fb

I'm here!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@rochellaine Oh, okay. ๐Ÿ˜› Are you talking about the book Mara, Daughter of the Nile?ย  cause if you are I had the same feeling even though the rest of the story is amazing.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@ashiraย  Ha… I had not even thought of it being that book! (Duh) ๐Ÿ™

Well, happy birthday!……….

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@ashira That’s the book! ๐Ÿ˜›

I offered to invite your sister onto a google document with the opening chapter of my WIP on it, but I haven’t really heard from her about that other than that she’d like to read it.ย  If she wants to read it I can either send it to you, or you have to give me her email address, since you have mine.ย  Could you ask her what she’d like to do?

Tagging @selah-chelyah as well, because I’m talking about you. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nonsense makes the heart grow fonder ~ Carolyn Wells

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@selah-chelyah Oh, and whose birthday is it?ย  Or was that just a random exclamation? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@rochellaineย  I would love to read it! My email is: needleworksbyselah@gmail.com

And yeah, actually I said that because I gave her that book for her birthday… 16th…. yesterday!ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

~ Created to create ~

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@selah-chelyah Great!ย  I’ll send that out to you.

A warning though: you put your email out here where anyone can see it, and that could be dangerous on the internet.ย  So if you have time (I think it’s five minutes from the time you post) you can probably edit your post to take it out.ย  You don’t have to, I just thought I’d suggest it in case. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh, that’s hilarious.ย  It was just in time, I guess!ย  Happy birthday, @ashira ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@rochellaineย  Hmmmm. I have given my email out like 5 or 6 times on here at least already, so…. it might be kinda late. Thank you! :_

~ Created to create ~

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@selah-chelyah Haha, ๐Ÿ˜› okay, then.

I sent you the doc.ย  You’ll be able to comment there if you like, and I’d love to hear what you think!

@ashira
    You’ve read the opening already, right?

Oh, and I noticed your sister said she got you a book for your birthday yesterday, and you’ve already read it…isn’t that the disappointing thing about new books?ย  That they’re often no longer “new” after only a couple of hours? ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@rochellaine

Well, she actually read it before I did…. :_

And I read the opening… awesome!

~ Created to create ~

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@selah-chelyah I meant that she’s read the part of my book I just sent you, since (I think) I sent it to her a while back when I was first planning on trying this idea out.

Thanks!ย  I can’t wait to finish it.

What’s your favorite WIP at the moment?ย  (You said you were working on several.ย  That’s what I do too, but I usually have a main one, and then others on the side. ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@rochellaine ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks!

Yeah, I read it in April.ย  Have you changed it since then?

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira I think I added a little bit more than what you read to the doc I sent your sister.ย  I just sent it to you, so you can read it and check if you like.ย  It should be pretty close to what you read.ย  Possibly with a couple more paragraphs.ย  (I’ve written more than that since then, but this is just the first chapter for introduction.)

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@rochellaineย  I have two main WIP`s at the moment, and am working mostly on the second one. The general story outlines are in my profile, if you want to read that. :_ I started the first one several years ago and have a LOT of reworking to do! The second one is coming along well, though. I will hopefully post it on Google Docs before long, and maybe you could help proofread it…. please?! Thanks for letting me read yours!

~ Created to create ~

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@selah-chelyah Cool, I’d love to read your second one, it sounds very interesting.

Unfortunately I have to say I don’t like your first story’s synopsis, because I have personal experience with adoption (my family has adopted several children, and my parents are counselors for adoptive parents) and the story is just the type of thing that causes extra trauma for adoptive children.ย  My parents have researched for years and seen so many real life families have problems because they try to blend the adoptive family with the old one.ย  We’ve found that the only way adoptive children can really heal is if they view their biological parents as completely in the past and having nothing to do with their current life, being merely content to have adoptive parents be their real parents.ย  Blending the families is idealistic and makes for a sensational and intriguing story, but is quite unrealistic and traumatic for real adoptive children. (No matter how many people tell you otherwise.ย  Idealistic always sounds good in theory, but we’ve worked with real life families and there’s just a huge difference.)

…I’m sorry, I really don’t mean to sound harsh, I’m just a bit tired of unrealistic stories about adoption. I hope this doesn’t bother you too much. ๐Ÿ™ Please forgive me if it does!

However, I love your second story, it sounds very fun! ๐Ÿ˜€ย  It reminds me of a Shirley Temple film, which I think you might enjoy because it has a very similar premise and resolution.ย  Have you ever heard ofย Stowaway 1936?ย  It’s an absolutely adorable film.ย  I’d be happy to beta read your second story for you, as long as I have the time.ย  Please let me know when you are ready for it to be read!!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@rochellaineย ย Wow, thank you for your honest opinion! Hmmm….. is there a way that could be resolved within the same general story-line, or would you rather not think about it? I do not want to write something that is not realistic, and Iย really appreciate you sharing with me! Maybe if Mary is older, and thus leaves the orphanage on her own and with permission, and just stays with the couple instead of being adopted? They would not neccesarily go to India with Mary`s family in the sequel…
    Keep telling me what you really think! Thx so much for doing so. :_
    I will definitely let you know when I have it ready. ๐Ÿ™‚

No, I do not think I have seen that particular Shirley Temple movie.

~ Created to create ~

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest