I’m Here For My Awkward Hello (Finally)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself I’m Here For My Awkward Hello (Finally)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Mrs. Skywalker
    @padawanpadme

Please ignore any intense awkwardness you encounter in this 

Hey everyone! It’s good to finally do a re-hello up here, as my old account was deleted. (It was per my request, don’t worry. It wasn’t removed by aliens or anything.)

How’s it going with you guys? I was really off of the Story Embers forum for a while, but getting back has been really swell. You guys are awesome up here.

I still don’t know a lot of you, so I’d love if you’d sit and chat a while! Let’s talk about your favorite books! Also what about movies? (Where are my Star Wars fans??????)

I LOVE talking about writing, so feel free to tell me what genres you write in, what your favorite part of writing is, and most importantly, favored method of torturing characters.

*glitters away*

"I never made a deal with Kanjiklub."

Naiya Dyani
      @naiya-dyani

@padawanpadme Ooh, torturing characters! Well, let’s se–

Most of my characters: SHUT YOUR MOUTH THIS INSTANT.

Me: But–

Kiet: *looks at me with tears in his eyes and hugs his cat tighter*

Me: *melts* I’m sorry, Kiet! I’ll stop!

Sorry, I have to go comfort my boi. I kind of made things rough for him recently. . .

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Naiya Dyani.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Ethan_Emanresu
        @ethan_emanresu

Hello! My name is Ethan. I am thirteen years old and mostly (Okay, ONLY) write medieval-style fantasy. I have started five stories, gave up on three of them, and only one of the two that are left is going well.

So. My favorite books….? *Chuckles nervously* should I name them off alphabetically or according to word length? XD here are some of them: The Chronicles of Narnia(C. S. Lewis) The Seven Sleepers Series(Gilbert Morris), This Present Darkness, Piercing the Darkness, and The Cooper Kids Adventure Series(Frank Peretti), Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and the Silmarillion (J. R. R. Tolkien) The Ascendance Trilogy(Jennifer A. Nielson), and the Left Behind Series(Jerry B. Jenkins).

My favorite part of writing is sending parts (I never actually finished a story before) of my writing to my friends. My favorite method of torture is having one’s friend die >:D

Asher: “That’s not funny! Jared was my best friend, and I’m going to keep my promise.” *Glares as he trudges over the sand*

Adrian and Ivoulac(My antagonists in each book) “Huh? What is the use of friends when one can have enemies?”

Aileen: “I lost my mother and father in the great war, and my brother to a giant fox. My friends were all captured or killed. All I have is Titus, and it isn’t in you to kill him.” *Smiles*

INFP writer and friend of rain, darkness, dragons, and other writers

Violet
          @pookiemonster

YAY! Another Star Wars fan. There are a few on here but not many die-hard fans, if you know what I mean. Which movie is your favorite and who’s your favorite minor character?

I’d say my favorite torture methods are psychological/emotional. Betrayal, sub-character deaths, misplaced trust, or destruction of their expectations are all great.

My favorite part of writing is by far the brainstorming, it’s what I’m best at. I like to make “Thinking” pages, which are chocked full of plot alternatives, character details, and fun facts for my WIP. Most of which will never be used. lol

Just remember to... Trust in God, Stay Safe, and Eat Doughnuts 🍩🍩

Livi Ryddle
          @anne_the_noob14

@padawanpadme

Hello! My name isn’t actually Livi. Or Anne. But you can call me either! 😀 I just turned fifteen earlier this month, and I have my permit. So that’s cool.

Favorite books… The Hobbit, Lord of The Rings, Airman, Ender’s Game (to some extent. Long story…), aaand… *scrunches face up, thinking* All the others I can’t think of- AAAA HOW COULD I FORGET RANGER’S APPRENTICE!!! That series is AMAZING

*coughs*

Favorite movies! The Greatest Showman, Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns, Zootopia, Charlie Chan (though I haven’t watched those ones in forever), Abbott and Costello…

I haven’t seen or read (it is a book, right? Don’t kill me for being really uneducated 😛 ) Star Wars, though I really want to. 🙁

I write in fantasy, mainly. *thinks about all the WIPs I have* Yeah. Fantasy. 😛 My favorite part of writing is when I get those random bouts of extreme motivation to write, and I sit down and get a whole ton of words written at once. I LOVE it. 😀 😀

Heh. Torturing charries. *rubs hands together*

____

Gwen: You literally just broke my arm. I don’t need more torture.

Me: Not just now. And it wasn’t me. It was the shape-shifter.

Gwen: … that… That still counts.

Me: Eh. Not really.

Gwen: AND after you had my arm broken, you had it get infected. THEN I had an allergic reaction to the poultice Dane used.

Me: And I still think I should have it have to be amputated.

Gwen: ….

____

Um.. Yeah. I don’t have a favorite method, really. Just a bunch of methods that I switch between 😀

____

Gwen: So like how you’re planning that Stilton doesn’t actually like me?

Me: How’d you know about that? That was classified info…

Gwen: It’s literally so obvious.

Me: Well, I have a couple other surprises planned. *smiles very creepily*

Gwen: Oh boy…

"Reck not."
          ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Mrs. Skywalker
          @padawanpadme

@naiya-dyani

YESSSSSS TORTURING CHARACTERS

*cue all of my characters glaring at me*

Haha, me too! I’ve made things quite hard on my children lately. XD

Mrs. Skywalker
            @padawanpadme

@ethan_emanresu

Hey Ethan! Nice to meet you! That’s awesome!! Are they fantasy for children or for YA?

Ohh! I like your book choices! I love Chronicles of Narnia too! Have you seen the movies yet? They’re awesome!!!

I haven’t read LOTR or the Hobbit yet, but I really want to! Is there one you prefer?

I love sending snippets too, but it’s also terrifying too XD And yesssss, I love to kill off a good character. >:)

It sounds like you’ve been giving your characters a hard time, just like me XD XD I must admit, I’m worried one day they’ll try to take over, because they’re done with my author shenanigans.

Naiya Dyani
              @naiya-dyani

@padawanpadme Same. . . I killed one of my main characters, and now. Well. That character’s friends are a bit traumatized. . .

I do love my children, though. Whether or not they believe me. *pats two charrie heads that kind of resent it right now* (Also, it only recently occurred to me that I should watch myself when I call my characters my children when I’m not around family/other writers. . . otherwise people will get the wrong idea. . . XD (doesn’t mean I’m going to stop doing it tho))

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Naiya Dyani.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Mrs. Skywalker
                @padawanpadme

@pookiemonster

Hey there! YES STAR WARS! Well, I am most definitely a die hard fan for sure. So I got you there!

Great question! It’s so hard to pick, because I have ones for each trilogy! But I really love Leia, Han, Rey, and Padme. For minor characters I really love Lando and Baze and Chirrut! What about you?

Me TOO! I really employ that a lot in my books, much to my characters horror. XD

And again, SAME FOR ME! The brainstorming and fun fact part is honestly the best. Ever. (Even if most of it I’ll never use. XD)

(Btw, your signature is everything.)

Mrs. Skywalker
                  @padawanpadme

@anne_the_noob14

Hey! My name isn’t Padme either, but you’re welcome to call me that! XD

And surely! Both names are very pretty. Do you prefer one?

And driving. That is awesome! I’m still learning the quirks and challenges of driving too, so I’m with ya!

And I like those picks too! I’ll have to check some of those out.

And those movie picks are awesome too! (I haven’t seen The Greatest Showman, but the songs are GREAT.) And both Mary Poppins films are SO amazing.

Lol, no, Star Wars is actually a film series. (They do have books, however.) I HIGHLY recommend the movies!!! I just never can stop fangirling about it.

And oh! Fantasy is awesome! And yessss, I LOVE when that happened when I’m writing. (Even though it feels rare. *dabs tears*)

THERE ARE SO MANY ANGRY CHARACTERS ON THIS THREAD! XD But right? Switching the methods of evil makes it so much more fun.

(Also pooe Gwen. I feel bad for her. Yet I am an author, so I understand. XD)

*all my characters give me awful glares*

What? I still love you.

Mrs. Skywalker
                    @padawanpadme

@naiya-dyani Wow!! You’re really brave, killing off main characters. (But it does allow for so much author evilness, however.)

But right? I love my darling characters. They just don’t appreciate me as much as they should. XD

(And HAHA I know right???? That combined with me searching baby name books might make people think something extremely untrue XD XD XD)

Ethan_Emanresu
                      @ethan_emanresu

Hm…. The one I call “Lylith” would probably be for 13-15 year old readers and “The Author’s Way” would be for 10-14 year old readers. The thing is, I am not very good at writing scary scenes, so younger people could most likely read them also.

YES THE MOVIES!! I have seen the three they sent out and am waiting for The Silver Chair. (And The Magician’s Nephew, The Last Battle, and The Horse and His Boy, but I’m not sure if the producers are going to take them on.)

I definitely recommend the Hobbit and LOTR. One problem with the Hobbit though, it seems the adventure is always happening and doesn’t let the characters rest much.  The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers do better in that and are really interesting and exiting. The Return of the King kind of drags out, but it is still very worth reading. The Silmarillion drags out even more, but if you like history, it’s a good choice.

Actually, in The Author’s Way, I have the characters talk to me and express their anger, uneasiness,  thankfulness, etc… about the plot and turns of events. So far I’ve killed at least a hundred side characters. Heh heh. Oops.

Jared: “YOU’RE A MURDERER!!”
                        <p style=”text-align: center;”>_____________________________________________________________________</p>
                        “I am the Author” I said in a low tone. “I decide everything that ever has happened, is happening, and will happen for the rest of your life.”

INFP writer and friend of rain, darkness, dragons, and other writers

Naiya Dyani
                        @naiya-dyani

@padawanpadme Bwahaha, yes it does! *rubs hands* Killing this one off wasn’t in my original plan, but then I realized that (a) with my plot, it was only so realistic to have all the main characters survive, and (b) it seemed like the perfect end to his arc. . . very bittersweet. 😌 My favorite kind. Ya know, to write, not to read. 😝 *glances over shoulder* Oh, dear, I think I need to go comfort one of my babies. . . he’s taken the loss of his friend pretty hard. 😔

Livi Ryddle
                          @anne_the_noob14

@padawanpadme

*grins* Ok! And Livi is fine 🙂

Yaasss… Now that I’ve kinda gotten a little more used to it, it’s getting more fun. And less scary XD

AAAAA YES I LOVE THE SONGS

Ok lol. I’ll have to watch it sometime! Some of my IRL friends are huge fans as well, and I bet they’d loan me their copies of the movies 😀

YES I LOVE MAKING CHARRIES MAD AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*coughs*

Heh. 😀

And yeeeahhh… I make Gwen’s life hard. 😀 😀 She gets some bouts of depression sometimes, too. So that makes me feel bad for her. But again… I LOVE IT AHAHAHAHHAA

*coughs again*

I shall take my leave now 😛

"Reck not."
                          ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Sink
                          @sarah-inkdragon

*peeks around the corner*

Is that Star Wars I hear? The original trilogy for the win… anything else is meh for me.

But anyhow, on to the good part – torturing characters!

Mmm, to be honest I try to hold back on the actual torturing, because my characters are traumatized enough without it but as for emotional and psychological torture… as well as just enormous amounts of stress, can’t be spoken for. 😉 I like le angst as much as anyone else, but only when it’s well done. And for an INTJ, I’m surprising lenient when it comes to outright killing characters. (They’re my children, don’t judge me. XD)

*vader vibes*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest