fb

I’m Starting a New Blog Series–Want to Join?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions I’m Starting a New Blog Series–Want to Join?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Zee
    @zee

Hello All,

I’m hoping to start a new series on my blog, showcasing the work of young writers who may not have much “publicity” yet, and I’d love for as many of you as possible to be involved!

If you want to participate in the series, which I’m going to call “Works in Progress,” you’ll need to send me a description of what your current story is about (no spoilers, of course), and/or thoughts you have about it as you write. If possible, it would also be great to have a short excerpt from your current (or recently completed) work. AND, if you have a cover for it, or any kind of concept/character portraits, I’d love to share them, too.

Please send your content to: btznvnt@gmail.com, and I’ll email you when your post is live!

DeepRun
    @deeprun

@zee

I know several young writers that I’m going to hassle about this!  Amazing that you’d feature them!

You do not have a soul. You have a body.
    You are a soul. - C.S. Lewis

Hope McClellan
    @hope-mcclellan

@zee

No way!! This is so neat! I’ll see if I can pull something together! This is so awesome for you to do!

"Write the vision, and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it."
    Habakkuk 2:2

Dakota
    @dakota

@zee This is a cool thing to do! I do have a question though: What does “young writer” mean? I’m twenty-one, so I wasn’t sure if I would fit in that category.

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@zee Ooh, I’ll have to give this some thought! I just recently finished the third draft of my novel.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Zee
    @zee

Please do, @deeprun! I’ll be looking forward to seeing what they (and you) have to share.

No worries, @dakota. When I said “young” I was thinking essentially anyone under thirty, even though that may not feel very young to some of you. You’ll understand when you’re my age…

Thanks for being willing to participate, everybody!

Dakota
    @dakota

@zee Okay, thanks. And I’ll keep that in mind . . .

@naiya-dyani
    Oh, cool! *high fives*

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@zee What’s the link for your blog?

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Zee
    @zee

@naiya-dyani, the website is https://shardsofsevia.wordpress.com, and the actual blog page is under the heading “This and That” at the top right-hand corner.

@dakota
    , @hope-mcclellan, @deeprun, and anybody else who’s interested–I forgot to mention that I’m hoping to start this series early next year, so if interested parties could get their submissions to me no later than January 31, that would be great! Again, my email is btznvnt@gmail.com

Kristianne
    @kristianne-hassman

@zee

What a great opportunity! I will definitely consider participating in this, although my WIP is still in its very rough stages.

Courage, dear heart.

Zee
    @zee

@kristianne-hassman, that’s no problem. Feel free to share as much or as little about it as you want. The idea is to give people an opportunity to talk about their writing with a slightly wider audience than they may have had up to this point, and maybe spark some interest in their ideas and stories, so that when they do eventually finish…and publish…they may have a ready-made fan or two out there.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@zee,

Very cool (and extremely exciting) idea! Will talk to my parents… 🙂

"For love is strong as death." -God

Zee
    @zee

Sounds great, @joelle-stone! And I like your tagline, BTW.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@zee,

Thank you! Andrew Peterson is my favorite author. 😉

My mom may want to email you and ask you some questions; are you alright with that if she does?

"For love is strong as death." -God

Zee
    @zee

@joelle-stone, sure, that’s no problem. My email is btznvntATgmailDOTcom.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest