fb

I'm here!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@the-fledgling-artist It’s set in the New Testament – early Acts.  I’m having a lot of fun with it.  I’d love to tell you more about it on Writers’ Corner if you like.  SeekJustice and I are there now. 😉

Nonsense makes the heart grow fonder ~ Carolyn Wells

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@rochellaine Oh okay! Ill pop over there. Just gotta see if I can remember my password haha. 😀

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

Rochellaine!!!!!! You’re here! You might not recognize me, but I’m that random person who shows up at KP every now and then named Sarah Anson. 😉

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@sarah-inkdragon Hi Sarah!  I remember you.  I don’t think I know you very well, though, so I’m just going to ask…what do you like to write?  I’m assuming fantasy?  (That seems to be the favorite topic with most contemporary writers…and…there’s a dragon… 😉 )

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@rochellaine Yeah, I wasn’t around to much but I’d show up every now and then randomly and chat with y’all. I like to write fantasy, yes, and that’s my main genre, but I also write sci-fi, dystopian, futuristic, contemporary, steampunk, contemporary fantasy…. Basically everything but horror, HF, and straight up romance. 😉

Haha, yeah, the dragon. I’m obsessed with them. (I mean, once I saw HTTYD, I was hooked. Who can’t be? XD) 😉

People have probably already asked this, but I’m terribly lazy and don’t want to search back through the whole three pages of this topic to find it, but what’s you WIP about? I think I heard is was Biblical HF, but I’m not sure…. (Mine’s fantasy, of course. XD)

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Anonymous

@rochellanie,

What type of sci-fi do you write?

Star Wars and Star Trek type. 😉😉

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@rochellaine  I do not draw, but I DO write!! I am working on multiple WIP`s, and major in his-fic. Love your WIP idea!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@sarah-inkdragon No historical fiction?  But that’s my favorite genre!! 😛

Yes, my WIP is a Biblical his-fic.  It’s set in NT times, and I’m coming at the subject from a different angle than most New Testament his-fics I’ve read.  I’m sorry I can’t give you more right now, but I’m not really announcing the premise to the general public yet. 😉

@selah-chelyah
    Cool!  What historical period is your favorite – either to read or to write about?

Haha, it’s funny you think my WIP sounds so interesting when all you know is it’s set in the early Acts. 😛  Do you especially like that time period or something?

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@rochellaine In case you have not heard or have forgotten, Selah Chelyah is my older sister. 😉 She has actually thought about writing a story about the daughter of the same person.  *tries not to make it obvious* So I told her you were already writing that.  I told her very little about yours, though.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@rochellaine  Oh my… do not start me! 🙂 I love ALL history, and I don`t think I could have less than all! Ah! Ancient, Biblical, Medieval, Renaissance, Revolutionary War, WW I/II, Missionary, etc… and everything in between!  How about you?!

~ Created to create ~

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@ashira

Selah Chelyah has actually thought about writing a story about the daughter of the same person.  *tries not to make it obvious* So I told her you were already writing that.  I told her very little about yours, though.

Oh my, I’m so sorry Selah Chelyah!  (I guess that’s why you knew more about my WIP than I had said here?)  Your sister said she didn’t tell you much about it, but I’d be happy to let you read the first section/chapter of my story and tell me what you think of it.  Would you be interested in doing that?

@selah-chelyah
    Haha!  I’m a bit more picky about my history periods than you are.  I mean, I like learning about a lot of history, but there are just some periods I don’t have fun with.  Like ancient Egypt, for example.  Whenever I read about that I get so depressed because no one ever follows God, and it’s all about their idols and evil practices.  My favorite period is American history from 1890-1970. 😉

You said you were working on multiple WIPs.  Do you have a main one or two you could tell me about?

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@rochellaine What?  Ancient Egypt is intriguing!  I agree that most of their history is depressing because of their worship, but I do have this great, crazy plot idea for a story set when Joseph is there, and I totally have fun with it!  (But I am trying not to work on it because I already have several underway. 😉  )

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@ashira Hey, I never said Ancient Egypt wasn’t intriguing! 😛  I think all history has the potential to be intriguing if you dig deep enough.  And Ancient Egypt certainly does not lack for interesting customs and events.  All I said was whenever I happen to read/think about it I get depressed, particularly when it’s times where the Children of Israel are not mentioned.  I once read a really well-written novel set in ancient Egypt, and it was really cool, had an amazing plot, and had a happy ending.  However, I finished the novel feeling depressed, because the “happy ending” merely meant the government conspiracy had been resolved, the girl and the guy were able to be together, and there was a beautiful moon in the sky…which sounds great…

…but then the last few paragraphs directly referenced the “moon goddess” as looking down upon everyone and smiling because they were happy.  So even if I’d tried to focus solely on the story and not the idolatry elements of it, the last few paragraphs pushed it right into the front of my head and I couldn’t help but remember that without God, all their earthly happiness counted as nothing, and they’d go to hell when they died.  So what was the point of reading about happiness if it ultimately had nothing to do with true happiness?

Does that make sense?  I’m not saying Ancient Egypt isn’t interesting, just that it’s depressing to hear of unsaved people who don’t have a chance of being saved.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@rochellaine  It is okay… confusing when we have pen names with different last names, I guess! 🙂 I would love to read it!!

~ Created to create ~

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@selah-chelyah Oh, I didn’t forget you were Ariel’s sister.  I was feeling sorry that we’d both had the same story idea. 😉

Well, in that case could you have Ariel send me your email address? (She has mine.)  And I’ll invite you onto a google document with the opening to the story.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest