Intro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Ariednelle
    @ariednelle

Hi there, I’m Ariednelle (which is the name of my fantasy world). I’m a Robin Hood fanatic. I like to write fantasy.

Buddy J.
      @wordsmith

@ariednelle

Hey there! I am a wordsmith (go figure XD)! I enjoy writing anything from fantasy to scifi/superhero. I have never written historical fiction, and am not interested in it.

I am a fifth child out of seven, highly extroverted, and really enjoy writing. I also play a little music, and will scribble what I call drawings.

What are somethings you enjoy doing?

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Ariednelle
      @ariednelle

@Wordsmith! Hi! I love history but I’m mostly writing fantasy. My Robin Hood story is currently on hold because I was using it to help cope with my loneliness which was unhealthy. I’m working now on a fantasy series called The Crossings of Castern

Buddy J.
        @wordsmith

@ariednelle

The Crossings of Castern… Have you created an entire world for that? The name alone sounds bright blue, with green splotches, and a sandy colored bridge.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Buddy J.
        @wordsmith

You mentioning writing as a way to cope with loneliness brings up an interesting topic… Something I struggle with as a writer has to do with me being an extroverted writer. I have since learned that my writing is best and most creative when I don’t share it before it is done. But at the same time, I really want to share it as a way to get to know people, and spend time with them.

Very early this year, I was not a part of the online writing community. I really didn’t have any friends, that reached out to me, or were in a position to reach out to me. For the most part I only got to go see people when we had karate class, or on park day every other week. At park day none of my friends were really outgoing, and I felt like I was working to hard to have fun around them. And at karate, I had (and still do) more responsibility than can allow for the social side of things (being an Assistant Instructor).

So I turned to writing a blog. And funny enough, whether this was related to the blog or not, within a month or so I started running into huge groups of friends, where one leads to the next which leads to the next, and so forth.

Now this brings up another difficulty in that pretty soon, most all of my friends were online, and are even more so now, at which point it’s important to balance computer with outside life.

Sorry if that ramble annoyed you… but me seeing you say that brought this to mind. 🙂

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

@ariednelle, hi! Nice to meet you. I like writing fantasy, and sometimes wild, mixed-genres too… oh, and sometimes futuristic.

@wordsmith
          , another big family! Yay! I am the sixth child out of nine. Hope (or maybe Hope Ann as you may know her on here) is the oldest of the nine children in my family.

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
          @thewirelessblade

Large families everywhere!!!! WHOOO!!!!

*Forum Signature here*

Buddy J.
          @wordsmith

@andrew

You’re Hope’s brother? That’s so cool! What’s the age difference between ya’ll. The one and only girl in my family is the oldest, and she is nine years older than me. Aren’t oldest sisters amazing!(no offence to you oldest brothers… I just didn’t have an oldest brother)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Buddy J..

Andrew Schmidt
          @andrew

@wordsmith, Hope is twenty-three, and I am fourteen… which doing the math, means I we nine years are apart. Hey, that’s the same age difference with you.

But I’m not going to go through all the nine children in my family and their age differences… because that would take a lot of time. And as I get older, I start forgetting the different ages from the different children… and I’m not that great at math (my least favorite project in school).

Buddy J.
            @wordsmith

@andrew

Cool!

I have “only” six siblings, aged from 25 down to 10. Honestly sometimes I have trouble with their ages, but the funny thing is I can almost always remember the year they were born. And to make things worse (as far as remembering ages) is that I have three nieces and two nephews… They are far harder. The oldest I can remember be she is almost exactly ten years younger then me.

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
            @thewirelessblade

@wordsmith & @andrew

I got nine sibs. Including twins (I being one of those). I’m technically the second oldest at 17.

*Forum Signature here*

Buddy J.
            @wordsmith

@thewirelessblade @andrew

Oh my… Ya’ll make my family so small… *sniffs* And it reminds me that my sister no longer lives at home, and is with her husband and three kids… *tearing up* And that my older brother is making a living for his wife and two kids… It makes me happy that they are… but I miss them.

Can I cry on your shoulder for a little while?

Andrew Schmidt
            @andrew

@ariednelle, so, what is your WIP you’re working on right now?

@wordsmith
              @thewirelessblade

One of my brothers is in the Marines, another one is at boot camp and is going to become a Marine. Another one of brothers might soon too.

Buddy J.
              @wordsmith

@andrew

Wow! Is that hard?

Andrew Schmidt
              @andrew

@wordsmith, I don’t mean to sound coldhearted or anything, but I don’t find it that hard. (Sorry, no offense to anyone). But I still do care about them (of course).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest