fb

*insert unique greeting here*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *insert unique greeting here*

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Madelyn
    @madelyn

Greetings!

I’ve been following Story Embers since it started and Kingdom Pen before that. After years of reading these forums, I have finally joined!

Let’s see… How exactly does one do this introduction thing? Guess I’ll just have to wing it 😉

My name is Madelyn, and I am a homeschooler from the USA. I’ve been writing for about… *does rapid and complicated calculations*… a… long time? Probably about 7 years, but I only got serious about writing 3-4 years ago. I write fantasy, poetry, and a bit of non-fiction dabbled in there. Currently, I am writing two novels–one by myself and the other I’m co-authoring.

My writing style leans towards an old English-y style, but lacking in those strange words such as “methinks”, “thee”, and “thus”. I believe I got Intermediate on the writer’s quiz here on SE… or was it Advanced? My memory fails me on this subject.

My favorite authors include J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Jane Austen, Susan Warner, Andrew Peterson, S. D. Smith, Chuck Black, Jessica Day George, Jennifer A. Nielsen, and… probably quite a few more!

Aside from writing, my interests include medical science (I hope to make a career out of it), drawing, cleaning (does that count as an interest?), and spontaneously organizing everything. And reading, of course 🙂

For those of you who are familiar with the 16 personalities test, I scored as an ENFJ.

Let’s just finish this off with a few questions for all of you!

What is your primary writing genre/form?

What is your biggest interest/passion aside from writing?

And how about a bizarre one…

If your writing style was a color, what color would it be?

I’m excited to get to know y’all!

In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found.

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

Hello @madelyn ! Welcome to StoryEmbers!

I write historical fiction novels, and non-fiction articles the most. (:

But, I love to write in many genres.

The Lord Jesus Christ, Creator of all.

Bcause of Him, I have a passion for the Muslim people, and Islam.

Oooh… That is interesting…

Purple?

What about you? (:

Welcome again!

Post Script: ‘In Christ Alone’ is an amazing hymn. <3

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Kimmi.

Jominkreesa

God told you to go; He did not say you would return.

Erynne
    @erynne

@madelyn

Hi Madelyn, I’m Erynne. Welcome to SE!!

You sound like you’d be super cool to hang out with. I am also a homeschooler from the USA. What state do you live in?

I love to read and write fantasy and romance for sure.

My biggest passion… After @kimlikesart, my answer is going to be nothing. (Although I totally love and agree with that answer) I really love music and art. One of my bff’s is teaching me violin, but I also know a little bit of piano and want to learn guitar. I’m not bad at painting, but I am trying to progress my sketching/drawing skills.

Hmm… My writing style being a color. Probably like a light blue.

I’m going to enjoy learning more about you! 🙂

sparrowhawke
    @sparrowhawke

Hi @madelyn!

You can call me Sparrow. I’m also a homeschooler, write poetry, and like an older writing style (whether I actually write in it is another question).

I write poetry the most. My genres are fantasy and a little contemporary, but I need to actually put my ideas to paper. Poems seem to be all I can finish.

My biggest interest aside from writing is probably reading. I’m also really into Latin.

That’s an interesting question! I’m thinking maybe gray or brown? Something kind of boring lol. Most of my stories seem to have a neutral aesthetic, if that makes any sense.

Some questions for you:
    What’s your favorite song or band/artist? What’s the first story you remember writing?

Semper ubi sub ubi.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@madelyn

Aha! As soon as someone starts talking about Tolkien or Andrew Peterson, I know I need to meet them.😂 And you like to spontaneously organize (which I do also, very spontaneously). So *awkward hug* nice to meet you!

I’m Grace. Teenage centaur-loving, LoTR fangirl that likes to run outside on windy days and sing at the top of her lungs.😂 And I like writing.

I’m a fantasy writer, but I also dabble in just about everything. At this moment, I’m part-way through my first novel.😬

I’m very into art (painting, drawing, digital art, etc.), and cats, but I think my biggest passion is story in general. Everything is a story.

Uhhh…I really have no idea, so I’ll say grey-ish blue (my favorite color).😆 Like the color of thunderhead clouds (if that makes any sense). Subtle, but deep.

A question for you:

In all the books you’ve read, what’s one character that really stands out to you?

What’s your favorite theme for stories?

And:

What’s your favorite food? 

Not all who wander are lost.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@madelyn

Greetings, Madelyn! Welcome to the forum!

Those questions are an awesome idea, btw!

YA fantasy! I’m drafting the second book of a trilogy and passionately procrastinating on editing the first.

Art! Or horses, or sewing, or music. No, art. Definitely art.

Color…. brilliant question! My books have color palettes and aesthetics, but I don’t know if that’s what you mean…

What can I say, I was an artist first. XD But, do you know how hard it is to structure a plot when you only have: “Deep, grayish blues and greens, the color of a stormy sea, set off with vibrant blacks and whites and threaded through with gold and red” (An idea I’m planning)

Or: “Dusty, earthy tones, with rich jewel tints such as ruby, sapphire, and emerald.” That’s my current WIP. XD I think of these first and I do use them in my descriptions, a little. They’re mostly for my art because I draw my characters a lot.

Well… umm.. to get back to the point XD I wouldn’t say I have a specific writing style yet. Actually, I have several, each of my POV characters sound like they were written by different people. It’s weird XD.

I just rambled about a ramble. That’s just plain impressive at this point LOL. Okay, here goes: Usually, I’d say it’s a dark red. Vibrant, but not overbearingly bright. (Also one of my favorite colors XD)

I love an older writing style! I love reading books that were written during the Victorian times that have an older style. (The Railway Children, Anne of Green Gables and its sequels, etc.)

It’s awesome to find another Jen Nielsen fan! Which books of hers have you read? I’ve read all the historicals, The Scourge, and the Ascendance series. (Sage is the best character. Ever.)

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Madelyn
    @madelyn

Hey y’all, sorry it took me a while to reply 😉 The computer got restarted before I had a chance to finish my reply.

Hi @kimlikesart!

Ooh, I love non-fiction articles! What sort of things do you write about?

Nice! I think mine would be a deep greyish blue 🙂

Thank you!

I know, it’s such an amazing song! The lyrics are so deep!

Hello @erynne! (I love your name!)

Awesome! I’m from the Midwest (I’d rather not specify the state cause, ya’ know, cybersecurity 😉 )

Ooh, I love fantasy!

Cool! What style of music do you play?  I love painting! Not doing it, just looking at it 😉 What do you like to paint? Do you use oil or watercolor?

Thanks, I look forward to getting to know you more too!

Hi Sparrow! @sparrowhawke

Wow, that’s awesome! I feel like there aren’t many people out there who still enjoy the older writing style. It’s cool that you do! What are your favorite older literature books?

I love poetry!! Yeah, I agree, poems are a lot easier to finish than many other forms of writing. I recently  (like, yesterday 😉 ) wrote a super long poem for my sister and her husband for their first engagement anniversary. What sort of poetry do you write?

That’s so cool! Latin sounds super interesting since it was the foundation for a lot of languages today.

Gotcha! Neutral colors have a sort of quiet, calm beauty 🙂

What’s your favorite song or band/artist?

I actually don’t listen to much music, but I definitely enjoy classical (Vivaldi) and worship music (like the Gettys or Laura Story). I only listen to songs that we own, so my options are pretty limited 😉 What about you?

What’s the first story you remember writing?

Oh dear! Yes… that…. I believe it was penned in my mom’s church notebook during a service. It was about a girl finding a cat, but I only got a few messy pages in. What about you?

Hey there, @arindown!

YES, they are awesome authors.

Lord of the Rings fangirl? Running in the wind? You sound like my twin! I love the wind; my family knows that if the car windows are open then I am nearly out the window (not literally though, cause, ya’ know, safety). Have you read The Silmarillion?

Drawing? Digital art? Cats? How are we so similar?? I am a cat lady through and through. Do you own any?

Ohhh, yeah I know that color! It’s beautiful 🙂

In all the books you’ve read, what’s one character that really stands out to you?

Just one? Hmmmm… I would have to say Kalmar from The Wingfeather Saga. He starts out so light-hearted but then goes through such trial. He gains such gravity that portrays his history of hardship. What about you?

What’s your favorite theme for stories?

Sort of going back into what I just said, I really love the stories that show beauty from ashes. When a character goes through much hardship, and they learn and find strength and truth.

What’s your favorite food?

Hmmm… Oddly enough, I actually don’t like food very much, so I’m not sure XD

@rose-colored-fancy
    (that’s such an interesting tag!)

Hi!

Thanks! I’m pretty sure I got the idea from reading other introduction forums 😉

That’s so awesome! What does it feel like to finish the first draft? I’ve never done it before XD

Nice! What medium do you use?

Ohhhh, yes, I get it! When I started writing I used like three adjectives before every noun. Your descriptions are so vivid! I can definitely tell you’re an artist.

Haha! I enjoyed your ramble 😉 It was so colorful! I can definitely tell your color would be dark red–partly because your name is Rose 🙂

That’s awesome!! Oh, yes, I’ve read The Railway Children! Have you read any other books by E. Nesbit? Some other really good works by her are Five Children and It, Wet Magic, and The Enchanted Castle.

Yes, she is such a good writer!! I have read the Ascendance series (well, technically I’m just finished 4th book. Isn’t she writing another?) and I read A Night Divided a long time ago. Sage/Jaron is such a good character! He’s literally the smartest character I’ve ever read. Most main characters you’re screaming at to the obvious sensible thing but Sage it’s more like… he always has a genius plot that the reader doesn’t know.

Anyhow.

Little rant there 😉

It’s gonna be great to get to know y’all!

Erynne
    @erynne

@madelyn (thanks for the compliment!😊)

Ok cool! I’m also from the Midwest. I totally get the cyber security thing. I was barely allowed to say that I have two brothers.

I’ve only played violin for two months so I’m not even past learning Twinkle Twinkle Little Star XD but I’m planning on learning pretty much everything. Especially hymns and soundtracks to my favorite movies 😁. I haven’t played piano in a few years but I played everything. Waltzes were my favorite though.

I paint sceneries with oils. I started out doing Bob Ross tutorials, but now I mainly just use reference pictures.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@madelyn

Heya Madelyn!

(that’s such an interesting tag!)

partly because your name is Rose

Thank you! I think I got the idea from a line in Anne of Green Gables. Rose is also the name of one of my favorite characters, so that’s why I picked that username XD That would be Rose from “The Red Ribbon” by Lucy Adlington. (That book is soooo good!!)

That’s so awesome! What does it feel like to finish the first draft? I’ve never done it before XD

It was exhilarating XD As soon as I typed ‘to be continued’ I was basically doing a happy dance XD Though, the editing…. I’m fully convinced that I have no grasp of English XD

I had no idea what I was doing, and the run-on sentences, and the clumsy dialogue *Shudders* Also, I refused to describe anything, so the first ten chapters look like they’re happening in a cardboard box. Yeah… that’ll be fun to edit. It was a bit of a learning curve LOL

Nice! What medium do you use?

I like to sketch traditionally, but I color digitally, usually. I occasionally use colored pencils or watercolor, but that’s the exception. Do you draw/paint?

When I started writing I used like three adjectives before every noun. Your descriptions are so vivid! I can definitely tell you’re an artist.

Aww, thank you so much! Sometimes I think my posts on here are better than my actual writing LOL. As I mentioned before, I had the opposite problem of not describing anything, ever, so everything is as drab as sand, peanuts, and brown paper bags. I still do that in first drafts, sometimes XD

Haha! I enjoyed your ramble   It was so colorful! I can definitely tell your color would be dark red–partly because your name is Rose

Thank you, I’m glad you liked it 😉 I enjoyed writing it.

That’s awesome!! Oh, yes, I’ve read The Railway Children! Have you read any other books by E. Nesbit? Some other really good works by her are Five Children and It, Wet Magic, and The Enchanted Castle.

Hmm, I don’t think I have, actually. I really loved The Railway Children though, so I may have to see if I can find some others. They’re also really useful since I’m now practically fluent in Victorian slang. Now, that’s a weird accomplishment XD

Yes, she is such a good writer!! I have read the Ascendance series (well, technically I’m just finished 4th book. Isn’t she writing another?) and I read A Night Divided a long time ago.

Yes! “The Shattered Castle” is coming out in October! I really loved all the books, they’re SO awesome! I don’t know if you know, but Jennifer Nielsen has a website, and she’s really active. She often posts short stories, giveaways, announcements, or stuff like art contests. It’s really fun! The website is jennielsen.com

Sage/Jaron is such a good character! He’s literally the smartest character I’ve ever read. Most main characters you’re screaming at to the obvious, sensible thing but Sage it’s more like… he always has a genius plot that the reader doesn’t know.

*SPOILERS for anyone reading!*

Yes! Jaron is an epic character, one of the best I’ve ever read! I love his sass (I adore sassy characters) and how clever he is, but it never makes me have to suspend disbelief.

The first book is probably my favorite, with the big plot twist. Unreliable narrators are the best, and as soon as I finished it, I wanted to reread it. I’ve read it…. four, five times now? (I love rereading books XD) and I’ve discovered that Jaron only lies twice in the entire book! All the others are technically true, which was just plain genius.

My other favorite characters are Imogen, Tobias, and Mott. Though, I like all the characters!

Little rant there

Ranting is appreciated XD

Question time!

What books have impacted your writing style the most?

For me, that would definitely be the Ascendence series, for characters and plot, Anne of Green Gables, for prose, Ranger’s Apprentice for characters. (Okay, not all the characters are great, the female characters are often about as interesting as cardboard, but the idea stands, and Will and Halt make up for it!) For worldbuilding and plot in general, I really love “The Letter for the King” by Tonke Dragt (Not to be confused with the Netflix series.)

What’s your current WIP? I’d love to hear a summary!

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

sparrowhawke
    @sparrowhawke

@madelyn

Some of my favorite older books are Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice, and The Scarlet Letter. I also like really old Greek epics and plays.

That sounds like a really sweet poem! I write about different things, but I try to make most of my poems rhyme. If they don’t, I tend to repeat lines. I don’t really like free verse poems so I try not to write them, lol. Right now I’m actually writing some poems inspired by The Scarlet Letter.

I like the Gettys too. I think most of the music I listen to would be called indie. Some of my favorite groups right now are The Gray Havens, The Oh Hellos, and The Arcadian Wild (there seems to be a pattern with their names). They’re Christian groups and have some really great lyrics and tunes.

My first story was about a hippo and tortoise who got married. Yes XD. I was five and apparently interspecies relationships did not bother me like they do now.

What’s the last book you read? I just finished Lovely War by Julie Berry, and although I’m not a romance fan, I really enjoyed it.

Semper ubi sub ubi.

Madelyn
    @madelyn

@erynne

Nice!! Yep, cybersecurity is definitely a big thing nowadays.

That’s cool!! What are your favorite hymns? That would be so cool to learn soundtrack music!! I really love that kind of music, especially the soundtracks from Narnia, The Lord of the Rings, The Pirates of the Caribbean, and The Hobbit. They’re so well done! Oh, yeah, waltzes have such a neat rhythm to them! I tried piano a few times, but I thoroughly learned that instruments are not my forte 😉

Awesome!! Personally, I prefer oil paintings to watercolor too (though they both are pretty!). My sister likes to paint to Bob Ross tutorials sometimes as well. His paintings are amazing! Do you mostly do landscapes, then?

@rose-colored-fancy

Ohhh, that does sound like Anne of Green Gables, so it totally makes sense. I love the whimsical way that Anne describes things!

That sounds amazing! I look forward so much to the moment of completion. What is your book about? Ah, yes, editing. Though I’ve never done it, I can imagine that there’s still a world of work to do after the first draft is finished! Surprisingly, though, I enjoy actually editing. It feels so satisfying to polish things up. I often edit the last thing I wrote rather than actually go on writing… which is more likely than not why my writing often goes at the pace of a sleepy sedentary sloth.

Fun!! I am slightly in awe of people who can draw things digitally. Whenever I try, it feels nearly impossible!! It’s so hard to manipulate the lines and colors with my finger. Yes, I enjoy drawing with colored pencils and some sketching. I usually stick to landscapes, but I’ve more recently been trying to learn how to draw realistic people. What sort of things do you draw?

I definitely see your description! Yeah, sometimes writing for more casual things (like forums) really helps progress skills for the bigger projects (novels). That’s why I regularly take a break from writing to enter a contest or write a poem.

Ooh, yes, her other books are really good, so I would highly recommend them! The Railway Children is actually the only book I’ve read by her that isn’t fantasy. All the others that I’ve read are sort of a whimsical English fantasy.

Oh, yeah, I love trying to learn Victorian slang! It can be so fun to pop it into an everyday conversation. The English have such a cool dialect! Their accent, their phrases, etc, etc…

Oohhh, awesome! I’ll be sure to place a hold on it at the library. I didn’t even know that there would be another book until I got to the end of the fourth 😉 Yes, I think I know about her website. That’s cool! My sister entered a contest for it once, I believe.

*MORE SPOILERS FOR ANYONE READING*

I know, Jaron is so well written!! One of the most unique characters that I’ve ever read.

Yes, the first book was sooo cool. I got the sense throughout it that Sage was keeping a secret and I didn’t really know him, but that’s what kept me reading. I guessed that he was the *SPOILER* true prince before it was actually revealed, so it was cool to wait and see if I was right 😉

Ooh, I didn’t know that!! That does sound a lot like him 🙂

I think I like Jaron, Roden, Tobias, Fink, and (more recently) Darius best, but, as you said, they’re all great!

Good question!!

I think I mostly relate to the wit (when I use wit) of C. S. Lewis, Jane Austen, and E. Nesbit. All those English authors 😉 As far as characters, I think that Andrew Peterson has created some of the deepest characters that I’ve read, so I most aspire to his character creation. With world-building, I really admire the extensive work of Tolkien. He’s probably the reason that my world got so… complicated… ;). With prose, I relate to Jane Austen and Susan Warner.

I’ve heard of The Ranger’s Apprentice; what’s it about?

Whew, so, I don’t technically have an “official” synopsis, so I’ll just give an impromptu, semi-clumsy explanation:

Book Title: Escaping the Throne

When the rulers of Arlivia both die of The Plague, their daughter, Nevanna, is faced with inheriting the throne. With this great tragedy, the tensions with the neighboring country of Nenavar snapped into a declaration of war. With immense responsibility looming over her, Neva’s courage fails and she flees from the castle. On the run from her own family and friends, she travels north to the small village of Avadville and is faced with a life of the lowest peasantry. As she struggles through a life of toil and hardship, Neva’s eyes begin to open to the mistreatment of the underclass. She is becomes convicted of the suffering of her people, and inwardly questions her decision of escaping the throne.

That was more or less the premise 😉

@sparrowhawke

Nice! I love Pride and Prejudice!! Have you read any of the other books by Jane Austen?

It was fun to write 🙂 Yes, I agree, I think rhyming poetry always sounds better (though I have read some beautiful free verse before!). That’s awesome! How long do you generally make your poems?

Gotcha! I haven’t heard of any of those, but, then again, I’m

That’s so funny! XD

A friend recently lent me The Prince Warrior series, and I’m on the second book. It’s an interesting series, and it doesn’t seem to follow the traditional storyline but is more of a bunch of stories in one book. I’m enjoying it.

What is The Lovely War about?

Erynne
    @erynne

@madelyn

My favorite hymns… I love In Christ Alone, It is Well With My Soul, Jesus Paid It All, and The Solid Rock. My list keeps going though XD

My favorite soundtracks are from The Greatest Showman, Highschool Musical, and pretty much any other Disney movie.

Watercolor can look amazing if it’s done right, but honestly I don’t have that much patience or talent so I’ll stick to oils 😛 And yes, I do mainly sceneries. I’ve done a few buildings and I’m currently working on a Medieval town square, but that’s something I definitely need more work on.

What kind of drawing do you do?

sparrowhawke
    @sparrowhawke

@madelyn

I haven’t read any other Austen books, but Sense and Sensibility and Emma are both on my to-read list. I’ve seen an adaptation of Emma though.

It varies. Most of my poems are at least a few stanzas though, and each stanza is around four lines.

I haven’t heard of the Prince Warrior series, so I’ll have to look that up. Lovely War is a dual-romance set in World War I told from the perspective of the  Greek goddess Aphrodite. I read it because I really like mythology and one of my friends said it was really good. The prose was excellent and the story good too, but I think the characters could have had stronger flaws.

Semper ubi sub ubi.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@madelyn

Hi Madelyn!

That sounds amazing! I look forward so much to the moment of completion. What is your book about?

It’s sooo satisfying! Here’s the blurb for the first book:

Seven tribes live in harmony in the deserts of Yerasht, or so it seems. A powerful tribe waits for an opportunity to rule the land unchallenged.

When the newly crowned king of the Lehabim is captured in an unexpected attack, impulsive princess Liorah must find a way to save her brother.

With the aid of her friends, bubbly Sahar and cynical Acyn, Liorah must rescue her brother before it is too late. If she fails, all she holds dear is lost. The enemy, Hakan, ruler of the Kezbes, will stop at nothing to destroy her family and her tribe.

Liorah becomes entwined in a war bigger and more dangerous than she bargained for. Not everyone is to be trusted and nothing is as it seems in the deserts and cities of Yerasht.

Your book sounds awesome! Neva sounds like such a cool character, and it’s so interesting that we’re both writing about princesses XD

Surprisingly, though, I enjoy actually editing. It feels so satisfying to polish things up. I often edit the last thing I wrote rather than actually go on writing… which is more likely than not why my writing often goes at the pace of a sleepy sedentary sloth.

I do like line-editing too! I usually do a quick line-edit after I finish each chapter, which helps me get a better view of the chapter. It’s quite fun to see it emerging clearly.

Fun!! I am slightly in awe of people who can draw things digitally. Whenever I try, it feels nearly impossible!! It’s so hard to manipulate the lines and colors with my finger.

Yeah, I don’t think I could do that either! I use a desktop and a drawing pad, and I really love that!

Yes, I enjoy drawing with colored pencils and some sketching. I usually stick to landscapes, but I’ve more recently been trying to learn how to draw realistic people. What sort of things do you draw?

That’s awesome! I’m not that good at landscapes, but I’m trying to improve by adding detailed backgrounds to my drawings.

I mostly draw my characters (and other characters, I love making fanart). My style is semi-realistic, with kind of a Disney influence. I drew my profile picture 😉

I definitely see your description! Yeah, sometimes writing for more casual things (like forums) really helps progress skills for the bigger projects (novels). That’s why I regularly take a break from writing to enter a contest or write a poem.

Ooh, yes! That helps so much. I’m in one of the character castles, and it’s helped me soooo much. You get to put your characters in the weirdest situations to see what they do, and you can get feedback on them. And you aren’t tied to a plot or a tone, so you can goof off every now and then. (For example, I once made the malevolent castle speak in a ridiculous southern accent for no particular reason. And I think one of my characters is currently doing backflips in zero gravity? No, actually, she just stopped. XD) It’s been so helpful!

Oh, yeah, I love trying to learn Victorian slang! It can be so fun to pop it into an everyday conversation. The English have such a cool dialect! Their accent, their phrases, etc, etc…

IKR! Though, the Victorian writing style can be a little odd sometimes XD Info dumping wasn’t frowned upon yet, and it shows XD And some super mundane actions are so vastly exaggerated “He threw himself onto the chair,” when only sitting down jumps to mind XD

I think I mostly relate to the wit (when I use wit) of C. S. Lewis, Jane Austen, and E. Nesbit. All those English authors   As far as characters, I think that Andrew Peterson has created some of the deepest characters that I’ve read, so I most aspire to his character creation. With world-building, I really admire the extensive work of Tolkien. He’s probably the reason that my world got so… complicated… ;). With prose, I relate to Jane Austen and Susan Warner.

That’s so cool!

I’ve heard of The Ranger’s Apprentice; what’s it about?

Oooh, here we go!!

Okay, so it’s about an orphan, Will, who gets accepted into the mysterious Ranger corps. They’re an elite group of scouts, spies, and special forces who maintain order in the kingdom. That’s the shortest summary I can possibly give XD

There are eleven books, and four books in the sequel series, Royal Ranger. And there’s another spin-off series, Brotherband, which has eight books.

My favorite part about RA is the character relationships! There are some amazing friendships in there, and the romances are pretty sweet. The series gets better as you go on, the best books are numbers 7-9. (In my opinion XD) The series is overall quite clean, not much violence (less than Ascendence), and only mild cursing. There are some fantasy creatures in the first two books, but they make no reappearance after that point. The worldbuilding is pretty good, if not super original.

What’s your favorite part about your current WIP?

What is Neva like? She sounds like a cool character!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest