fb

Instagram for Artists

Forums Art Art Discussions Instagram for Artists

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

If you had asked me last year, or even two months ago if I was ever gonna get an Instagram for my art, then I would have said “nah”. But for the last while, I’ve been thinking about it off and on and I think it actually makes sense for me to start one now. 😮

So then, here are my questions!
    First of all, is there any advice or wisdom you wish you’d had before you started an Instagram? I’ll take anything, but any thoughts on Instagram for artists is more what I’m interested in.

And nextly, Who here has an Instagram for their art? How long have you had it, and what is your username on there? (If I may ask!)

@blueberry
    @christieaton @sageinthemeadow @slisby @ethryndal @chalice @anyonelse

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Chalice
    @chalice

@the-fledgling-artist, advice for using Instagram? Hmm… the first thing I thought of is set yourself some sort of time boundary, for example: only getting on Instagram for fifteen minutes or half an hour each day (Or something like that), because it can be easy to get “sucked in” and spend hours on there. (*Sigh* Yeah, I know from experience.)

I don’t know if I can think of anything on the subject of Instagram for artists. 😛 But if I think of something, I’ll let you know. Are there any specific questions you have?

I’ve been on IG kind of off and on (right now I’m taking a break) for about two years. My username is: chalicetheartist

Hope that’s a help! 🙂

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

Christine Eaton
    @christieaton

@the-fledgling-artist From what I have learned, use hashtags so more people might be able to find you, and interact with other artists (especially if they have around the same size following) I watched a few Youtube videos but the IG “algorithm” to gain more people to find you is really difficult.

Just try to be consistent in posting and just see what happens. Have fun 🙂

(I’m kinda all over the place with my own account.)

“I feel a loneliness for my Creator that pulls me like a migratory bird in the Fall.”

Sarah Louise
    @slisby

As I’m fairly new on instagram (just got it maybe a month ago?), I don’t think I can offer very much advice other than ‘Don’t make your account private if you’re posting art there to get a following’. I got on mainly because I wanted to amuse myself and my sisters with the crazy filters, and I ended up keeping it so I could keep up with my friend’s stuff. I’m not particularly there to get a following, but I occasionally post my art because why not. ^-^

"Not all who wander are lost.

...But I sure am." -doge

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@slisby @christieaton @chalice
    Thanks guys! It was great to hear what you all had to say on the matter. I didn’t really have any specific questions, mostly just wanted a clue of what I’m getting into haha.

Christine Eaton
    @christieaton

@the-fledgling-artist Yeah it is really a weird platform and as far as I know practically all artists are struggling with it.

“I feel a loneliness for my Creator that pulls me like a migratory bird in the Fall.”

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@christieaton Really? Why do you think that is? Do you know of any other sites that seem more artist friendly?

Sageinthemeadow
    @sageinthemeadow

@the-fledgling-artist I don’t have an account, so I can’t offer much advice! But I do know that if you want your posts to be seen, or build a community, it takes a lot of work. Using all of the popular hashtags, commenting on other’s pages, and posting frequently helps a lot. 🙂

https://sageinthemeadow.wordpress.com

ProfessorSJB
    @professorsjb

@the-fledgling-artist

I don’t do Instagram, but I started twitter. I also have Tumblr, since I know more artists on there. On a completely different note, James Riley is awesome!

INFJ: Bibliomaniac that pretends to be a Bibliophile, owns an imaginary typewriter...

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@professorsjb What do you like (or dislike) about Tumblr?   Yea! James Riley is great! How did you know I like him? 😀 (Owen Conners is probably my all time favorite character ever.. 😀 )

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.