Intermediate Level?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Intermediate Level?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Evelyn 7 hours, 51 minutes ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn

Sorry to remind you of your duties of life. xD ๐Ÿ˜‰

But are you really? (Jk, jk ๐Ÿ˜›)

Oh, wow! At least you were brave enough to try. ๐Ÿ˜€ Aw, that’s disappointing…I’m sorry. Your poetry is beautiful!

Nope…never. I don’t really know of any…if you know of any tell me, okay? xD

Yeah, really, really weird. Haha, that’s funny…because according to my sister-in-law, I’m the weirdest person in my family. I don’t know whether to embrace it or try and mend my ways. ๐Ÿคช (if that’s even possible…)

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson Itโ€™s fine. I still have so much to learn about poetry. ๐Ÿ˜

Oh sure! I uh heard of this contest the other day. This crazy friend told me about it… something called Story Embers? ย  ๐Ÿ˜œ

Itโ€™s strange how some people draw out my craziness more than others. And then some make me want to surpress it. I think it has to do with their personalities and whether I know them well or not.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn Wow, just wow.

๐Ÿ˜›

Itโ€™s strange how some people draw out my craziness more than others. And then some make me want to surpress it. I think it has to do with their personalities and whether I know them well or not.

YASSS! I so agree…some people just bring out all my weirdness. ๐Ÿ˜„ I’d say a lot of it just depends on the people I’m with and the circumstances I’m in.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson Yep! Same! It’s like I try to speak to people in their own language. And then sometimes it’s that I try to balance out tension/mood. Especially in certain settings.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn Yeah, me too. Although sometimes I mess up while I’m trying and I totally don’t speak the person’s language.ย  Then they just end up thinking I’m weird or immature. ๐Ÿ˜›

Sometimes I think I shouldn’t try so hard to please everybody and just be myself.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson Yeah, I’ve found it hard to decipher the difference between trying to please someone, and being flexible to communicating their way and keeping them comfortable.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn Ahh, life is so confusing. ๐Ÿ˜„

Oh, I’ve been meaning to ask you but kept forgetting…since you putย 51ย away for now, what are you working on?

• This reply was modified 6 days, 9 hours ago by  Eden Anderson.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson You can say that again… life. Yeah. Life is confusing. ๐Ÿ˜› xD

Well, I’m actually still working on 51, ha. Just I’m plotting out the timeline/life of my characters. Because since they skip around in time, it’s all pretty tangled. (One person’s past in another person’s future!) My plan is to try to tell the story through first person, but by writing the first fifth(ish) of the book in the perspective of one character. Then skipping to another. And then another. And so on, hopefully delivering it to the reader well. I’m going to plan out timelines for each person, then sort them to figure out what order would be best. I’m hoping to find a order that builds the tension of the story and then, the very last perspective ties it all together, all the questions and mysteries, in one or two chapters.

I’m not sure if this style will work out…

So I’m going to do all the work and send it to alpha readers for feedback. xD

It will be fun. ๐Ÿ˜€

My plans are:

1. Finish all the preparation by July.
    2. Spend July writing it.
    3. Edit in August
    4. Send out in September.

It’s such a relief to write that done. Now you can hold me accountable. xD ๐Ÿ˜‰

What are you working on right now?

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn Oh, whoops, my bad. I don’t know what I’m talking about. ๐Ÿ˜› I think you told me you were going to be doing a lot of plotting for 51 but I forgot. Sorry.

Oh, wow, that sounds intense! Go you for stepping out and trying something new! That actually inspires me. ๐Ÿ˜€

You’ve got a busy schedule…hope everything goes along smoothly. (or as smoothly as is possible…writing, after all, isn’t what one would really call a “smooth process”.) Regardless, hope it goes well!

Here’s to many days of happy writing!

What are you working on right now?

I’m still plugging away with Raven’s Mask. TRANSLATION: I am spending more time thinking about writing, than actually writing. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I hit a rough spot in the plot where I’m not sure where to go, so of course I did the best thing and just stopped writing it all together! That’ll help me for sure!!

*cough*

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson Hey no problem! xD

Oooh Raven’s Mask!

TRANSLATION: I am spending more time thinking about writing, than actually writing.

Ugh, I know how that feels. ๐Ÿ˜›

Is there any way I can help?

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn Thanks for your sympathy. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Well, see, I’m trying out something new in plottingย Raven’s Mask.ย In the beginning, the story rolled around in my head for like 3 years and when I felt ready I decided to try and write it, but that didn’t go so well, because I kinda knew where the story was going, but there were major plot holes and I didn’t know the ending and thatย bugged me so much. (I have decided that I am most definatelyย notย a panster.๐Ÿ˜œ) Not knowing where the story went annoyed me so much that I couldn’t write the book, so I decided to just write out the whole plot.

But now I am stuck with that too. A lot of it could be that this is my first “serious”novel. (if you know what I mean.) And it could be that perfectionism is getting in the way. ๐Ÿ™„ And it could also be that I want it all to flow magically from my fingers and so when I get stuck, I chuck my pen in the trash and get frustrated.

So, to sum up, I have problems and I need help.

But…I don’t know what help I need. ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson

BUT I WANT TO HELP

*cries*

Seriously though, do you need someone to bounce ideas off of? Someone to bug you about getting writing done? Someone to send you adorable pictures of hedgehogs?

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn Uh…please don’t cry.

That wasn’t really the affect I was going for here. ๐Ÿ˜›

Seriously though, do you need someone to bounce ideas off of? Someone to bug you about getting writing done? Someone to send you adorable pictures of hedgehogs?

That honestly made my day! ๐Ÿ˜Š I would love if you would do all of those things. ๐Ÿ˜ I really need an accountability partner…๐Ÿ˜ฌ And picture of hedgies would make me very happy.

Unfortunately, I am on a trip and don’t have access to a computer…if I did, I would e-mail you right now.

But, you’ll be hearing from me when I get home. ๐Ÿค—โค

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson I forgot that you are out of town! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

But yay! When you return I do expect an email! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Iโ€™m so excited!!! ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ย readersย answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest