Middle Mountains.

I’m almost to 60k words on it, and my favorite part of writing is the character interactions, and horses.😊

The theme is justice vs. mercy, trust, and legacy.

Tagging @emberynus-the-dragonslayer @erynne @joelle-stone

"If I'm gonna break, I'll break like the dawn." -Nightbirde

Erynne
    @erynne

@arindown

Great idea! Your story is super cool, and 60k! Very impressive! I have horses in my story too 😁 Also, I looovvvveee that collage!

My story is called Smallest Things at the moment. It’s a fantasy about a princess named Eliana who got given a necklace that gets poisoned by an evil scientist (actually it’s her uncle) who’s trying to steal the crown. The thing with the necklace is, each of the three jewels on it stand for something, and if she takes it off she loses those things. After some thieves steal the necklace from the princess, her friends must go on a journey to retrieve them before the Eliana dies.

I’m currently at 20k words, and my theme would probably be. An important quote from my story is “Sometimes the smallest things have the biggest effect in life.” 

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@arindown,

Sorry for not getting back sooner! 😬 Cool thread idea!

Awesome collage! I need to make one of those… and your book sounds REALLY cool (I’d probably read it if I found it on the shelf at my library, lol). As Erynne said, “60k! Very impressive!” XD (And as she also said, I have horses in my story too. :P)

I’ll get back to you with my current WIP… after I get a collage. 😉

Quinn O’Fallon
    @quinn-ofallon

Hey everyone 🙂

My poor WIP is currently at around 70k words and still doesn’t have a name. It’s a science fantasy reimagining of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but with a few… improvements. Oberon invades Athens to fulfill an ancient prophecy, Helena becomes a fairy in the process of trying to win back Demetrius, and Nick Bottom and his friends are an elite group of Athenian spies. I’ve always wanted to write a story with seemingly unrelated plot threads that entwine as the story goes on, so making that happen has probably been my favorite part of my WIP.

@arindown
    Sounds like your protagonist probably has a pretty interesting backstory… And horses! Yay!

@erynne
    A necklace that poisons the princess if she wears it, but takes important things from her if she doesn’t? Super cool idea! I love the dilemma it creates for her and her friends.

Erynne
    @erynne

@quinn-ofallon

It’s more like she’s fine if she wears it, but it poisons her if she takes it off. 😉

The jewels on the necklace are emerald, ruby and sapphire. This is going to sound bad but I don’t remember which stands for what! I’m pretty sure ruby=beauty sapphire= youth and emerald=life.

So, when the necklace gets stolen she loses those things and her friends have to find the necklace before she loses her life. I should’ve specified more. My brain works weird 😂

If it’ll let me I’ll share one of my collages.

Your story sounds super neat! And 70k words! Good going! I hate coming up with titles… And I’m never satisfied with the ones I come up with which makes it 1,000 times harder! XD Hopefully you’ll have better luck!

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Erynne.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

Lol, you’re just stealing my words!! 😛

Good luck with your collage! They’re a ton of fun to make and you can get super creative with them! I think I have like five made for my one fantasy XD

Can’t wait to hear about your story!!

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

Nice collage!! I’m really excited about working on mine now! 😀

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

Thanks!! Awesome! I can’t wait to see what you come up with 😁

Bethany
    @sparrowhawke

@quinn-ofallon

I love A Midsummer Night’s Dream so your WIP sounds fantastic!

"Can't have dirty garbage."

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

Quick question: what do you use to make your collages? Google docs?

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

I use an app called inCollage. It’s super easy and there’s a ton of options.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

inCollage, huh? Is it free/available for PC by any chance?

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

It should be available for PC.

Oh, try Photo Collage Maker. It’s the same thing but my tablet is weird. On some apps it will tell me it’s called one thing when it is actually called something different.

I hope that works for you! Sorry about that. If you have any more questions just let me know!

(Also if you still can’t get it, I can give you my email and you can send me some pictures. I’d be more than happy to make a collage or two for you. Just let me know! No pressure though. If you want to do it, you go for it! ;))

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

Got it! Thanks. It looks super cool! (And thx for the offer!) I’ll share once I’ve got it done. Perhaps I won’t share a worded summary, just let y’all get an idea of my WIP from the collage… hm… 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 122 total)
  • The forum ‘General Writing Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest