fb

I'm publishing a series of fairytale retelling short stories

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions I'm publishing a series of fairytale retelling short stories

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

I’m preparing to publish a series of fairytale retelling short stories titled The Mirror-Hunter Chronicles, and I figured I’d check here and see if anyone would be interested in helping me promote them through a cover reveal and/or blog tour. Here’s the series synopsis:
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>
    All the fairytales you’ve heard are wrong. They’ve all been twisted to be acceptable for general consumption, but I’m here to set the record straight.
    I’m Solem Anders, Mirror-Hunter, and this is what really happened.</p>

A Series of Unfortunate Events meets Disney in this short story series as Solem Anders pursues a volatile magic mirror across Ambrel, seeking to destroy it and end its trail of tragedy. But when princess Eira steps in his path and enlists his help to overthrow her mother, he is lured into her Pack by the promise of information. Is this the shortest path to the mirror, or just a treacherous diversion?

With the mirror barely out of reach, Solem’s time is ticking away, and he’ll lose far more than a princess when the clock strikes.
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>****</p>
    The cover reveal is set for April 16th, the blog tour will run from the 17th to the 30th, and the book releases May 1st. If you’re interested, you can sign up here.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@r-m-archer

I’d love to help out, but I don’t really know how a blog tour works and also cover reveals. Would you be able to explain it? I’d definitely be interested!

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@bama-rose

A cover reveal is when the author reveals the cover of their upcoming book publicly, and other cover reveal participants share it on their own social media and/or blogs to help it get more reach and get people excited.

A blog tour is kind of similar, but it’s for the book itself and is usually limited to blogs (hence the name). For x amount of time surrounding a book’s release (in this case, the two weeks leading up to release), various blog tour participants will post on their blogs about the book, whether they’re posting a review, a character interview, an author interview, whatever. What exactly the post type options are depends on the author and what their focus is or how much work they’re willing to put in.

Did that explain clearly?

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@r-m-archer

Yeah, that makes more sense! Cool!

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@r-m-archer

For the blog tour with the different types, an author interview would be me asking you questions? And the character interview would be me asking you questions about your characters?

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@bama-rose

An author interview would be asking me questions (about writing in general and about the project specifically), a character interview would be you asking one of the characters from the book questions (like one of the character interviews on my blog). πŸ™‚

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

Oh ok. Thanks!

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@bama-rose

Absolutely! πŸ™‚

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@r-m-archer

Aww, yay!! It’s happening! I’m so excited for you! πŸ˜„ Your stories sound awesome! I hope you get lots of people interested in promoting your book. (If I had my blog, I would totally help you out in the blog tour. But I don’t, so…😒)

Anyways, best of luck and here’s to much success!

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@eden-anderson

Thank you! ^-^

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@r-m-archer

I’d love to do a cover reveal/author interview with you!

Mahalo keia huiΚ»ana

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@seekjustice

Awesome! πŸ˜€

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@r-m-archer

Sounds very interesting. I’d love to read it!

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.