I'm back, I think, we'll see

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself I'm back, I think, we'll see

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Violet
    @pookiemonster

@theresa-play   I’ve never heard of Chuck Black before but I just looked him up and his books look interesting, so it’s going into my tbr. But between you and me there’s over 100 books on that list.😋

“What do you read?” is such an open question! How to answer? Basically I’ll read anything but romance and horror.

Currently reading Star Wars “legends” books. But my favorite book of all time is Don Quixote!

P.S: I was also homeschooled (kinda sorta)!  *high fives*

Just remember to... Trust in God, Stay Safe, and Eat Doughnuts 🍩🍩

Theresa Play
    @theresa-play

@pookiemonster, honestly, if my mom let me, I would have a list that long. But sadly I have school books that I have to focus on. But yes, you should definitely check out his books. They are amazing.

I know its an open question, but I can find out so much about a person by how they respond to open questions.

I hate horror. It makes no sense to me. I read romance as long as that isn’t the only plot.

Star Wars! *don’t obsess, don’t obsess…* I’m good, really. Have you ever read Thrawn? Or “Heir to the Empire” series? Or just any of the Timothy Zahn Star Wars books?

Don Quixote, I’ll have to look into that

*completely misses the high five* (clumsy 🙂

I’ve gotta ask, how are you kinda homeschooled? I know how I am, but you’re the first person who is like that

"My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoices that I am out of the fight."
      - C. S. Lewis

Anonymous

@theresa-play Welcome back!

Violet
        @pookiemonster

@theresa-play
        Exactly! Horror makes no sense, especially to a christian. Why would some one want to fill their mind with that kind of stuff?

When I say I won’t read romance, I mean the genre itself. I’m ok with romance being a sub plot in a book, just not the main plot. You know what I mean?

You obsess over Star Wars too!? YAY

Wait……Did you say “Heir to the Empire” ?????? Oh my mashed potatoes, What a coincidence! 😱I’m literally reading that book right now! I’m at the part where Luke just got captured and locked back in his cell my Mara Jade. If you don’t believe me (even I almost don’t believe me) you can check my Flickr where I posted the books I’m currently reading, just a few days ago. https://www.flickr.com/photos/155949790@N04/46559696485/

Don Quixote is 😍AMAZING! But if you’re not used to reading old classics I don’t recommend it because it’s a 16th century Spanish novel with 863 pages, and if you’re not used to old English speech it can be confusing. You really have to like old English to enjoy it.

Well I’m “kinda homeschooled” because I’m taking a gap year now, but I’m still learning things. Even when I was homeschooled, I basically taught myself, using textbooks and online programs. So right now I’m kinda sorta homeschooled. 🙂

Theresa Play
        @theresa-play

@futuro, thank you! and nice to meet you

@pookiemonster

Have you ever heard of Frank Peretti? He’s a christian author. His books are mainly on spiritual warfare. I’ve only read his teen books, but they’re really good. He could kinda be labeled horror by some people, but I like his stuff because its truth.

Same. there was a time when I was reading way to many romance, but not anymore.

I’m sure you’re past that part now, but its one of my favorite parts in that book!! Now I want to go and reread the series. Guess I’ll have to steal it out of my sister’s room again.

I’ll look into it. I have read some older books, but it usually depends on my mood.

Ah, that makes sense. for me its because I’ve been going to a votech school this year.

"My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoices that I am out of the fight."
          - C. S. Lewis

Violet
          @pookiemonster

@theresa-play

I’ve never heard of Frank Peretti. Or of anything ever being considered Christian Horror. lol. But I’ll be sure to look into it.

Yeah, I’ve finished the book. It definitely had that 70’s Star Wars feel and I liked that. I’m going to read the second book next month. Have you read Tarkin? It’s my favorite Star Wars book.

I used to use virtual school as well but only for math (blah).

I love your signature btw. 🙂

A.N. Parker
          @bigideaskc

Welcome aboard, @theresa-play! 😀 I can relate with the whole joined-a-while-ago-but-have-been-very-inactive-so-I’m-coming-back-now-and-trying-to-be-active thingamjig. I’ve been inactive for eight months (sorry, guuuys!) and I’m trying to be active again.

But I know that Story Embers is an epic place for Christian writers to collaborate, so don’t feel intimidated at all! Welcome aboard! 🙂

(P.S. You like Frank Peretti too?! YAAAS!!! *high-fives* Do you like The Visitation? That’s the one I’m reading right now and I really love it.)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by A.N. Parker.

Grammar Geek | Steampunk Enthusiast | Published Author | Winged Warrior | Avatar by RedPhoenix15

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest